Ashland

Tom Banjo

• Forum MVP

Set One:

Here Comes Sunshine ; The Race Is On ; Mister Charlie ; Loose Lucy ; Me And My Uncle ; Next Time You See Me ; Tomorrow Is Forever ; Cumberland Blues ; China Cat Sunflower > I Know You Rider

Set Two:

Good Lovin' ; Rockin' Pneumonia and Boogie Woogie Flu ; Pride Of Cucamonga ; Uncle John's Band ; Eyes Of The World > Wharf Rat > The Other One > Two Souls In Communion > Not Fade Away

Encore: Midnight Moonlight w/Dino

• Forum MVP

Here comes sunshine was a huge dance explosion. It twas the highlight until a real raunchy piggy lovin.

Two souls may have topped it as the true climax as per the rare emotional space that one occupies but im going to stick w the good lovin. Our corner was grooving nice and good for that one.

• Forum MVP

Mango,  congradulations on so many wonderful events.  We are envendous you can enjoy so many.

Show #299 for Mango and one of my favorites ever. #300 tomorrow

.....  Anyone on the board see 300 Dead shows? .....

I would guess that Chuck and another brother, Herdy, are up there in those numbers.

A couple years back Joesph declared that he had seen more shows that year then both drummers. He had seen every show, over a hundred, but Dino had missed a couple, I think to be at the birth of his child.

Peace and Love,

Doc

• Forum MVP

1 day too late on this show. If they scheduled it for last night the fans and the band could have hit the recreational stores for some after show goodies. Congrats Oregon.

• Forum MVP

To me the show had a very 70s kind of feel. I was actually a little confused and didn't fully realize it wasn't a show! Which is exactly how I want to feel!

Had a super excited guy singing from sunshine til next time you see me in my ear quite loudly- but then Lisa made him stop with her beautiful presence and the fact that no one knew tomorrow is forever (I heard the sound check when I went inside to pee) but I was happy the kid was stoked- who am I to ruin his karaoke? Hehe. The loose Lucy really got me jumping around but I have to agree that the here comes sunshine was the most amazing thing ever!

Cumberland China rider was ridiculously fun and though Ashland was getting pretty shwilly, we just danced right through it. All the cool jams came out in the transition in electric rainbow light. Set break was fun but I came back to hang up front pretty quick. By 2nd set some kinda creepy ladies showed up that were too drunk to have any respect (or any clue what was going on, really) but I didn't feel like dealing with it other than just dancing through it.... I mean, it is gonna take more than some drunk ladies for me to walk too far from Barraco while he is delivering one of my favorite Good Lovins ever!!! Seriously delicious and the band really got into making some rather suggestive sounds as the rap got typically slightly out of hand in a dirty Pigpen kinda way- gonna take a while to clean that one out! Hehe. Everyone rocked through the pneumonia and I liked the pride much more than usual- it is just better in Oregon. Uncle Johns had everyone that wasn't too drunk in rainbow land and even those with little sense left came around to the waterside. I remembered to be kind. Just goes to show that it isn't the first night of tour and sleepiness is catching up with me.

The eyes was incredible and it only got better as they moved into wharf rat I buckled down for the onslaught of intense regretful and sorrowful energy that always fills the room for this song and I weathered through the storm and by other one I finally leaned over to the creepy ladies and said "can you please stop talking!" And it pretty much worked (I had already given them the front but no one is trying to listen to people talk!) but then the one wanted to dance with me and I had to be like "I do t want to dance with you" be I didn't wanna get knocked down or swallowed by her- this was kinda a life n death moment- but when I refused they both settled down and we finished the show without a peanut and beer gallery.

The two souls was deeply moving- I hugged my friend cause there was no boy to hug and I wanted to share the moment with someone! Very cool! One more time..... And it's love so won't fade away! So goooooood!

During midnight moonlight there was almost a fist fight in the front and the dude who out on his hippie gear for one show a year was enraged at my homie who has toured for life and though my homie shouldn't have been cleaning up drinks on the stage and accident,y grabbed his- the dude overreacted in a way that showed he only wears tie dye once a year- unkind ppl who dance all hippie dippy during shows only to freak out in anger really scare me but I just rolled my eyes and let it be- and Eaton personally wagged his finger at them n stopped the fight- thanks!

Tonight should be fun! Wang dang!? ;)

• Forum MVP

I might say top 10 communal dance party I've been apart of although I think black mountaim night 1 this year was a recent communal dance party that tops that experience but you said you didn't quite have the groove night one. Ashland had conscious space. Black mountain spaced allowed me to enter the subconscious or unconcious dance space. Nothing matche my solo dance experience in Jamaica. Complete destruction of any consciousness. A temporary escape from samsara.

• Forum MVP

First night Black Mountain dance party was an amazing experience !Help Slip Franklin was sublime, really took me to another time and space. The groove was in the heart and by second set it had burst open into a fractal of light. I never will forget the first time I heard a 70s Dancing. It was the greatest bit of inspiration I was amazed. And to live and dance it just made my dreams come true

Especially after my new friends helped me get my boots off ! Hahahaha

• Forum MVP

And btw, I don't want to rub it in. The jubilee communal dance party night 1 and 2 was some other level stuff. You belonged there. Trust me. Others might say same night 3

Night 3 was a blast too but u had priorities and I don't blame u at all. That full terrapin bust out was the show maker.

But I thought night 2 Asheville was a bigger dance party than night 1. But then again I think TOO and Viola are the elite of the elite dance songs. Depending on the version, I'd have to rate TOO as my top dancer but that jubilee viola filler was about as blissful I've ever been in dance.

• Forum MVP

I had been to the shows in Pocahontas and Atlanta.  Even with the space in Poca for whatever reason I failed to blossom and the music only moved me so far.  Night 1 at Black Mountain was an orgasmic level release.  I was really able to get my energy and flow going.  I think Dancing in the Streets and Samson are both huge dance numbers for me at this point.  Not trying to diminish the power of the TOO and Viola.  I found night 1 to have much more a consistent flow of energy for me.  Night 2 came in part, but it may have a lot to do with my need to save energy for the 4 hours ride to atlanta. 

• Forum MVP

I just reviewed the data regarding this Black Mountain of which you guys speak. 

I'm a night 2 kind of guy as well.  Not that there's anything wrong with night 1, as Seinfeld might have said.  In fact, Fall '76 is pretty delicious across the board. 

• Forum MVP

I also still feel despite seeing some fantastic electives that GD set lists often flow better for me.   Not really trying to reignite that debate, but I like recreations and in the style of electives better than electives in terms of energy flow for the most part.  I feel we all have our preferences here.

Archived