Frederick, MD drive in shows 10/30-31

Rude

• Forum MVP

What’s awesome is by the time I get home it’s gonna be Election Day and the ads will be over!!!! The nicest thing about being in a state where your vote doesn’t matter is that the ads are at a minimum. Saw that Carolina has the most ads of any state but cali. They had 7000 ads run last Wednesday alone over just 6 tv markets. Insanity. Nothing irks me more than watching football and seeing a fucking political ad. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Forum MVP

Ominous signs today. Drove all day in the hurricane rain then hit a 3 hour crash closure of I-79 as we were an hour from Morgantown which is our tonight destination. Just pull up at hotel ready for a nice bourbon or 5 after the multi hour delay and there’s no power anywhere in the area of the hotel. iPhone flashlight to light the room as I guzzle some michters rye. 

• Sad (neutral) 1
  • Forum MVP

Just listened to that space > Fantasy last night. It was a cold stormy summer tour in 85, you're right in that the current times merit some of the dark, dank and demonstrative glidings that came out of 85

4 hours ago, Greg from Chestertown said:

That sucks. I imagine the band and crew are going through the same thing trying to get to Fredrick and set up shop. Actually, these are the makings for some incredible shows. Merriweather post ‘85? 

• Forum MVP

20/10/30  Fairgrounds,  Frederick, MD

Day Tripper, Alabama>Greatest Story,

Roses, Keep on Growin', Cassidy, Push,

Sunrise, Bird Song>Let It Grow>Bird Song.

Help on the Way>Slipknot>Stranger,

Ship of Fools>Truckin'>Low Spark>

D>S>Imagine>Season of the Witch,

Throwin' Stones>Morning Dew.

E:  Box of Rain.

A truly inspired performance shared

with great friends.  Keep on Growin'

killed, love the H>S>Stranger, in my 

steps during the Low Spark Chuck.

Praise DSO.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Forum MVP

Thank you buddy, was just looking for that list,... 😅🤪 Good to hug your neck! Great set up, very fan friendly. Thanks to band and crew for throwing down a schorcher! Good times, good weather, good peeps, cool venue.

Ps: the birdsong let it grow sandwich was fucking awesome to end set 1.

• Like (+1) 4

Set one started rough via streaming with lots of sync and sound issues.  They were finally fixed by mid-set and the Bird Song/Let it Grow sandwich was fantastic (still not a fan of the drum solo in LIG, it take away too much great jam potential).

Second set highlights were the Help/Slip/Stranger.  Stranger seemed to have a bit extra punch.  Nice jam out of Truckin'.  

The Dew seemed like a quicker pace to probably fit it in before curfew, but the end jam soared.

See ya'll from the couch tonight!

• Like (+1) 1

What a killer show last night. Fun Day Tripper to start, followed by a rocking Alabama >Greatest Story. Roses was a nice breather and sweetly played. Sunrise was good, the only break from the 80s theme in set 1. Bird Song >Let it Grow>Bird Song let me get lost inside for a while, and the Bird Song reprise was a welcome surprise. 

Set 2 came on strong, with Help>Slip> Stranger leading the charge with waves of intensity. Ship of Fools was nailed by Jeff, as Zuck said. Truckin was fun, with big bombs. Low Spark eased its way out of Truckin, slinky and sneaky sounding, and was superb. My only notes from the night say “delirious spiraling keyboard” during  Low Spark, really was enjoying what Barraco was doing. Imagine instrumental out of space was beautiful, with Jeff and Barraco leading the way, with Barraco using some kind of amazing sounding delay, full band eventually joined in and held the crowd spellbound. Season of the Witch was fun and spooky, Morning Dew was splendid as always.  Had a great time hanging out with good friends and throwing it down last night. Made it back home for Halloween scavenger hunt with the kids, everyone have fun tonight and tomorrow 🥰

• Like (+1) 4