Random thoughts and randomness in general

Rude

• Forum MVP

I've been reduced to dancing to live streams and archived shows in my garage at night.  It's actually been really fun save for the loss of communal energy and the whole fellowship thing.  Oh - there's also never a line at the bar and I can have the band stop if I need to take a leak or catch my breath.

What a joke - I need live music soon.  I'm ready to take any/all precautions necessary - just hand me that waiver......

• Like (+1) 5

• Forum MVP
On 6/19/2020 at 11:10 PM, Mango said:

I held on strong for black mountain...i was wrong. I do hope to be at THE NEXT  dso show, where/whenever that is. 

I heard they all got new jobs. I think I read Eaton is now an aerobics instructor. Barraco opened up a gun shop. Mattson works at a high end Manhattan hair salon. Dino and Rob k are trying to become Instagram influencers. Skip is a ski instructor and Lisa opened a jiu Jitsu complex. 

dso is no longer....... was nice to meet many of you guys. Barraco is taking over the forum and it’s now going to be gun talk. Ar-15 or ak-47. Which do you prefer in a high altitude midrange combat situation. Red dot or magnifier scope—finding your best all purpose optics system. 

• Like (+1) 2

• Forum MVP

Until the philosophy 
Which hold one race superior and another
Inferior
Is finally
And permanently
Discredited
And abandoned
Everywhere is war
Me say war

That until there no longer
First class and second class citizens of any nation
Until the color of a man's skin
Is of no more significance than the color of his eyes
Me say war

That until the basic human rights
Are equally guaranteed to all
Without regard to race
Dis a war

That until that day
The dream of lasting peace,
World citizenship
Rule of international morality
Will remain in but a fleeting illusion to be pursued,
But never attained
Now everywhere is war
War

• Sad (neutral) 1

• Forum MVP

Friday night I held the first basement 

dance party at my house with a 

friend, appropriate medicines and 

frozen adult beverages.  Plenty of 

Julie Andrews space during the show

and no drive home afterwards.

Great fun.

First set:  81/05/16  Barton Hall,  Ithaca, NY.

2nd set pre drums:  85/06/24  Riverbend Music Center,  Cincy, OH

2nd set post drums:  83/10/21  Centrum,  Worcester, MA

Praise DSO.

• Like (+1) 3

So random thoughts and randomness in general, nothing to do with what came before but ****the space after Jerry sings "ewwwh weee" and before he sings "this feelings killing me" .......pure pure godlyness.  The notes between lyrics in don't let go are just juicy heavenly bliss.  Random but true.  

• Like (+1) 5

• 3 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

So, I am watching public television last night, the series about the National parks. They’re talking about Yellowstone and the background music breaks into the studio version of Sugar Magnolia. I think Ken Burns just told on himself. He must have seen Some shows. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

Thoughts 

7/8/95 is easily best visions of Johanna and if you disagree Let’s go toe to toe

i could grab a fifth of macallums 15 and sit with the salt of the earth gang and listen to Keller play solo dead. We would def need a 2nd fifth for set 2. 

I hope all of my friends retain at least a minimal amount of mental health with all the craziness out there. We will get by. 

I cried 2x tonight listening to Jerry bands 4-23-95 show(last Jgb) then listening to my last and the 1st show I began to understand the music 7/8/95. A bottle of whiskey makes jerry seem like he’s playing faster and better...the Althea was the 2nd time I cried. 32 days later jerry died and in retrospect you could tell it during that song. But then you get that visions which I respectfully say fuck you if you don’t feel the love jerry poured out in it. 

I also cried a 3rd time thinking about having a child and my mortality. That’s likely the whiskey talking. Wayyyyy too much time on my hands. Biz on hiatus a year. Boy conceived week 1 of lockdown. Eating Mexican lunch with margaritas every day around 3pm. Structure has left the building. Don’t worry. I’ll get it soon enough. 

zzzzzzz

• Like (+1) 4

7 minutes ago, Rude said:

Thoughts 

7/8/95 is easily best visions of Johanna and if you disagree Lcried a 3rd time thinking about having a child and my mortality. That’s likely the whiskey talking. Wayy

zzzzzzz

Rude...... Without seeing or talking to you in person I can tell you weren't just "there". You were there.  Much respect bro.  Respect to you. 

• Forum MVP

So I think maybe I’d take my time machine to 85 for dead tour. 

In 85 they really start to experiment with echo and other effects, im assuming from advances in tech of some sort. There’s definitely a much more intentional psychsdelic effect in 85 than in 84. Voice echo becomes almost like a novelty effect. Summer 85 is the echo tour but you get it in spring too. 

The tour schedule isn’t anything special really in 85. The Houston>Austin>ok city>KC>redrocks x3>Oakland x3 is really the only intriguing travel part of the tour. Don’t get pulled over with your photoshopped ID or make sure to have your Reagan 84 magnetic bumper sticker on before you did that early part or hell any of it. California was a 3 strike state. Sorta crazy to think of nowadays. 

I don’t know what it is about 85 I’m drawn to. Maybe it’s how spatial the sound was taken. The shows are such face melters. The whole band was super hot and now they had the electronics to let them explore. Maybe the soundboards are just better than 81-84. There’s def a depression in board quality available to us from that era. I used to be in this 75-79 kick. Now I’m in an 82-92 kick. It just seems like better to my ears. I’ve been listening to lots of 91. What sorta sucks is I think that spring 90 is one of their weaker tours. The boards sound pretty good. I don’t really like how the levels are set but whatever. Fall 89 was really dark but hot. But I’ve grown weary of fall 89. If I’m angry that’s good shit to listen to. Ramble ramble ramble. Space is over. Back to 3/31/85 Portland Maine. Did 3/28/85 Nassau previous. John A I don’t have a flac sbd for 3/29. Fuel your gulfstream and file your flight plan and be ready to upgrade thanks. 

• Forum MVP

Can dead bands still play the night they drove old Dixie down? 

can the stones play some girls?  Doubt that will ever be played live again. Id prob be shocked if it was in today’s climate and it prob shouldn’t. It’s a great song but racist as fuck. If you took out a few lyrics it’s good to go but these are pretty bad if you don’t know it. 

White girls they're pretty funny
Sometimes they drive me mad
Black girls just wanna get fucked all night
I just don't have that much jam
Chinese girls are so gentle
They're really such a tease
You never know quite what they're cookin'
Inside those silky sleeves