DSO drive in shows!! Sept 5-6 in Philly

Hardpan

• Forum MVP
2 hours ago, found said:

Let's not compare this to woodstock...

I’m talking about regret. I have never regretted going to a Dark Star Orchestra concert. I have regretted not going to a Dark Star show. Times  have changed. This is as good as it gets. Who knows, it might not be that bad. It’s like six weeks away, the rules might get changed again. This is the last of a string of parking lot shows in Philly. Things might not be all that bad by show time. When that first note gets played, I will be glad that I was there. 
 ....wish I had to listen, whoa, what momma said...

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

I’m not sure how much I love this concept. I do not accept new world order of things and I am disappointed in many ways by the response. I hope we move past this phase quickly. 

However, we will definitely attend these shows. I will try my best enjoy myself. Hopefully we can dance outside of the car. If not, the overall experience could be a real bummer. All that being said, I want to show my support for DSO and I want this event to be well attended. They deserve our support. I am sure they are itching to play for us and will deliver monster performances. 

• Forum MVP

As of tomorrow the Indy mayor cancelled all gatherings of 50+ for nect month. Doesn’t matter if it’s outdoors socially distanced it’s cancelled besides churches who can be packed however they want. That’s 4 Hyryder shows over next 9 days I’m gonna miss and likely too late to cancel at least 1 if not both nights hotels. Nothings safe. Assume everything’s getting cancelled. If red states are closing shit better believe blue ones are gonna do it too. Whatever you do don’t book non refundable hotels lol. Ours were refundable but not 24-48 hours before ugh. 

fuck You 2020. 

• Forum MVP

Nope. All gatherings of 50+ are cancelled in Indianapolis. And free shows are nice too lol. 

edit:  says outdoor entertainment events may not exceed 250 people and must get city permission. That excludes bars. Bars are maxed at 50 if they serve food. Closed if don’t serve food. Garfield Park could go on but not sure if they will. 

• Forum MVP

I got an E mail today saying that my refund for the Hamilton shows that we’re cancelled in June, I believe, should be completed by the end of the week and the money should be in my account by the middle of next week. I was also told two weeks ago that my refund would be complete by the end of the week. I thoroughly enjoy being the bank for a large corporation. 

• Forum MVP

Hi Everyone,

Unfortunately, the show at The Trap is canceled for tomorrow. The show in Saturday in Garfield Park is still on as it meets the updated restrictions imposed by the Mayor of Indianapolis. 

Please hang tight for more info on the shows next week at the Trap. People are working their magic trying to make sure we can celebrate Jerry’s birthday proper.

Thanks for you patience and stay safe!

saw that posted as far as the Garfield park show

Happy Friday everybody....finally!!!  Yahooooo!!!!

Rude & Dead Duck--thank you so much for the updated "Street reports" on Hyryder shows this weekend. I think i'm going to make the trip up to Indy for the show tomorrow--really need my "fix".   My plan is to be as safe as possible and just have some me & music time in my own little piece of grass in the park.

Enjoy your day everybody and have a great and safe weekend.

• Forum MVP

Just got my two day pass, blue section. I’m thinking the last row of the blue section, all the way back. Hassle free zone, best chance of a shakedown street. Red Pathfinder Maryland tag, ‘BOXRAIN’ aaah, the feeling of looking forward to a show. There’s only two things that feel better, the actual show and that other thing. 

I'm struggling with this....cant bring my camper van...no dancing...whats the point....if we are outside, reverb from other cars sound systems ( music over music ), exhaust from cars..no peeps interaction.....big brother enforcing...I do want to support the band.....this reminds me a little of 1987, 1988...FCC shut down radio transmission feed from board that allowed deadheads to dance in the lot without tix..fans would bring massive stereo systems and formed a regular hoe down in the lot..that was before covid nighmare but was amazing.....as a taper, I could buy a cheapt little radio, bring it into the show..find the frequency, plug my D5 into it and get perfect boards..it also fed speakers in the hallways so sound was at a premium everywhere to include the lot..then the FCC chimed in and that was that!

55 minutes ago, Weather Command said:

I'm struggling with this....cant bring my camper van...no dancing...whats the point....if we are outside, reverb from other cars sound systems ( music over music ), exhaust from cars..no peeps interaction.....big brother enforcing...I do want to support the band.....this reminds me a little of 1987, 1988...FCC shut down radio transmission feed from board that allowed deadheads to dance in the lot without tix..fans would bring massive stereo systems and formed a regular hoe down in the lot..that was before covid nighmare but was amazing.....as a taper, I could buy a cheapt little radio, bring it into the show..find the frequency, plug my D5 into it and get perfect boards..it also fed speakers in the hallways so sound was at a premium everywhere to include the lot..then the FCC chimed in and that was that!

I’ve been trying to figure out a little FM receiver to be able to tape the shows. Gonna be way better that trying to set up mics in my truck. Would make for funny tape info though: mics set up on dashboard of Toyota Tundra, 650 feet from soundboard 🤪

• Forum MVP

Yea, I thought about the radio thing. Wouldn’t there be some lag time between what the bands speakers are blasting across the parking lot and what was going up to a satellite and back to car stereos? Wouldn’t that create an echo effect?reminds me of an entire stadium trying to clap to not fade away and getting three different groups instead. 

Archived