Random thoughts and randomness in general

Rude

• Forum MVP
5 hours ago, Dead duck said:

I had to try out for Little shop of horrors in high school under threat of losing car privileges. So I did and was cast, (probably based on reputation) as a wino. I’m sure mom was beaming with pride as I rolled around drunk on stage. 🤣😆

annie are you ok. Are you ok annie. 

• Forum MVP

Bonnaroo starts tomorrow. The highs in Nashville are supposed to be 99 Thursday and Friday. Screw that. Plus you have to walk minimum half a mile from camp to the music venue if not a full mile if you don’t get there early. They have 2 air conditioned medical tents where they put an IV bag to rehydrate you. The medical guy said an IV gets them back to normal pretty quick. Hell I think I’d just go say I’m overheating and get the IV fluids. Maybe go early AM to recover from the previous night. Hey bro. Could you toss a little morphine and some B12 in the bag to get rid of the hangover. Can you just leave this hooked up and I’ll pour ice water in the bag as needed. Bonnaroo is set up as a young persons fest with the brutal heat being end of June in the south and the ridiculous walk to camp. You could pay $4k for super vip to get within a few blocks if you like to throw money away or you are one of those types who need to feel important.  There is actual music there though vs Coachella with no one I’ve ever heard of and only 20% are influencers at bonnaroo vs the majority of Coachella’s crowd. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

Playing pandora dead radio 7/11/22 at 7:49 est and was like that sounds like barraco singing. Phil and friends 6/28/06 Raleigh. Don’t get to hear barraco sing Bertha much. Very doubtful he’s ever been lead singer on Bertha in DSO and likely not a lot in his career but it was a solid lead! 

it must be Rob B day on pandora as 6/30/06 Phil and friends Camden St Stephen has him singing again a few songs later, although harmony vs the Bertha lead. Pretty sure Barraco asked Phil for 1 lesson on bass and next day he was like “mastered it. If dso will ever let me join, I can play bass if needed in a pinch”. Note that’s a dramatization and may or may not have happened. Get ready for a ton of that in that Jonah hill Jerry movie. I expect nonsense like Jerry shooting up in a locked bathroom stall and 2 cops are peeing outside and Jerry drops his dope and the cops are like us someone in there and it’s a stressful moment or all the invented conversations it takes to make a docudrama. To make it current and relevant as the Grateful Dead is in the mothballs of history while Deadco is fresh and fashion forward, Bobby should be telling Jerry “come on dude. People want this music slow. No one wants that fast style. We need to partner with Izod to have a Grateful Dead line of pastel polos and offer a $5k cashmere SYF blanket that will be a hit with our core fans”. 

• Forum MVP
7 hours ago, BillK522 said:

Dave's Picks 43 announced.

69/11/02 San Francisco

69/12/26 Dallas

Greg from Chestertown should be thrilled

with the selection, The Master's Bouquet 

officially released.

Praise DSO.

giddy up early dead!!!!!!

• Like (+1) 3

On 7/11/2022 at 7:52 PM, Rude said:

Get ready for a ton of that in that Jonah hill Jerry movie. I expect nonsense like Jerry shooting up in a locked bathroom stall and 2 cops are peeing outside and Jerry drops his dope and the cops are like us someone in there and it’s a stressful moment or all the invented conversations it takes to make a docudrama. To make it current and relevant as the Grateful Dead is in the mothballs of history while Deadco is fresh and fashion forward, Bobby should be telling Jerry “come on dude. People want this music slow. No one wants that fast style. We need to partner with Izod to have a Grateful Dead line of pastel polos and offer a $5k cashmere SYF blanket that will be a hit with our core fans”. 

damn Rude how sad but true this is. Grateful Dead in the mothballs of history, Well not for us around here and plenty more others but that whole shit you said hurt to read. I have people that know that I’ve been into  the dead for years all of a sudden asking me stupid questions About dead and co and now they assume I’m a John Mayer fan hahaha which makes me laugh. It is what it is man, at least the music is still going, like I’ve said before its not the dead as far as how we like to hear but it is still bobby Billy and Mickey up there. Mostly nostalgic 

It has it moments of great music and moments of slowness, I don’t wanna call it bad. It’s badly paced. I said in a last post I probably won’t go this weekend to citi field but it’s my bday, it’s 30 mins away, the suns gonna be out and why the fuck not…I’m gonna end up going to at least one if not both nights. 

