It is my opinion....

Taper Ron

• Forum MVP
14 minutes ago, Rude said:

I don’t believe an effective vaccine will be found for this. I think covid is the new reality and we will have to live life safer. I think the market is insanely overpriced with the amount of bankruptcies I expect next year. I predict another 30% drop within a year as people start to realize the economy will be receding for years to come. People are already becoming reinfected. Antibodies aren’t lasting in people’s systems. This is an economic reset. 500k will die a year from this and the healthcare system will need to be retooled. Most if not all airlines will file bankruptcy. Cities like Orlando will be decimated. I hope I’m wrong but this is going to be a lot worse than most have thought. 

I have found that avoiding the TV news is helpful...…..I also make sure I break a sweat every day.

Stay positive......this too will pass.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

I’m only reading. A virologist was talkinj about how they have yet to make a successful vaccine for any of the other coronavirus’. But regardless many won’t be traveling for years. Do you think 150k will be going to Disneyland every day?  No way. This is going to ripple through the economy. There are dark economic days that we’ve never seen in our lives upcoming. I’m being realistic. People told me I was nuts when I said most summer tours wouldn’t happen. Even if they could they would be low attendance. Fortunately we have a smart leader in charge. The smartest and healthiest president ever, a President only the very smart support. 

• Forum MVP
11 minutes ago, friendofthedead said:

We may need a big, fat, juicy War to to deal with all the lives that are being saved, and ruined, at the same time. 

No need to use the future tense...fat juicy war...civil one...is and has been going on...like just about everything else these days it is being waged online and in media. 

Not snowflakes -vs- haters or cnn -vs- fox. Actual blood and killing. Unfortunatly affects the young and healthy. Not the vulnerable and elderly. 

WW1 & WW2 came on the heels of a pandemic and a depression. Then ushered in some of the most prosperous times in US history (not saying a direct cause and effect, but interesting).  Civil War2, sure seems possible. Nothing like a war to thin the herd and stimulate the economy. Just ask Halliburton.  By the way, this is not my wish or prediction. Just saying. I dont know what the fuck is gonna happen either.

• Forum MVP

Lol there won’t be a civil war because there aren’t any homogenous groups to take up arms against others. No ones going door to door murdering people even though the right likes to threaten those things all the time. If Hillary won, the dethroned KY governor said blood would have to be spilled. Nutcases everywhere. 

Not a political or racial consideration. More govt/military/police -vs- shutdown washouts that can't support their families. The 20% of the economy that never comes back. I just hope the kindness of humanity wins out. Politically, maybe the republicans will help legislate a stronger social safty net.

Geopolitical fallout is another wonder. 

We'll overcome the virus.

• Forum MVP

You can open it all up but many will not hop a flight or go where there are crowds of 1000s again. This is the economic threat. You can say we are open for business but a chunk of the population will not be partaking. I read so much nonsense that the economy will be back to normal in the fall. The economy cannot fully recover until masses are traveling again and participating in concerts and the arts. You can not eliminate tourism and expect a recovery. The loss of international tourism will decimate tourist attractions. Stopping all immigration has long term economic effects. The idiot in chief doesn’t understand that without migration to America we would be in constant recession. Americans don’t have enough babies to sustain the population which leads to permanent recession. 

• Forum MVP

My thoughts on the subject for the last few days is exactly that. Basically, the Coronavirus will be a problem until the stupid fuck who is in charge is no longer in charge. Progress will be made,  by someone else, when he gets the fuck out of the way. The fucking fuck is fucking the fuck up.

• Forum MVP
3 minutes ago, Ammagamalin Crew said:

The human population is over rated. I think we have enough humans to keep things going for awhile. Ain't no time to hate. Others are merely mirrors of ourselves. People get on their side and then throw stones at the other

Yes we are supposed to be the intelligent species. What a joke.

Always argued at work to be 100% safe means do nothing.

