A band I saw last night

Rude

• Forum MVP
8 hours ago, Rude said:

March 1, 2024 hyryder mousetrap. Sleuth what this is. I was like set 1 played 67 style. What is this. Someone hat to tell me. 

Golden road 
BIODTL
Cold rain 

Siting on top of the world 

Cream puff 
Dew
Minglewood
Viola 

Cryptical Suite 
New potato caboose
Born cross eyed 
Alligator 
Caution 
Dark stat 
Stephen
William tell 
Eleven 
Love might 
Death don’t 
We bid you goodnight 

Easy wind 

This is elective if that’s what you mean, RD.

• Forum MVP
1 hour ago, DesertDead said:

This is elective if that’s what you mean, RD.

it’s the albums 

Grateful Dead 

anthem of the sun

live dead. 

id have never guessed not knowing the album order 

• Like (+1) 3

• Forum MVP

You can add Good Morning Little School Girl to first set as they played the entire “self titled” first album.

The reaction to Tea coming to his first Hyryder was surreal.

He must have requested “60’s”…and got it.

• Like (+1) 3

• Forum MVP
17 hours ago, 2muchfun said:

You can add Good Morning Little School Girl to first set as they played the entire “self titled” first album.

The reaction to Tea coming to his first Hyryder was surreal.

He must have requested “60’s”…and got it.

Good to see you!  Really fun weekend with some great friends - old and new!  Night #2 list:

Hyryder @ Mousetrap 3/2/24 Indianapolis, IN Night 2 

Set 1 
 Jack Straw, Franklin’s Tower, Brown- Eyed Women, Walkin’ Blues> Cassidy> Bird Song> Cassidy, Samba in the Rain, Peggy-O, Cumberland Blues, Looks Like Rain> The Music Never Stopped 

Set 2 
Dancing in the Street> China Cat Sunflower> Crazy Fingers> I Know You Rider> Roadrunner> Saint of Circumstance, Promontory Rider, Let It Grow> Drums/Space> Hard to Handle 
E. Visions of Johanna> Chinatown Shuffle

Blew that place out - both nights!  They were gracious enough to play some of my ‘suggestions’ 😀.  Humbled by the rock star (fanboy) treatment from the Hyryder community 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

Thanks for posting the setlist. There was a time in Crazyfingers that I forgot what started the jam, they were that far out there. Then landed us back on the ground with I Know You Ryder, Roadrunner and Promontory speaking appropriately to those that travel for music. Visions was an unexpected marathon encore. Everyone at the Mousetrap shows are super fun, so glad you made it.  🔥🎶

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

https://www.facebook.com/video.php/?video_id=1151262165863481

ser 1

here’s a link to night 1. High quality board. 1:02:00 is the viola. All songs were 67-68 on album but this was played super funky after the lyrics definitely not the style of 67. Lots played also in what I call the surfer style like cold rain which the drummer prob played more beats than ever on that one 

Set 1

The Golden Road, Beat It on down the Line, Good Morning Little Schoolgirl, Cold Rain and Snow, Sitting on Top of the World, Cream Puff War, Morning Dew, Minglewood Blues, Viola Lee Blues

Set 2 

Cryptical Envelopment> The Other One> Cryptical Envelopment> New Potato Caboose> Born Cross-Eyed> Alligator> Caution> Dark Star> St.Stephen> William Tell Bridge> The Eleven> Turn On Your Lovelight, Death Don't Have No Mercy, We Bid You Goodnight

E. Easy Wind

10 hours ago, Tea said:

Good to see you!  Really fun weekend with some great friends - old and new!  Night #2 list:

Hyryder @ Mousetrap 3/2/24 Indianapolis, IN Night 2 

Set 1 
 Jack Straw, Franklin’s Tower, Brown- Eyed Women, Walkin’ Blues> Cassidy> Bird Song> Cassidy, Samba in the Rain, Peggy-O, Cumberland Blues, Looks Like Rain> The Music Never Stopped 

Set 2 
Dancing in the Street> China Cat Sunflower> Crazy Fingers> I Know You Rider> Roadrunner> Saint of Circumstance, Promontory Rider, Let It Grow> Drums/Space> Hard to Handle 
E. Visions of Johanna> Chinatown Shuffle

Blew that place out - both nights!  They were gracious enough to play some of my ‘suggestions’ 😀.  Humbled by the rock star (fanboy) treatment from the Hyryder community 

ed also requested Samba in the rain for night 2 and if it was played like this, people wouldn’t be like oh no. Muck of set 1 was Ed’s idea. Plus Charlie’s voice helps make this samba way better. Peeps were getting down. Here’s the link to hear a really good samba https://www.facebook.com/video.php/?video_id=414383627637499

oh and listen to the promontory rider at 3:07:30 in the 2nd night link right above. That thing built big and Charlie’s voice is strong. There are several good dead bands without any decent vocalist but he’s got some great chops. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

Looks like a great weekend, really wish I could have made it. For any interested, it appears they are playing 2 nights at the Ledges in July for Gratefulfest. Seriously thinking about hitting that.