• Like (+1) 4

• 5 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

Has DSO become coastal elitists? Rumor has it they will never play flyover country again…….ever. They have become extremists. From “fuh getabout it” to “hey man. You’re destroying the planet. your car uses gas” or from “why did fuck did you say hi to me” to “gnarly shirt brah” or from The home of Trump to the home of Manson. The hard working “real Americans” ain’t getting no shows. Time to rectify that. Cheers. Hell even the people that say cheers governor are getting a show in September. Even the third reich and Mussolini’s home towns are getting shows.  It’s time for Dino and Rob K to fight the coastal elitists (barraco) and bring back shows that are more than 100 miles from the ocean!!! 

4 hours ago, Rude said:

Has DSO become coastal elitists? Rumor has it they will never play flyover country again…….ever. They have become extremists. From “fuh getabout it” to “hey man. You’re destroying the planet. your car uses gas” or from “why did fuck did you say hi to me” to “gnarly shirt brah” or from The home of Trump to the home of Manson. The hard working “real Americans” ain’t getting no shows. Time to rectify that. Cheers. Hell even the people that say cheers governor are getting a show in September. Even the third reich and Mussolini’s home towns are getting shows.  It’s time for Dino and Rob K to fight the coastal elitists (barraco) and bring back shows that are more than 100 miles from the ocean!!! 

Stop complaining Rude and hop on a plane ✈

• LMAO 1

• 2 months later...
  • Forum MVP

Just got home and decided to put on Hyryders Saturday stream on FB. 2nd song was hey pocky way. I told meili that this was the 1st song I ever saw DSO play and I didn’t really know it. Then I realized how many dead songs that dso exposed me too. So many 1-5x played songs that are almost impossible to know unless you listen to every dead show multiple times. But dso gives us that deep dive. Now there are a few deep dives like keep on growing that I don’t mind sinking to the bottom, only b/c I think I caught like 8 of the 1st 10 ever played, but so many songs were learned through dso. Hyryder also goes crazy deep and teaches people lots of dead. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • LMAO 1

On 11/6/2022 at 5:00 PM, Rude said:

Just got home and decided to put on Hyryders Saturday stream on FB. 2nd song was hey pocky way. I told meili that this was the 1st song I ever saw DSO play and I didn’t really know it. Then I realized how many dead songs that dso exposed me too. So many 1-5x played songs that are almost impossible to know unless you listen to every dead show multiple times. But dso gives us that deep dive. Now there are a few deep dives like keep on growing that I don’t mind sinking to the bottom, only b/c I think I caught like 8 of the 1st 10 ever played, but so many songs were learned through dso. Hyryder also goes crazy deep and teaches people lots of dead. 

I’ve reversed my opinion on Keep on Growing, enjoy it now, but I like the way you put it😄

• 3 months later...
  • Forum MVP

Curious how fast DSO played the opening Touch when they recreated the 6-15-1985 dead show in 2014 and 2002. That song is so ridiculously fast tempo. If you aren’t familiar with it check it out. It’s so fast, it’s really not played well and would be hard to play well. You can’t really do anything with it at that tempo. You are trying to just not fall off the bus.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Forum MVP

Deadco tonight at cornel. 46 anniversary of 5/8/77. There’s a $15 livestream that may be better than the original show!! Check their FB b/c I’m sure lots may go there with the comments. Unfortunately I won’t be getting the stream. Hard pass. 

• Forum MVP

I was at that and you can see me killing a tall beer in my red Ohio State jacket going in with a hidden bottle of tequila, a D6 and mics. They were promising a set by the band. I taped a lot of the shinagans through out the 3 hr filming. Saving batteries and tape for the set to follow. Alas we got no midnight set. Thought for sure we were getting something special. It was Monterrey and Jerry was back. Next time you're over we can watch it

D/C Barton Hall 5/8/23

Set II

China

Rider

Help

Slip

Franklins

D/S

Scarlet

Fire

Morning Dew

Terrapin 

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

Gotta say D & C crushed it last night.  Very enjoyable and they were feelin it!  If they play like that for the 'Last Tour' then folks are going to be in for a real treat.

Note to self:  YouTube live comments are the literal dregs of the internet - as if I didn't already know that  

Literally hundreds and hundreds of comments bout Joe Rogan being dead and then weaving Joe Rogan puns into setlist songs - so bleeping weird.  There were many on there who either forgot to take their meds or took too much of their meds.  It was a total looney-bin but the music was surprisingly excellent!

• Forum MVP
10 minutes ago, Tom Banjo said:

Tea, you exposing your rookie ear. Leave the evaluations of the music played to those that know the music. I didn't listen.

Newbs gonna newb - that's just how it goes.  Thank you for enduring my considerable ignorance.  Did you know that John Mayer had a successful solo career before gracing D + C?  He was also one of the original Swifties 😮

the-more.gif

• LMAO 1