It is my opinion....

Taper Ron

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

Trump is planning on “fading out” social distancing guidelines soon. That means concerts. Sweet!! 

Dso Colorado is a Go!!!! Book your $49 flights and get ready to boogie!

cant wait for these 40k people conventions to start back soon with everyone attending so I can make money again.  Yay!!!  Corona cases will be close to 0 any day now!!! Just drink your Lysol!!

You need to catch covid first. Then its 0.5-2% chance of death overall for that person (before you factor in age, co-morbidities, infectious dose, genetics...). And we're not testing enough so the numbers are suspect anyway.

Exposure (amt of time,  proximity to the shedder, dose) is important. Walking thru a cloud of covid at the grocer would be different than standing next to a shedder thats coughing in line. If a shedder is on the rail at a show and your in the balcony, maybe nothing. 

Risk of a "bomb event" when 100 folks contract covid at say, a funeral, and then go shed for a week before anyone realizes, is the big danger. Long way for sure.

• Forum MVP

“This is going to go away and whether it comes back in a modified form in the fall we’ll be able to handle it,” Trump said confidently. “We’ll be able to put out spurts.”

sweet. This is going away for good and even if it comes back he’s got it covered. Thank god we have a leader like trump. The stimulus he designed giving us personal checks was a kindness no other president would do. He’s saved us all. 2 weeks and this is gone forever. Once we get the uv lights set up it’s gone. At concerts it’s recommended a light show on the scale of Pink Floyd to kill the virus. God put trump in charge for a reason as he’s the greatest president ever and no one else knows science like he does to stop this. Praise trump. 

• Forum MVP

No one knows the real truth that we don’t have access to like the president so I trust him if he says this is almost over. We don’t get the intelligence reports he gets the bullet points to. God said let the businesses open where thee believeth in me and no harm will come to areas who don’t social distance. Trump was the anointed one based on the words of the country’s major religious leaders. God loves America the best and trump is his favorite American. God has been testing trump with dishonest reporters but now god will reward trump with high ratings and the end of corona. Praise trump. Praise trump. For god sent his other begotten son to lead the United States out of the arms of liberals and fake news. Trump is without sin and if ye followeth him ye shall enter the kingdom of heaven and have large stock gains. Trump 7:24

• Forum MVP
15 hours ago, Rude said:

No one knows the real truth that we don’t have access to like the president so I trust him if he says this is almost over. We don’t get the intelligence reports he gets the bullet points to. God said let the businesses open where thee believeth in me and no harm will come to areas who don’t social disnce. Trump was the anointed one based on the words of the country’s major religious leaders. God loves America the best and trump is his favorite American. God has been testing trump with dishonest reporters but now god will reward trump with high ratings and the end of corona. Praise trump. Praise trump. For god sent his other begotten son to lead the United States out of the arms of liberals and fake news. Trump is without sin and if ye followeth him ye shall enter the kingdom of heaven and have large stock gains. Trump 7:24

God says you want to worship sports figures and entertainers...

let me give you some time to think about it. 
I am certainly well enough informed and understand risk management.

What opens and when in this country should depend on one thing only...

We the People...not Trump not Cuomo not Fauchi not Acosta not Fox etc..

If my friend and his band Jeb played Next week at local bar Lamasco I would be there. Ditto Hyryder...Hyryder in Indy? Maybe in 30 days.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't see any shows happening in any constricted environment. Drive in type shows? Lol.

25% capacity restrictions? At least dead n co prices would make a little sence... How about plastic partitions separating people? Great sense of community lol.

Until shows resume under previous non restricted conditions I just don't see it happening. On some level I believe most of us go to shows not just to listen to the music but for the sense of community and being a part of something much larger than the individuals experience of the show. Years ago at jubilee I had a catharsis of my reason for being there. I think the second set maybe there was a morning dew cryptical drums other one death don't have no mercy etc not in that order... As I was dancing, we were dancing, I had visions of my past and a total peace with it, I sensed my future and how it would unfold as was meant to all along with joy, sorrow etc. and having 100% percent acceptance of it all. Then during a very tribal drums in the midst of communal dancing and joy I knew what humans must have felt before language existed. The spiritual feeling of being...

I believe we all experience different levels of similar personal cathartic moments through the communal groove. Seperation in any way will prohibit greatly the ability to feel our individual sense of being a part of humanity, a oneness with others in our community...

• Forum MVP

With that being said, I’m having a recurring thought recently. I’m wondering if I have already been to my last Dark  Star Orchestra show. Seriously, honestly, the band as the business that it is has to outlive the clusterfuck of a decision making process that the powers that be have made this mess.  They have a tough row to hoe. This is a worst case scenario. Even if the politicians let us get back to where we belong, the band and the fans have to weigh the life risking odds against the life sustaining hunger for tribal dance celebration. 
  Feels like it might be alright

see how it feels in the end....

