DSO drive in shows!! Sept 5-6 in Philly

Hardpan

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

I thought I read five or five thirty doors. Curious how you get all the vehicles through the door that fast. There’s a park right across the way there, I believe south of where the spectrum and J F K used to be. Might be a good staging area if it's ‘ ‘open’. I forget the name of it. Just thinking out loud. 

• Forum MVP

Mixed feelings about how this went down and how it can be done better in the future. A big PA played to the cars would be better than the mix of sounds we got where we were parked through the fm broadcast. However, st Stephen the eleven. Are you kidding me?  I’m alive with thirst. I need this. And I need in smaller darker dungy theaters and halls. I did at points during the show just dance for this first time and full speed in what feels like forever. Wow. It was exhilarating. I will make sure we park with friends tomorrow. I may even bring the peanut. 

• Forum MVP
4 hours ago, Mason's Child said:

Mixed feelings about how this went down and how it can be done better in the future. A big PA played to the cars would be better than the mix of sounds we got where we were parked through the fm broadcast. However, st Stephen the eleven. Are you kidding me?  I’m alive with thirst. I need this. And I need in smaller darker dungy theaters and halls. I did at points during the show just dance for this first time and full speed in what feels like forever. Wow. It was exhilarating. I will make sure we park with friends tomorrow. I may even bring the peanut. 

100% accurate. I was 5th row center and although you could hear stage sound, all the vehicles tuned in made for uneven sound. Slight delay as fm was millisecond ahead of stage (simultaneous but distance difference). Of course vast majority danced about their vehicles as opposed to being inside which was the concept. Still real dancing to real live music...yay

Was able to find van with big speakers turned up near me and if I danced near it....could make sound better.

Acres of black top....I too kinda missed my favorite dingy shitholes.

1 hour ago, 2muchfun said:

100% accurate. I was 5th row center and although you could hear stage sound, all the vehicles tuned in made for uneven sound. Slight delay as fm was millisecond ahead of stage (simultaneous but distance difference). Of course vast majority danced about their vehicles as opposed to being inside which was the concept. Still real dancing to real live music...yay

Was able to find van with big speakers turned up near me and if I danced near it....could make sound better.

Acres of black top....I too kinda missed my favorite dingy shitholes.

I would agree with the sound issue.  Initially, the sound was mixed but in the area I was in people figured it out and reduces the number of sources which helped.  New York was much better having the PA system.  Although there were issues with sound levels.  The volume would keep going up and down.  

All good, i couldn’t make last night anyways so you didn’t miss me. I just touched down in downtown Philly for some brews. In was just a bout to ask the same what’s the deal with driving in and out with a cooler 

• Forum MVP

You’re fine through the gate. They walk around your vehicle with a dog, ask you to pop your trunk. (I know, right!? We just met.) I asked one of the dogs owner, they’re just sniffing out explosives. Those dogs clearly aren’t trained to smell weed. They were half asleep. It was like some guy brought his own dog from home. People will walk around during the show and ask you to put a mask on, go back to your car. Not deal breaker shit at all. It was a great night last night. I had so much fun that I am too crippled to make it back tonight. I’ll be half past dead for the ride home. Not chancing that. 

Glad to hear the mostly positive reviews...If I had been in VA I would have made the trip. It seems to be getting harder and harder to make those long drives. Anyway, the next one within a six hour drive, I’m there. 

BTW, seems there are some pretty good live bands here in Florida...nowhere near the DSO quality and attention to detail, but a damn good dance just the same.  

Archived