Spring tour 2022

• Forum MVP

Spring is almost here! šŸŒ·

That means we have new Spring tour dates to share!

5/12 - Stroudsburg, PA - Sherman Theater
5/13 - Port Chester, NY - The Capitol Theatre
5/14 - Port Chester, NY - Capitol Theatre
5/17 - Charlottesville, VA - The Jefferson TheaterĀ 
5/19 - Charleston, SC - Charleston Music Hall
5/20 - Pelham, TN - The CavernsĀ 
5/21 - Pelham, TN - The Caverns
5/22 - Memphis, TN - Minglewood HallĀ 
5/27 - 29 - Thornville, OH - Dark Star JubileeĀ 

Tickets on sale this Friday, March 18 at 10 AM local time. Head to our website for direct ticket links.Ā 

We can't wait to see you on Spring Tour!Ā 

Predicted Facebook comments belowĀ 

ā€œWhy no Vermontā€

ā€come to south Floridaā€

ā€SoCal gets no loveā€

ā€Please add Oregon to spring tourā€

ā€Please come back to Maineā€

ā€œCome to Jerseyā€

• Thanks (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

Ok. There were some come to jersey, lots of penns peak anger. Come to Seattle so was a bit off on Oregon prediction. Come to Georgia which they did 2 nights of 3 months ago. Come to cali which they just did and are doing with the skull and roses again.Ā 
Ā 

evidently many wonā€™t pop an hour drive and demand a true local show. Iā€™m going to start spamming ā€œCome back to Paducahā€. And yes they were like the 3rd show at our badass 3k seat performing arts center. But the bands that thrive here are 70s bands who had 1-4 songs. America, Boston and the like. If you were a 3 hit wonder, you will sell out The Carson Center.Ā 

• LMAO 1
  • Forum MVP
8 hours ago, gr8fulpair said:

Daaaaaaamn, itā€™s an 8hr drive from Charleston to the Caverns, and we donā€™t have a tour driver for overnight passage!! Wtf.Ā 

Thatā€™s my house to yours plus a bit of driving. Do the caverns then Memphis instead. They never play Memphis. 1st time venues always excite me.Ā 

Well, ends up I couldn't go to the Jubilee with much sorrow. Next year I will plan better and in advance. On a happy note though, I'll be doing the two shows in Pelham, Tennessee just before Jubilee. The venue looks awesome and I can't wait to figure out the space.

Now keeping with the theme of the thread; I was disappointed to NOT see a couple of shows at the brewery at Black Mountain, North Carolina. It looks like they're just starting events again after a long reprieve for COVID. I do love that venue and have been to many DSO shows there. I'm hoping, that when they open their doors wide open, DSO will welcome them back to the land of the living and book a couple there.

With so many awesome venues in Appalachia, I'd be sure to tag them all as I shed off these cobwebs and get myself back into full swing. It's good to see DSO being so active everywhere. I can name a dozen or so venues within a couple of hundred miles from my home, here in the foothills, where I'd enthusiastically follow the crowd.

Anybody have the skinny on The Caverns? Please share your insights ... I'd love to hear about it.

See many of you soon.

Aiko, Aiko!!!

• Forum MVP

We saw Melvin and JK there last summer. Itā€™s a real cave that holds around 1k peeps. Sort of low ceiling. Cotter will have a fit trying to get the sound right. Itā€™s always a perfect show temp of 58 degrees. No clue about camping as thatā€™s new.Ā 

• 1 month later...
  • Forum MVP

Jerry Garcia famously said, ā€œThereā€™s only two theaters, manā€¦ that are set up pretty groovy all around for music and for smooth stage changes, good lighting and all that ā€” the Fillmore and The Capitol Theatre. And those are the only two in the whole country.ā€

Tomorrow (5/13), Dark Star Orchestra play The Capitol Theatre for a special recreation of the Grateful Deadā€™s legendary Europe ā€˜72 Tour performance in Lille, France, 50 years later to the day. Decades after, the legend of Europe ā€™72 remains one of the more famous chapters in the Deadā€™s storied history and a testament that the bandā€™s unique vision of artistic community could cross oceans, continents, and cultures.Ā 

Ā 

Experience the sound and all-encompassing energy of the Grateful Dead with Dark Star Orchestra tomorrow at 8PM ET ā€” livestream tickets on sale now!Ā 

Ā 

10 BUX

Ā 

https://fans.live/products/dark-star-orchestra-5-13-22?utm_source=FANS.live&utm_campaign=006968a768-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2022_05_06_04_04_COPY_01&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_1311fee6da-006968a768-31774712&mc_cid=006968a768&mc_eid=794e3472a3

• Like (+1) 1