Louisville #1

Tea

• Forum MVP

4/9/89 - Freedom Hall

Louisville, KY

Set 1: Hell In A Bucket > Sugaree ; Walkin' Blues ; It Must Have Been The Roses ; Me And My Uncle > Big River ; Ramble On Rose ; Desolation Row ; Foolish Heart 

Set 2: Louie Louie ; Man Smart (Woman Smarter) ; Ship Of Fools > Estimated Prophet

Show Notes
Show ended early due to rain storm. The remainder of the original show would have been > Uncle John's Band > drums > space > The Other One > Stella Blue > Sugar Magnolia E: Knockin' On Heaven's Door

bummer.  redemption 2nite

• Like (+1) 2
  • Forum MVP

Sorry about the rain out for those who went.  I would of been ok for that desolation.   That is my white whale that I have been searching for a long time.  Have got some awesome music, but....that desolation is still in my wheel house to see.  

Hope tonight the rain holds off.  

Be safe and dance awesome!!!

• Like (+1) 1
2 hours ago, GoingBackTo Where.... said:

Sorry about the rain out for those who went.  I would of been ok for that desolation.   That is my white whale that I have been searching for a long time.  Have got some awesome music, but....that desolation is still in my wheel house to see.  

Hope tonight the rain holds off.  

Be safe and dance awesome!!!

Desolation is on my hope to catch list, too. Great looking first set

• Forum MVP

Duck’s super deadhead college son called it after he heard desolation and foolish. He said it’s got to be the Louie Louie Louisville 89 show. No googling. He’s like they never did a set that finished desolation foolish besides this. Proud papa moment for duck for sure. He raised the kids proper :). Hoping Jonathan will be on the bus when he gets to choose as he’s gonna be forced on it starting 2023. He’s gonna sell water for the things he wants to buy. In Nashville at ascend there are 3-4 guys with huge coolers selling water since you can take 1 bottle in and everyone buys from them. Let’s see if he will have a bit of hustle to him. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

I thought he was full of shit when he kept saying he knew the show and I should too. But he wouldn’t tell me. He wanted me to hear the Louie Louie but I kept bugging him and he broke during setbreak and told me. Lol. Every year we talk about getting the Louie Louie show in Louisville and this year was the first time they drove to the show on their own so we didn’t bring it up

also Saturday happened to be lukes 40th show

• Like (+1) 4
  • Forum MVP

The executive inn is long gone. Maybe he meant in 1989. And bill wasn’t there or hed have been back with us plus he’s impossible to miss. We are both beacons at shows. It’s easy to locate our tall asses. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

We used to stay at the executive inn Or the Galt house for state tournaments in high school. Our goal was to roam the halls and pick up chicks from other high schools but we never successful. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP
1 hour ago, Rude said:

Our goal was to roam the halls and pick up chicks from other high schools but we never successful. 

aFPCv7V.gif

I wonder why?

xQ4XkAe.gif

Don't feel bad tho.  I asked a cute girl for her # and was surprised to hear her say, "Sure!  You should toooootally call me!"  The fact that her phone # started with a '555' was not a good sign.

• Like (+1) 1
  • LMAO 2