Random thoughts and randomness in general

Rude

• Forum MVP
10 minutes ago, Teacher Matt said:

If you call them phase 1b ...

well you must be way behind them like somewhere around phase 30xyz..

because those 4 boys are the golden road

was just joking. I know they aren’t that old. But if the world was Dso They Would be phase 1a. They did the days of small clubs and no one in attendance sometimes b/c of shitty promoters. I bet that would be fun. Ive seem some 100 peeps shows and it was fun. Not great for the band as they maybe lost money those days.  I saw Panic in 1993 or 94 with 50 total others in Louisville. That’s sorta nuts to think about now. 

• Forum MVP

I FINALLY got a taste of some live GD-esque music this weekend.  It felt really, really, really, really, really, really, really bleeping excellent to be back in the saddle - even if the musicianship was a far cry from DSO's collective chops.  It was also really, really, really, really, really, really great to meet some new friends and dance the night away!  Like a breath of the freshest air there is... 

I know I should be grateful to be alive with a healthy immediate family and a job BUT this last year has been so very tough on me - on all of us I'm sure.  Innocence lost, love lost, family lost, lost family, respite lost.  It all makes me so sad that it's hard to get up in the morning to face the day.  Sorrow used to be an occasional visitor in my life but now it's moved into our spare bedroom and often takes over for days and days at a time.  Grief is a very strange animal - I wish it would just go.  People tell me I need to let it run it's course but it often feels like touching a hot stove.  When it's not burning me, it feels like being alone in a boat that's sinking during a rainstorm - in the middle of the ocean.  I guess I have to hurt in order to heal, right?  Sorry for the therapy blog - if I keep it in, it literally eats me alive from the inside out.

LIVE music won't be the sole reason that I make it through the maze I'm in but I'm certain it will help me reach a more comfortable place/perspective.  It was really nice to smile again and to leave my trials and tribulations alone - even for just a couple hours.  I'm looking forward to the peace that this music can bring me and sharing that joy with some amazing people. 

• Like (+1) 7

• Forum MVP

T, its amazing how much we grow when we lose.  How much we gain through loss, how much loss makes us feel when those nuggets of joy are given for us to experience.  Sorry about ruff times and the fate of life.  At times it seems its never ending.  Perpetual cycles of ups and downs or constant downs.  Hits you harder when your down, then hits you again till you become numb to all the blows.  From dreary and cold nights of winter comes the rebirth of spring, to the long days of summer, back again through the strange nights of fall. Life is seasonal, but not always on time.  Sometimes those seasons last months, year, years, a decade or two.  Not always sure time heals but it does offer reflection, growth, and a sense of peace going through the worse accepting the tides, being more cautious, and eventually being wiser and more accepting as you experience more of the same.   Steps to make you stronger to face a always not so beautiful world. But---with out the darkness there would be no light.  Peace be with you brother.  You will certainly carry some load, but time will allow you to shed the weight.  Just as a caterpillar sheds its cocoon.  The experience is part of the change inside.  Your a good soul, keep that to heart as you bear the burdens.  Little bit of music certainly helps.   Support from friends and Jerry/Hunter words that seem to already know how you feel.  Keep dancing....glad you got some music.   Hope you get more.   Take time for yourself T!!  The ones you love will be better off with the time you take for yourself!!!

• Like (+1) 5

• Forum MVP
On 3/10/2021 at 1:04 PM, August West said:

Herdy, Bix, Vegas, and I will be in Maryland all 3 nights. Gold section. We have a huge house rented, that's where the after party will be. Hopefully Scotty and the Daylights are flying in, so we can have live music. Steph is doing well, just got herself a Mercedes Benz. Her and Jesse are living the life they love. Hope I don't miss you this time Sunny. Peace brother. 

how about a 5th wheel for 2 of the 3 ... like the old NBA free throw rule 3 to make 2 .. if accepted I can provide many a resource.. mostly my good looks and stellar conversations at setbreak... hehe

• Forum MVP

Tea, love you brother. Grief sure does suck. Pain sucks. My mom has entered what we call hospice care although still at home. Hospital bed in living room. No more treatment. Nurses 21 to 22 hours of the day. We are getting to say good bye but we don’t have to much time left. 

Not sure I know your exact struggles brother but I know I love you and I support you and that love will see us through. 

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP
2 hours ago, Mason's Child said:

Tea, love you brother. Grief sure does suck. Pain sucks. My mom has entered what we call hospice care although still at home. Hospital bed in living room. No more treatment. Nurses 21 to 22 hours of the day. We are getting to say good bye but we don’t have to much time left. 

Not sure I know your exact struggles brother but I know I love you and I support you and that love will see us through. 