I have been shut in for 5 weeks and there is no curve here as the county is still below 100 total cases. No counties with more than 500 cases until approach Louisville 100 miles away. The curve has flattened...that was idea..most hospitals here more empty...not overrun...let my people go! If we have to be shut in till 100% safety....will be indefinite.

• Forum MVP

I think a soft opening to let the people who can’t stand it any longer move about and wait 2 weeks and see what happen. This global pandemic should be handled locally imho. There is a high probability eventually  I’ll get it if lingering in the air is definite mode of transmission. 

• Forum MVP
On 4/28/2020 at 7:42 AM, 2muchfun said:

Yes we are supposed to be the intelligent species. What a joke.

Always argued at work to be 100% safe means do nothing.

I have been shut in for 5 weeks and there is no curve here as the county is still below 100 total cases. No counties with more than 500 cases until approach Louisville 100 miles away. The curve has flattened...that was idea..most hospitals here more empty...not overrun...let my people go! If we have to be shut in till 100% safety....will be indefinite.

you can open it all up but it won’t be back to normal until everyone participates. This is the long term threat to our livelihoods. My aunt, a Fox News trumper, wont leave her house or be face to face with anyone. She won’t be traveling for a year. He can talk all he wants about reopening but it won’t be open. 

we are fucked. 

We have to start somewhere. The ecconomy is fucked already. Hopefully the media doesn't shame places back into lockdown because of local outbreaks. Deaths are inevitable. I can't help being more afraid of the ecconomic collapse than a 2% death rate. Stay home if you got the means.

If local healthcare gets overwhelmed then l'm not so sure. I think we'll have enough beds and ventilators. In the long run its the hospital staffing that will come up short. 

49 minutes ago, friendofthedead said:

If local healthcare gets overwhelmed then l'm not so sure. I think we'll have enough beds and ventilators. In the long run its the hospital staffing that will come up short. 

Come up short in what way? It is extremely busy in hospitals located in areas with high concentrations of the virus. 

Burnout. Staff shortages. Intensive care and ventilator management is difficult and if multiple cases at once even more so. Of all the providers in a healthcare system only a few are truly experienced at critical care. Day after day of high volume is not common or expected. Theres been a doctor and nurse shortage for years before this. ER director in nyc just commited suicide. 

Not to mention a rural icu setting.  Extra scary for the docs and patients. The few they may typically see in a year get transfered to places that can handle it

• Forum MVP

If the death rate is really 1 in 50 which it isn’t, you should be more scared of that than a bad economy. That would mean 60 people would die from Jubilee if everyone got it. I’m guessing it’s probably around .5%. 

the fix is require masks like every other country. If you wonder how Seoul has an infection rate a fraction of New York even with similar density it’s because they require masks to be in public. The orange turd said he won’t wear one so he set the example. We could go to concerts if everyone wore a mask and I guarantee you no deadhead would complain since we’d get music for a small sacrifice. Masks are the solution. 

there’s not nearly enough beds considering a 20% hospitalization rate if everyone caught if at once. Without the lockdown this would have been exponentially worse. Now we must start to reopen with masks. Unfortunately the turd in chief and pence who was the only one in the hospital with no mask set horrible examples. Unfortunately Biden is almost as much an idiot as trump. Fortunately he’d let the experts do their thing vs trump and his fantasy world. Neither inspire any confidence but Biden likely wouldn’t try to be the face of the response and he wouldn’t brainstorm like a toddler on national tv. 

Masks certainly help to open things up and avoid larger outbreaks. 0.5-2% death rate is scary, but sooner or later most of us will just have to take our chances with the virus, while taking all the other precations too. Large gatherings bring the highest risk. 2% death rate of positive cases at a large gathering can't be risked. But 2% of a population trying to reopen with the necessary precations can hopefully be managed. 2% is a worst case senario.

Masks and many other precautions could make a concert possible.

Archived