College Football 2015

bs69

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

Recruiting class means nothing. You really think the ESPN think tank knows these players in and out. QB play is down in the SEC. That happens to be the single most important position. You lost last year. The SEC has been great. The Cowboys were awesome too. But I'm not going to live in the past. I feel a playoff gives us a more accurate champion. The BCS although effective and definitely loved by the money makers did not always give you the best two teams. If one of your teams wins this year, by all means call me out. Let me know how many pro starting quarterbacks you see starting this year in the SEC? 5 years ago I wasn't saying overrated but now, I will let the playoff decide and it says Big 10 and ACC can hold their own.

• Forum MVP

Recruiting class is the single most important issue. But if u are working with a top 10 class then it comes to coaching. UK recruits around 40-50th every year. I have to watch them play teams with massive speed and get destroyed. You can't coach speed and power into guys with neither. Alabama has such an evil defense most years and that's from recruiting 4-5 star players.

• Forum MVP

Until 8 teams get in this will continue to be a joke. How do you compare a 2 loss team who played 4 top 10 teams to a 1 loss team in a crap conference. The SEC will continue to get shafted until it goes to 8 teams. It's funny that the sec had the top 3 teams at 1 time and because they had to play each other they dropped down.

• Forum MVP

Until 8 teams get in this will continue to be a joke. How do you compare a 2 loss team who played 4 top 10 teams to a 1 loss team in a crap conference. The SEC will continue to get shafted until it goes to 8 teams. It's funny that the sec had the top 3 teams at 1 time and because they had to play each other they dropped down.

Agreed.......an 8-team playoff would be perfect.

I think it will happen within 5 years, if for no other reason = more $$$.

• Forum MVP

I'm just hoping Jim Harbaugh can bring some competence back to Michigan. I really don't want him to debut on national television with an ugly loss on Thursday!!

GO BLUE!!!

He will definitely make them better until they revolt. No way I would want to play for Jim. But he's def gonna be a better college than pro coach. Guys who make 3 mil a year do not want to be treated how he treats players.

• Forum MVP

Those Harbaugh brothers are as 'red-assed' as they come.  Did you check little brother John's act over the weekend!  Not a good look.

Hey - as long as Jim can get everything he can out of his players and return the program to even flashes of prominence, I'm good.  I'd love the OSU/UM rivalry to actually have something on the line in the coming years - other than bragging rights.  U of M has been a shadow of its former self ever since App State came into the big house and shocked the world.  I wake up in a cold sweat every now and then with this nightmare:

michigan-fail.gif

I can still remember exactly where I was when this went down.  A beautiful mountain house right on the Greenbrier River - came in to grab a beer and head back out to go fishing.  I saw this on the Tele, grabbed a six back, jumped in a canoe, and came back 2 hours later sunburned and drunk.

• Forum MVP

UK went out and hired the worst stoops brother thinking any stoops would be great to get. So far he's proven he's a decent recruiter(2 top 20 classes) but a horrible coach. Not sure if I prefer the old days with horrible recruiting and good coaching. It comes out the same. 2-6 or 1-7 in SEC play every year :/. UK would fit in well in the ACC. Better hoops league and average football league.

• Forum MVP

You are right.  The SEC will always get in 1 team.  But the fact is they deserved 2.  They all have to play each other giving each other losses that other conferences dont have to deal with.  At 1 point last year, Miss St, Ole Miss and Alabama were 1, 2 and 3 rated.  then they had to play each other.  If they played in any other conference they would have to get by 1 serious team only and since they had to play each other they got the shaft.

• Forum MVP

That's like saying a 13-3 nfl team sucks. You can't compare BYU's schedule to a pro team. The same comparing sec to any other conference. I think of the 25 5-star players, the sec got 18. That's nuts.

Archived