It is my opinion....

Taper Ron

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Masks work in both directions, thats why healthcare workers need to wear them, not to just prevent me from spreading it to you. They arn't 100% effective, and they work better if worn properly and relatively clean.  The slow roll out on mask use is because healthcare workers havn't even had enough of them.

There is a big difference in severity of illness between say, 100,000 virus particles you might pick up on your finger and touch your face, compared to breathing in millions of virus particles. A mask can help reduce the number that get into your lungs (n95 mask prevents about 95%, surgical mask 60-80%). Wear a mask for your own sake too!  Maybe get a mask with your ticket...

Temp checks could help keep a sick person out but an asymptomatic carrier would get right in...

• Forum MVP

Glad you brought that up, fotd

Since this virus is spread mainly by aerosols, a person infected, symptomatic or asymptomatic, is spreading the virus through talking, sneezing or coughing. Their BREATH is the vehicle of spread. Therefore, preventing dissemination in the air of viral loads is KEY. In this circumstance, the goal of a mask from a public health standpoint primarily is reducing virus particles floating in the air, not just inhalation of particles. Those floating in the air land on metal and plastic are virulent for 3 days. They can float for hours, too. 

“your mask protects me; my mask protects you” 

I’ve been wearing masks for 21 years that offer purportedly  99% protection against particles greater than 0.1 microns and recommended by  independent clinical research company.  I now also wear a shield as another physical barrier with a surgical bonnet in addition to my clothes and  shoes left at the office. Ocular transmission is a route too. My loupes have shields and I have HEPA filtrations systems  for every room. 

The cdc started with saying masks dont help, lol. Now we should use a mask made from an old t shirt or something. So hippocritical and another instance of being caught unprepared.

Ive practiced for over 20 yrs and never wore ppe, except gloves, until a month ago. Since then l use it 100% of the time.  Our corporation, l mean hospital, only just started requiring masks for all encounters. Until a few days ago we were to only use them for patients with cough and fever or for procedures that "produce aerosols", with no concern for asymptomatic spread. We are rural with about 8 covid in the county, so response has been slow and scary.

A negative pressure, hepa filtered music venue might be a good place to start...

• Forum MVP
3 hours ago, Greg from Chestertown said:

They’ll be listening to US Bluz asking, ‘what do they mean, shake the hand?’ 

you shook hands and were in crowds of 1000s?  Did you play Russian roulette while you were at it. 

• Forum MVP

If cruise ships can resume operations in August I think concerts should too.  If someone said the virus originated on a cruise ship most would be like that makes sense. They are a Petri dish. I’ll risk it like anyone who’d get on a cruise ship this summer. Waiting til summer 2021 seems insane. I’ll mask up and have a bottle of hand sanitizer that’s really filled with whiskey. Pro move. Take advantage of the situation to sneak booze in.  Maybe hold shows in Montana or Nebraska or wherever there’s few cases. I mean I’ll risk a 1 in 1000 shot. Sorry New York peeps. You are too much of a risk to let you in. Nothing personal. That’s besides Lisa rob and Jeff. They just need to mask up and stand behind the drummers. Maybe we have to do a jam cruise. I swore I’d never ever take a cruise as long as I lived though. 

• Forum MVP

Fayette county KY population 500k (Lexington) reported 1 new corona case today. 

Add this to the 2 week-1 Venue show site list. Plus Dino is already there so he’s immune.  Screw the 2 week quarantine as we will be at 1 site for 14 days and after that we could use 14 days at home. Day drinking ftw!!!

the states with the least teeth per capita (West Va and KY)are the least infected. Obviously this was designed to hit liberal states the hardest. 

• Forum MVP
18 hours ago, Greg from Chestertown said:

That’s the upside of masks. You can save a fortune on toothpaste. You talking summer teeth? Some are there and some aren’t? When they say toothbrush, they really mean it? 

In Kentucky we get to see the tooth fairy when we are kids and when we are in our 20’s and 30s too. There’s a rumor that a Kentuckian lost his 1st tooth at 60 but that’s hard to phathom. Maybe he lost his last tooth as some have been known to get stuck and not want to fall out. 

• Forum MVP
9 minutes ago, 2muchfun said:

In summary the toothbrush must have been invented in KY or WV else would have been called teethbrush.

correct. Once we get to 1 tooth we see the seriousness of the matter and took action. Why brush if you have a whole mouth full of teeth. Really who needs that many anyway. I assume god gave us 32 teeth so we could let many just fall out and still be able to chew. The Kentucky blender company is considered essential business so people can drink their food here. That’s one stock who’s price will never fall until they miraculously come up with a way for your teeth not to fall out when doing meth. Speaking of teeth I have to travel next month to our states only dentist located in Louisville. Hope the legislature doesn’t get its way and ban it like the abortion clinic. If god wanted us not to lose our teeth he’d make them permanent. It’s his will. Luckily I still have 50% of my teeth. I’m no senators son but I am fortunate. I still have an edge picking up chicks over the guys with less than 50% of theirs. 

I think I’m slowly going insane having nothing to do.....

• Forum MVP

Friend of mine, who is 72 and has a blood clotting issue (guessing that makes one high risk for COVID infection?) needed an emergency root canal last week. Good news is a good friend of his is a dentist. They convened that night in an otherwise dark office, just my buddy, buddy's wife, and dentist, and did the deed.  That's qualified as dodging a bullet, at least in these times.

• Forum MVP
17 hours ago, John A said:

Friend of mine, who is 72 and has a blood clotting issue (guessing that makes one high risk for COVID infection?) needed an emergency root canal last week. Good news is a good friend of his is a dentist. They convened that night in an otherwise dark office, just my buddy, buddy's wife, and dentist, and did the deed.  That's qualified as dodging a bullet, at least in these times.

reported. 

Can’t wait til jubilee 2030. Should be awesome. The day the music died. And we were singing bye bye miss American pie. Drove my Chevy to the venue but the venue was closed forever. As I sit at home drinking rye whiskey singing I pray that I don’t get the virus and die. Singing I pray I don’t get the virus and die. 

• Forum MVP

Here’s an auction that DSO should get in on. It’s for Yo Gotti’s Rolex watch plus tour bus. Current bid only 48k. 11 TVs. Sweet master suite. 2 luxury bathrooms. Time to upgrade guys!!!

https://www.fanatics.com/yo-gottis-pre-owned-platinum-rolex-presidential-watch-and-personal-coach-tour-bus/p-47324471304707+z-822-212583498

• Forum MVP

Let the New Orleans exodus begin. Mayor is not allowing any large events the rest of 2020. All the great restaurants that will close makes me sad. The town won’t ever be the same. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

I don’t believe an effective vaccine will be found for this. I think covid is the new reality and we will have to live life safer. I think the market is insanely overpriced with the amount of bankruptcies I expect next year. I predict another 30% drop within a year as people start to realize the economy will be receding for years to come. People are already becoming reinfected. Antibodies aren’t lasting in people’s systems. This is an economic reset. 500k will die a year from this and the healthcare system will need to be retooled. Most if not all airlines will file bankruptcy. Cities like Orlando will be decimated. I hope I’m wrong but this is going to be a lot worse than most have thought. 

Archived