• Like (+1) 2

• Forum MVP

I saw Daniel Donato and cosmic country with Greensky bluegrass last night. Really enjoyed the show. Like seeing genres of music that don’t normally incorporate the extended jams, starting to stretch things out. They are both on the jubilee bill too so I’ll be seeing him again

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

I'm a big Daniel Donato fan!  He was playing small rooms in NC a few years back and it was clear to me that this kid was destined for bigger and better destinations.  If you've never seen him, I wouldn't miss his set at Jubilee!  Cosmic Country is a very apt euphemism for his style but with a whole lotta soul, and a heavy dose of improvisation! 

• Like (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

March 7th at the Sigal Music Museum in Greenville, SC, I enjoyed  an incredibly beautiful concert featuring the Handpan. The collection of musicians from US and one from Japan  named Resound Handpan House played their original compositions, individually composed and those composed together since late February . 

What a gem in Greenville is this Sigal Music Museum. ! The extensive instrument collection contains ones played by Mozart, a gift from King George 3 to Queen Victoria, and played by Chopin. A harpsichord in the collection was made for General Lafayette for his return to US. 

here is a link to a past show for the band if you are interested in checking out the individual players. 

Adam Maalouf had a frame drum that he tuned with a bicycle pump. It had a built in inter tube?! Brilliant 

https://stagehoundtix.com/events/resound-handpan-house

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

Caught Garcia Project twice last week…had a blast steeped in some gorgeous jgb…they did a 76 and then an 83,,both super well done…definitely ready for more of these guys. Had seen them once but felt like they’re going deeper now…great vibes.

if you’re craving some squeaky clean jgb, go check them out when they come around 😉

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

• Forum MVP
19 hours ago, Island Bro said:

Caught Garcia Project twice last week…had a blast steeped in some gorgeous jgb…they did a 76 and then an 83,,both super well done…definitely ready for more of these guys. Had seen them once but felt like they’re going deeper now…great vibes.

if you’re craving some squeaky clean jgb, go check them out when they come around 😉

do they ever do any 73 shows. Love that Jerry jazz. 

• Forum MVP

They say they do 76-95 which I guess if you get technical, JGB specifically kicked off late 75 after the Legion of Mary arrangement and other side projects prior to that…

I guess I saw Jerry’s Middle Finger 2 hrs ago at Skull and Roses but now I’d like to compare these two bands to hone in on best opportunity for solid JGB available. Of course JGB with Melvin and JK does the trick…

• Forum MVP
1 hour ago, Island Bro said:

They say they do 76-95 which I guess if you get technical, JGB specifically kicked off late 75 after the Legion of Mary arrangement and other side projects prior to that…

I guess I saw Jerry’s Middle Finger 2 hrs ago at Skull and Roses but now I’d like to compare these two bands to hone in on best opportunity for solid JGB available. Of course JGB with Melvin and JK does the trick…

it would be tough to do Merle and Jerry stuff as it was sooo much material. Would love to hear Dso do my funny valentine 

• Like (+1) 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

Phish at the Sphere! Webcast

wont let me post pics. I think I’d need a seatbelt.  Allmans-Betts vibes/nod/style in the opener Everything’s Right

• Forum MVP

so far…

Set 1: (Start: 8:03 , End:) Everything's Right (14), Back on the Train (8) Wolfman's Brother (17), Maze (9) Leaves (9), Life Saving Gun (17), Dirt (5), Carini (11)

Visually stunning ️ Don’t know most of these but set 1 was something else

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

Set 2: Sand (20), Tweezer (26) -> My Friend, My Friend*(9) > Mike's Song (9) > Lifeboy (10), Weekapaug Groove (7) > Blaze On (10) > Fluffhead (15)

Encore: Farmhouse (8), Run Like an Antelope (10)
Notes:
*Unfinished

Visuals were great but the U2 video production was clearly better.  Not a knock from me - Phish just didn’t go nuts with theirs.  Sound and performance were both excellent .

CDN media

CDN media

CDN media

• Thanks (+1) 1

• Forum MVP
7 hours ago, Tom Banjo said:

U2 needs all the visuals they can get. They suck. 

many of their songs relate to their Irish heritage so they mean as much to you as the dead means to people that give 2 shits about the American west. And U2 doesn’t suck. You may not like them but don’t see a world in which they “suck”. 

• Forum MVP

BCE 420 Lexington: #1

Shakedown Street, Used to Love Her, The Race is On, Run for the Roses, LR Rooster, BE Women, Wang Dang Doodle, TLEO, Blow Away>Don't Ease. #2:

Scarlet>Fire (with Dino English sitting in for one of the drummers), Easy Wind, Waiting for A Miracle, TWLWMYD, Truckin, Black Peter, I Need a Miracle, OMSN. Encore: Sugar Magnolia (no SSDD)

The Shakedown opener was reminiscent of the Long Beach '81 with the nice long ending accentuating the keyboard with the guitar interplay. Good seeing DSO friend at the end of the show 〽️

• Like (+1) 1