A band I saw last night

Rude

• Forum MVP

Got to catch Saturday of Hyryders lazy summer home fest. Was such a cute campground and a really nice setup. Also got to hang with a long lost doctor and my favorite newly married Irishman who I was surprised to see. They did 3 1:15 sets then a 1:30 final set. 5:15 of actual music left my calves screaming but I forged through full speed. It’s a different feel than a jubilee as it’s mostly locals and has a local feel vs jubilee with people from all over. It’s a bit more party party of a scene too with every other camp selling nitrous. Tanks 30 feet from the stage lol. There were more messed up peeps than you usually see likely b/c those peeps don’t hit the road for travel and stay close to home for various reasons. Definitely more of a blue collar feel. But Indy peeps have a solid local band with around 40 shows a year so they are very fortunate and they show their love for their band and their followers are committed. Post show having some drinks and someone with a big PA puts on a Deadco show and in my relaxed bliss with a glass of whiskey, I hear John mayer singing in my ear. Luckily several others agreed and we got them to switch to real dead. I’m like Jerry band, dead, Hyryder, dso, JRAD are all acceptable choices. Deadco isn’t lol. 

• Like (+1) 3

• Forum MVP
5 hours ago, Rude said:

Got to catch Saturday of Hyryders lazy summer home fest. 

Festival season has made it tougher to stream their stuff given shitty WiFi or weird start times.  These didn't get streamed live either but they uploaded Fridays sets to archive and from what I heard, they were clearly feelin IT.  Also interesting to note that they played a total of 7 sets over 2 days and never played Scarlet > Fire or China > Rider.  They're going pretty deep into the catalogue

• Like (+1) 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

Born Cross Eyed 9/9/23 Louisville KY

1/2 Step

Box

Dire Wolf

BIODTL

Ship of Fools

Mexicali

Queen Jane

Doin That Rag

Cumberland

Promised Land

Let it Grow

Stranger 

Franklins

PITB

China Doll

Truckin

Hes Gone

Other One

Wharf Rat

Other One

Sugar Mag

Baby Blue

Hes gone till end after 1100 Curfew

Doin Rat Rag was spectacular.

Dino,English on one of the drum kits

Date
2023-09-09
Venue
The Whirling Tiger, Louisville, KY
Set One
Mississippi Half-Step, Box Of Rain, Dire Wolf, BIODTL, Ship Of Fools, Mexacali, Queen Jane, Doin? That Rag, Cumberland Blues, Promised Land, Let It Grow
Set Two
Feel Like A Stranger, Franklin?s Tower, Playing In The Band, China Doll, Truckin?, He?s Gone, The Other One> Wharf Rat> The Other One, Sugar Magnolia, Baby Blue
Notes
*Dino English subbed for MarkBaby Blue

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

We did the outlaw tour with Bobby Willie and String Cheese up at Pine knob. Was good. Bobby am sat in and played williem’s whole set, 

then on the way home we did Farm Aid at Deercreek. Baked in the sun on the lawn from noon til midnight. Figured I may not get another chance to check Neil off the boys list.  Then after Neil and before Willie a band came out and started playing in the dark, the lights flipped on right as Dylan ripped into Maggie’s Farm (heard it was first time played In Nearly a decade but didn’t fact check)

he was an unannounced surprise and luke had never seen him either and was flipping out. We had an unbelievable time. Body and lungs are telling me about it today. 🤣

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

• 1 month later...
  • Forum MVP

23/10/28  State Fare,  Catonsville, MD

Shakedown Street, Foolish Heart, Sugaree,

Dire Wolf, Little Red Rooster, Box of Rain, 

MAMU>Big River, US Blues, Werewolves of London.

One More Saturday Nite, Ship of Fools, Scarlet

Begonias>Fire on the Mountain, Standing on the

Moon, Cassidy, Dear Prudence, Ramble on Rose,

Morning Dew, Brown-Eyed Women.

Halloween Costume Party backdrops a lovely

outdoor evening of music.

Shakedown top notch opener, Big River, Werewolves

first set highlights.  OMSN fun opener, Scarlet>Fire

anchored the second. Prudence well done.

Good to see old friends on both sides of the rail.

Support Local Dead.

Praise DSO.