I love and miss all of you. Grief is personal...shows on horizon...c ya soon

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

Grief is really private and we choose who to really share it with. I take the most painful moments alone. Like crying in the car. I think toph saw me cry for the first time in 4 years during this. He may have been wrong but my dad taught me to hold up my head up high and be strong for others in life’s toughest moments. I never saw my dad cry. 

Shows on the horizon. I will share my grief and my joy with the music through the expression dance. I will allow myself to open up to all of life’s emotions and leave it all on the dance floor. We won’t talk about grief when I’m done. Just smile into the night. Laugh. Share stories again. Remember to turn on love light and let it shine. Rocky Mountain Grateful Dead revue shows are coming. 

• Like (+1) 3

• Forum MVP
13 hours ago, Mason's Child said:

Grief is really private and we choose who to really share it with. I take the most painful moments alone. Like crying in the car. I think toph saw me cry for the first time in 4 years during this. He may have been wrong but my dad taught me to hold up my head up high and be strong for others in life’s toughest moments. I never saw my dad cry. 

Shows on the horizon. I will share my grief and my joy with the music through the expression dance. I will allow myself to open up to all of life’s emotions and leave it all on the dance floor. We won’t talk about grief when I’m done. Just smile into the night. Laugh. Share stories again. Remember to turn on love light and let it shine. Rocky Mountain Grateful Dead revue shows are coming. 

Peace to your mother in her final days of life and her journey beyond. It is a unique and raw time that you and your family members have the opportunity to come together and say goodbye and help her through her transition. Although nothing easy about that.

Peace to you, brother.

🙏🏼

• Forum MVP

In Huxley’s the island, their treatment of death was very unique compared to what we usually experience here in the United States. For one, they gave the dying as the past a psychedelic but they also encouraged not just immediate family members but other members of their clan to sit with and go through the death experience with their loved one. Don’t remember the details verbatim but it was very important for them to view death as this transition and for both the old and the young to experience it and go through it together. 

Apparently huxleys wife injected him with LSD as he was passing. 

• Forum MVP

If you want to get in shape, put on the GDTRFB 4/4/85 providence and try to double time dance the 120 bpm for 9 minutes. Wow this is a smoking fast tempo. Not sure I’ve heard a faster GDTRFB plus it’s over 9 mins. Not many of these that go into drums either. Strange spot for it ang one of those insane fast 85 tempos. 

we are trying to go all out on at least a song a night to try to get back in cardio dance shape and this one smoked. 

• Like (+1) 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP
5 hours ago, Greg from Chestertown said:

Does anyone else see the resemblance between Matt Gaetz and Max Headroom, or am I the only one who was alive in the eighties? I gotta ask. 

max headroom paid his hookers in cash like a smart person. 

• LMAO 1

• Forum MVP
7 hours ago, Greg from Chestertown said:

Does anyone else see the resemblance between Matt Gaetz and Max Headroom, or am I the only one who was alive in the eighties? I gotta ask. 

Yes, they both look like people I wouldn’t hang out with. 

• LMAO 1

• Forum MVP
9 hours ago, Rude said:

Saw Panic just announce 4 Full capacity shows at the Riverslide in Milwaukee for October. Time to get back to normal. 

Counting on Lockn this October to be closer to old normal than this hopefully waning, much less satisfying, car or pod compromise.

• Forum MVP

Unfortunately the ticket bots took them all fast. But hey stubhub has single day tickets 400-600........ fucking scalpers. Doubt could pull off a 4-show run yet but couldn’t even get a single pair of tix to any night lol. Panic party isn’t quite jazz fest level but it’s up there. Jazz fest is like jubilee with a bed and oysters and with less rules 😂.  Big hit on the pocketbook but it’s oh so amazing. 

• Forum MVP

I read where live nation said that 75% of people chose to keep tickets vs being refunded because they want to be there when the music returns. The 25% who got refunds all retained attorneys to get refunded is the reality. Still trying to get a refund on last summers stones tour. My tickets say June 2021 now. I’m like umm really?

I’m pretty sure I’ve lost track of many tickets I bought and never got refunded. It was that April -July huge concert time. I do have some sept 2021 JRAD that are sold out so that’s good 

• Forum MVP

Trying to teach boss baby the basic 2 and 4 rock beat on drums but I think he has no rhythm. And he keeps dropping the sticks. He listens to like 3-6 hours a day of dead/stones/allman zep etc. shouldn’t it be in his bones already. 

• Forum MVP
24 minutes ago, Rude said:

Trying to teach boss baby the basic 2 and 4 rock beat on drums but I think he has no rhythm. And he keeps dropping the sticks. He listens to like 3-6 hours a day of dead/stones/allman zep etc. shouldn’t it be in his bones already. 

My experience with that is there is a good chance they may rebel against you.