Frederick, MD drive in shows 10/30-31

Rude

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

This really sucks. If it could have just been last month we’d have done all 3. This place is like 10 minutes from my brothers house ugh. If it’s cold will be nice to have your car to chill in during set breaks too. Hopefully a vaccine can be rolled out to the general public by next summer. No music for 6 months in winter seems suck. 

Curious if any bands will play indoors this winter with several states eliminating capacity restrictions. If some band played in a box venue for 1500 people, how many  shows would it take until the whole band got Covid. The gf and I caught the flu on 2 separate New Years runs and it’s not as contagious as this. We popped a lot of Tylenol and saw the shows but likely infected many. This is the perfect opportunity to ban talking during shows. No screaming. Clapping only. We did do 2 shows in a crowd having to wear masks the whole 4 hours and it really wasn’t an issue at all. But we could go dance anywhere we wanted so was an ok compromise 

• Forum MVP
5 hours ago, Rude said:

This really sucks. If it could have just been last month we’d have done all 3. This place is like 10 minutes from my brothers house ugh. If it’s cold will be nice to have your car to chill in during set breaks too. Hopefully a vaccine can be rolled out to the general public by next summer. No music for 6 months in winter seems suck. 

Curious if any bands will play indoors this winter with several states eliminating capacity restrictions. If some band played in a box venue for 1500 people, how many  shows would it take until the whole band got Covid. The gf and I caught the flu on 2 separate New Years runs and it’s not as contagious as this. We popped a lot of Tylenol and saw the shows but likely infected many. This is the perfect opportunity to ban talking during shows. No screaming. Clapping only. We did do 2 shows in a crowd having to wear masks the whole 4 hours and it really wasn’t an issue at all. But we could go dance anywhere we wanted so was an ok compromise 

If my aunt had balls she’d be my uncle.  😜

• LMAO 1
  • Forum MVP
10 hours ago, Weather Command said:

11-1-85 my pick for the 11/1 show...one of my favorite all time GD shows and a dicks pick to boot....during drums space, my buddy turns to me and says they finish saint after drums and also play gloria tonight...no shit

They have recreated that date at State Theater with JK

back in the day.  It was a three show run that started

with 85/10/31, then 11/1, then I believe elective. 

I have vivid memories of the joint just going berserk

during the Gloria.  Great show.

Praise DSO.

• Like (+1) 2
On 10/9/2020 at 7:42 PM, Weather Command said:

11-1-85 my pick for the 11/1 show...one of my favorite all time GD shows and a dicks pick to boot....during drums space, my buddy turns to me and says they finish saint after drums and also play gloria tonight...no shit

My favorite Jack Straw is from this night, what a scorcher

• Forum MVP

The 10/31 - 11/2/85 Columbia-Richmond run was one my favs.

Left Evansville on a trippy whim at 1AM Halloween with a half pack of cigs and full tank of gas my beat friend and giddy up.

Everytime I hear Stella Blue I think of the Heart of Columbia Hotel...Cheap and blue light.

Correct version is the mix of Yiddish and English..

“If your bubba had ayah she’d be your zedah.”

bubba = grandmother 

zedah= grandfather

ayah = balls

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP
1 hour ago, 2muchfun said:

Left Evansville on a trippy whim at 1AM Halloween with a half pack of cigs and full tank of gas my beat friend and giddy up.

Everytime I hear Stella Blue I think of the Heart of Columbia Hotel...Cheap and blue light.

bubba = grandmother 

zedah= grandfather

ayah = balls

I’d love a 3 show 85 recreation. I won’t be greedy. Just give me 2/3

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP
On 10/21/2020 at 2:32 PM, 2muchfun said:

bubba = grandmother 

zedah= grandfather

ayah = balls

Columbia is my home town.....I was at this show with about 15 close friends. I booked a couple of rooms at the Carolina Inn - not quite as seedy as Heart of Columbia, but not fancy either.

Oh what a night!

• Like (+1) 1