Random thoughts and randomness in general

Rude

• Forum MVP
8 hours ago, Vic81 said:

Has DSO played this?

No. Just give it a listen and you'll know why. Hell Jerry couldn't even do it anymore past his 20s. Played maybe a dozen or so times. 2-25-66 is the best recording of it I've found.

Hope you're doing good and staying well my brother!!

• Like (+1) 1

Yea Man I’m  good man same ol Shit, same to you and the fam! I guess Just adjusting to this weird life we got now. 
Hey little one is a favorite, so good and when you just mentioned it to Rude I was curious if dso ever played it but as you mentioned now I see why. Gut wrenching 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

I believe that it is the result of the Grateful Dead and their fans taping their shows. It makes the music available, able to transcend time, stay alive. Their unique  playing style also helps, as you must try to listen to every tape. If you get into it, you must be a student of the music. Hence, I wide array of Deadheads, some of which weren’t even born until after Jerry died. I don’t see Elvis pulling that off.,

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

2 friends plus the gfs sister caught Covid and it sounds like hell. Even the 24yr old sister was sick for a week and still has issues smelling 15 days later. One was a denier and said it’s worst sickness of her 42yr life. She didn’t deny the virus just the severity of it. That’s what happens when the president acts like it’s nothing and how he feels 20 years younger. Thank god that turd will lose his bully pulpit in a few months but he will still be quoted on the news every fucking day. He made news stations money and the number 1 goal of every business is to make a profit. Some news sources exploit our deep dark fears more than others to make money. Then you have the full blown profiteers that would switch sides in 2 secs if they could make more money. We all have to make sacrifices in life to feed our families. I printed t-shirts for a client in the mid 2000’s that were for the Florida state vs Colorado games and these shirts were pro Florida state. Yes it was gross but we have mortgages to pay. Yes these shirts may have incited violence but prob just a drunk punch in the face during or after the game. Do I have a point? Idk. Maybe theres a nugget in there to contemplate or maybe not. Likely just a whiskey ramble. Cheers and peace. 

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP
1 hour ago, Rude said:

2 friends plus the gfs sister caught Covid and it sounds like hell. Even the 24yr old sister was sick for a week and still has issues smelling 15 days later. One was a denier and said it’s worst sickness of her 42yr life.

My daughter, shortly after going back to UC Berkeley this Fall (for 100% remote instruction), got COVID. Fortunately we told her that she wasn't coming home for weekends, as college campuses were fueling the hot spots in September. So we weren't exposed.

She had very mild symptoms for just a couple days, except she lost her sense of taste/smell.  She only started to get it back about 3 weeks later.  What kind of illness barely touches you with any ill effects but takes out your olfactory completely for weeks? When you think about whatever neurological factors may be at play there, it should be fuel concern about what this virus is potentially doing to people.  Much of which is still unknown.

• Forum MVP
6 hours ago, John A said:

My daughter, shortly after going back to UC Berkeley this Fall (for 100% remote instruction), got COVID. Fortunately we told her that she wasn't coming home for weekends, as college campuses were fueling the hot spots in September. So we weren't exposed.

She had very mild symptoms for just a couple days, except she lost her sense of taste/smell.  She only started to get it back about 3 weeks later.  What kind of illness barely touches you with any ill effects but takes out your olfactory completely for weeks? When you think about whatever neurological factors may be at play there, it should be fuel concern about what this virus is potentially doing to people.  Much of which is still unknown.

The numbers which are already spiking, are about to explode when college kids go home for the holidays. IU is basically telling them when they leave campus not to come back until mid January because they don’t want them bringing shit back to school. But they are closing campus basically ensuring that 50000 kids will be going somewhere even if not home to be around their elderly family members. Indiana as a state trying to shatter stupidity records. 

I picked it up last week either in Nashville or at DSO show.  My sons fiancé in health care is getting vaccinated next month.

i should have been more careful.

i too lost sense of smell ... today is 10th day of quarantine and i get to go out again finally 

i guess the virus is pretty contagious 

my nostrils towards the back have this strange dry burning sensation not painful, just weird maybe when its gone my sense of smell will returm 

praise DSO 

• Forum MVP

I got it. I either caught it while voting and brought it to the show or caught it at the show and brought it home to myself. Depends on if you call first symptoms the first time I started coughing or when symptoms got impossible to ignore. I started coughing the day after the show, fever by Thursday. Tested positive on Friday after Halloween. I’m going for another test tomorrow, hopefully negative. Back to work outside, away from customers on Monday. Did contact tracing, my customers are testing negative. Hugh, you’re the only unlucky one I was around. So far.

• Forum MVP

My mother had it but has now tested negative. She's in her eighties and lives in a care facility with alzheimers. I'm very relieved. Things are really spiking now. I really hope that things don't need to get shut down, that would be a disaster for the economy and put a lot of people in a very difficult spot.

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP
2 hours ago, Greg from Chestertown said:

I got it. I either caught it while voting and brought it to the show or caught it at the show and brought it home to myself. Depends on if you call first symptoms the first time I started coughing or when symptoms got impossible to ignore. I started coughing the day after the show, fever by Thursday. Tested positive on Friday after Halloween. I’m going for another test tomorrow, hopefully negative. Back to work outside, away from customers on Monday. Did contact tracing, my customers are testing negative. Hugh, you’re the only unlucky one I was around. So far.

glad you had “mild” symptoms. That means no hospital by CDC definition.......

• Thanks (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

Every cold I have ever had was worse than this. I was down for about 24 hours. Chills. No loss of smell. Eyes burned a little. I’m counting my good fortune. The best of both worlds. Now I will be immune. No more anxiety. I stayed busy around the house while in lockdown. . A customer (who already had COVID) gave me two 15 foot tall Emerald green Arbor Vitae. I planted them by myself(with a little creativity) while I was ‘sick’. I have had good fortune with COVID.