• Forum MVP
3 hours ago, Greg from Chestertown said:

With that being said, I’m having a recurring thought recently. I’m wondering if I have already been to my last Dark  Star Orchestra show. Seriously, honestly, the band as the business that it is has to outlive the clusterfuck of a decision making process that the powers that be have made this mess.  They have a tough row to hoe. This is a worst case scenario. Even if the politicians let us get back to where we belong, the band and the fans have to weigh the life risking odds against the life sustaining hunger for tribal dance celebration. 
  Feels like it might be alright

see how it feels in the end....

Last fling was Weir and Wolf Bro’s in Louisville Mar 8. 
Having experience in math and physics and large numbers I took the grave risk at eating inside a Bob Evans this AM. If you think I am crazy then IMHO you probably did see your last DSO show.
As more of this is in rear view mirror seems like trend is cure worse than disease.

Tell me what you done it for (flatten curve)

No...I won’t tell you a thing (apparently not real motive)

• Forum MVP
7 hours ago, Greg from Chestertown said:

Even if the politicians let us get back to where we belong, the band and the fans have to weigh the life risking odds against the life sustaining hunger for tribal dance celebration.  

But at the end of the day it's not up to the politicians.  It's up to the virus.  The second part of your sentence even acknowledges it as such - "weigh the life risking odds." 

10 hours ago, cnjBrian said:

On some level I believe most of us go to shows not just to listen to the music but for the sense of community and being a part of something much larger than the individuals experience of the show. 

Appreciate the thought CNJB.   I generally experience shows as a singular experience between me and the band.  I love going with friends......but once the music starts, it's me and the band.  But that's just me.  I know we all have different things that drive us and make the scene what it is.

So.....with that being said.  In the case the band is reading this, I would gladly pay double the ticket price to make up for venues that can only allow restricted attendance.  I'll even accept a little 10' dancing square of my own!  

• Forum MVP

The issue is a whole tour. Dso could do a show here and there but that’s not profitable. They need to string shows together and that’s the kicker. 

Time to band together and get Dso to play a private party for 3 days for us. 100 peeps. $300 a head. Just need a plot of land. Everyone buy a t-shirt so Ellie has to show to not get used to the easy life of sitting around all day. Not a ton of money for the band but I’m sure they would love to play a show or 3. 

NY won't be having gatherings for a while....
 Phase One: Eligibility for regional reopening determined  on May 15th
  • Construction
  • Agriculture, Forestry, Fishing and Hunting
  • Retail - (Limited to curbside or in-store pickup or drop off)
  • Manufacturing
  • Wholesale Trade
Phase Two: Not Open
  • Professional Services
  • Retail
  • Administrative Support
  • Real Estate / Rental & Leasing
Phase Three: Not Open
  • Restaurants / Food Services
Phase Four: Not Open
  • Arts / Entertainment / Recreation
  • Education

• Forum MVP

Let me try to explain my thoughts again. A couple things. Between the Actual virus, the politicians reaction to it, the general public’s reaction to it, I feel that, at least for the foreseeable future, that DSO shows as we know them, may be a thing of the past. Until, there is a vaccine, some sort of medical guarantee, shoulder to shoulder people, wall to wall is not going to happen. That is why I said I may have already seen my last DSO show. (As we know them)  This has to make economic sense to the band. They can’t tour and lose money. The profitability comes from packed shows. A lot of them in a row. History shows us that. Can they afford to be off tour for an extended period of time? Do they morph into some other medium to get the music to us? I have no fucking idea. 
Must be some kind a way outta here.....

In my opinion I will die when I die. I am Not worried about covid19. If you are weak or compromised it may be wise to hibernate. I've faced much worse for far longer than this will last. Looking forward to the next dso show whenever that is.

On 5/14/2020 at 10:45 AM, 2muchfun said:

Having experience in math and physics and large numbers I took the grave risk at eating inside a Bob Evans

Probably greater risk eating at Bob Evans than Corona virus ;)

I've lost 27lbs since the end of february partly because almost everything I eat these days I cook at home :)

• Forum MVP

This speaks to me on a metaphysical plane. 

Recently I was asked what to do about Covid-19 in Huna terms. Here is my opinion: This is a name given to a specific virus. As such, it is an entity, and has the three selves. Like a rock, it is mostly Ku. It's nature is to replicate itself, which it can only do when we are so stressed our white blood cells cannot dismantle it before it interferes with our normal body functions. Mo  st of the public, however, thinks of it as a disease that attacks us, and "disease" is a very vague term. If we are in a low stress state (there is always some stress going on) it has no effect. At medium stress there are some symptoms, but we recover fairly easily. At high stress, the symptoms can be life threatening, but a strong will to survive can overcome that. So, the "disease" of Covid-19 is an effect of our state of stress. Instead of trying to work directly with the effect, it's more effective to work on destressing the people. - Serge King 

• Forum MVP

We need more the a vaccine- we need a major overhaul- a new collective vision/ story to enact. Im not sure the masses are ready yet.  Interesting times.... I'm ready to dance.  Black Mountain still not cancelled... im flying east for sisters wedding anyway. 

Archived