• Like (+1) 2

• Forum MVP

Luke and I did U2 at the sphere in Vegas. It (the sphere) was unbelievable. U2 was fine. Concert would have been probably best I've ever seen had I been a bigger U2 fan. Lol. It’s intimidating as you approach it and to me it felt like I was being loaded into a spaceship which I wasn’t all the way cool with. 🤣 

Mom hit $27k day 1

and $12k day 2

I have never seen no shit like this in my life. She is winning all over the place. 😆😆 Vegas baby. Lol

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

• Forum MVP
6 hours ago, Tom Banjo said:

Tell her to stop playing. She can only lose from here. Shows. Dinners. Enjoy Vegas. Go home with 35k extra.

Yeah we are taking her to the sphere tomorrow before we leave. And her and Luke are going to see the Australian beegees tonight 🤣

• Forum MVP
15 hours ago, Dead duck said:

Yeah we are taking her to the sphere tomorrow before we leave. And her and Luke are going to see the Australian beegees tonight 🤣

when you win like that yoU need to drop at least 5k at the strip club. 

• Forum MVP
On 10/30/2023 at 10:05 AM, Tom Banjo said:

Rude do you go to the strip club with your mom?

My mom would toss me 10k and I’d blow 2k with Mei at the strip club. The 3rd Saturday we were together hit a bar then strip club. She loves them 

• LMAO 1

• Forum MVP
15 hours ago, Dead duck said:

Del mccoury at brown county. Still sounds awesome. Love that little venue and the people who work it. 

you’ve been on a bender lately. Good for you. There was this fake schedule of all these dead bands playing the sphere in 2024 over a few weeks that would make me a Vegas resident for a while. 

• LMAO 1

• Forum MVP

Zach Nugent’s Dead Set

Had a fun Friday night with these guys. Didn’t realize Sunshine Becker (Furthur backup vocalist) was gonna be singing with them. A solid, young shredding band well worth catching when in the area. The dude on keys/organ is someone to keep an eye on in the coming years…

Good stuff!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

• Forum MVP
On 11/12/2023 at 9:18 AM, Island Bro said:

Zach Nugent’s Dead Set

Had a fun Friday night with these guys. Didn’t realize Sunshine Becker (Furthur backup vocalist) was gonna be singing with them. A solid, young shredding band well worth catching when in the area. The dude on keys/organ is someone to keep an eye on in the coming years…

Good stuff!

These guys in PHX coming this Saturday.  I’m hydrating in preparation as I type this…

• Like (+1) 2

• Forum MVP

Cool,,see what you think,,should be a good night.

I caught them Friday night and then Terrapin Flyer on Sunday night so it was an interesting weekend of two different GD bands. I had seen Terrapin Flyer once before and Melvin played with them,,but overall I enjoyed them more this time around. First set was JGB and second set all GD…kinda think overall I’d lean a bit more toward Terrapin Flyer over Zach Nugent as the jams felt a bit more sophisticated if that’s the right word…

But they are both bands I’d enjoy seeing again when it lines up.

However I’d say that other than DSO I’m most interested in catching some more live shows with Grateful Shred and Hyryder…keeping both of those bands on the radar for sure…

• Like (+1) 2

• Forum MVP
2 hours ago, Island Bro said:

However I’d say that other than DSO I’m most interested in catching some more live shows with Grateful Shred and Hyryder…keeping both of those bands on the radar for sure…

Hyryder you say ?  Love those guys.  They ain’t no DSO but they got that spark and some more and more occasional x-Factor.  

• Forum MVP
6 hours ago, Tom Banjo said:

Ya the fact still remains non of the other bands got what DSO got and really it's not even close.

It's not very close and I don't intend to shill for another band on a DSO fan forum. 

What I would like would be for someone to stream more DSO shows.  It seems like Capitol Theatre and maybe a couple others are the only stops where we get any streaming opportunity.  Yeah, Yeah - "why don't you go to a show, man!"  Fair.  I was never a prolific show-goer but it has slowed to barely a drip over the last few years.  I got my reasons - I didn't say they were good reasons.  I'm a delicate flower after all.  Just ask the salt of the earth gang.

Easier said than done I'm sure - the band crew has many other things to tackle to make it work.  Get it.  I just selfishly want them to be more available to me - and would be willing to pay a subscription fee.  I wouldn't even need Nugs quality sound/production but I suspect that DSO wants their pristine sound to be presented pristinely.  Anyway....I get that too.

I love what I love and....you know the rest ❤