Summer Tour

• Forum MVP

Unfortunately we couldn’t wait on the announce and are doing panic red rocks 6/23-25. The road gets tiring and 3 Colorado shows at 1 spot is the ticket and panic always delivers the goods. I just hope dso isn’t doing a bunch of Midwest shows then 😭

• LMAO 1
  • Forum MVP
1 hour ago, Dead duck said:

I’m hoping to get a Cincy and Indy weekend sometime in summer/fall. But yes I’m also holding a buttload of tix for other stuff and I have to hope for no schedule conflicts. 😆🤣

we are pretty much on destination weekends for the next 5 years and as the years progress my appetite for driving 4 straight days is almost nil. I did love doing many whole tours in the day though. Those memories are cherished. With her 15 vacation days a year and 5 of those are beach days, we have about 6-7 weekends/fests we can do a year plus the random Saturday Nashville, St. Louis, cincy or Indy up and backs. Pretty much shooting for 15-20 annual shows and hopefully like 10 of those being dso. I was on pace to hit 200 dso shows in 2020 but now it will probably be next year when I hit that milestone and 10 years for the next 100 vs 100 in 26 months at 1 stretch catching around 40%. What’s funny is id only seen 28 dso shows before meili saw her 1st and she’s now at around 140. That’s pretty nuts to think about and she’s done 3 completely solo deadco shows I didn’t want to do which she wouldn’t have done early in the relationship without the confidence of this being her music now and her scene and she’d go spend the whole day on lot which I have zero interest in doing now but I did do when I was young. What’s funny is she knew I wouldn’t be interested in some of the up and backs and had already packed and then was like I’m going to Deadco St. Louis. You can come if you want or the  I left work early and am already headed to cincy. Can you find me a ticket on CashorTrade. See you and Jonathan tomorrow. But I created the need for shows and solo shows are pretty fun. Non deadheads don’t really understand going to a show solo, but you’re never really alone at a dance party. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Forum MVP
1 hour ago, chuckvegas said:

It is interesting how perspective changes with life events. But there’s no questions that you’re never alone at a dance party.

I still love trying to catch a lot of shows but it’s no longer priority 1 like it  was from 2014-2020. They are still a priority for mental and physical health but lower down. 

• 1 month later...
  • Forum MVP
4 hours ago, LangeradoSoul said:

I just got a room and a ticket for June 17 in Asheville. Haven't been to the Salvage station, looking forward to a post-Jubilee pre summer show

It’s outdoor with a flat dance area. That’s all you need!! I’d love to do this weekend but she got freaking denied on her PTO request. Denied… Its gonna require an eventual talk with the boss saying this is how we deal with life stressors. Shows. If we get denied then it may not be the right job. On that note that would have been the 1st of 4 straight weekends out of town so we didn’t throw down the gauntlet 

2 hours ago, Rude said:

It’s outdoor with a flat dance area. That’s all you need!! I’d love to do this weekend but she got freaking denied on her PTO request. Denied… Its gonna require an eventual talk with the boss saying this is how we deal with life stressors. Shows. If we get denied then it may not be the right job. On that note that would have been the 1st of 4 straight weekends out of town so we didn’t throw down the gauntlet 

After I got off tour in 2001, I got married, had 3 babies, worked full time while full time getting undergraduate & graduate degrees and we had no family for 600 miles. Then as we worked our way into better jobs, we had many of the same experiences of no money or no time off that was allowed. All that to say: I totally get it. Even now, though I have more free time and flexibility,  with my oldest about 20 & in college, my 14 & 16 year old are happy and healthy and still in school & participate in stuff that keeps us really busy.

But I wish you luck on her time off for your mental health excursions, because trust me- I know how helpful they are 

• Forum MVP
16 hours ago, Rude said:

Its gonna require an eventual talk with the boss saying this is how we deal with life stressors. 

"She gets PTO whenever she asks, right?  Right!?!  RIGHT?!?!"

SmoggyBlandIrishwolfhound.webp

• Like (+1) 1
  • LMAO 1
  • Forum MVP

The whining gets old pretty fast. Rude you say your destination weekends for 5 years. What's wrong with bears picnic or the 50 year anniversary celebration of watkins glen. Did you look at the site for the watkins glen tribute. Definitely qualifies as a destination weekend. Bears picnic has been going on for a long time. Lots of pa family will be there. They up their game by getting DSO to headline. Another destination weekend. Don't get me started on Jackson hole. And Asheville ain't so bad either. Lots of solid weekend stuff going on. Catching shows has always involved some effort. I can't figure out why they don't do 10 shows a year in bailey Colorado. Another 10 in conifer. And maybe like 5 in Denver. Then I'd never have to put in effort to catch them. Late July and august a good distance off. Plenty of time to plan. I'm gonna shoot for Lafayette ny through Indianapolis should be a fun time.

If you want it to be easy move to NYC but even then with the traffic it's still gonna be a bitch. 

• Forum MVP

Must be nice to be able to fly 4 peeps for a 1 off show across country to Watkins glen. Unfortunately I won’t drop 5k on a weekend. As I said she has 3 weeks off a year. She was denied 6/16 off with us taking off 6/23-26 then 7/1-7/9. We do 1 day off for 2 shows. Indy is 2 days off for 1 show. If we’d known dso was playing Asheville earlier we wouldn’t have booked panic redrocks 3 shows. Unfortunately we aren’t in your situation where we fly across country  every weekend to see shows. Our child isn’t ready for shows. He’d torture us. 2 hours in a car and he tortures us so we won’t torture him for our pleasure. I love dso but I won’t spend 3k on last second RT flight to Jackson hole. Plus we already booked flights ti the beach. I get that you just do dso and now do every weekend but my whole family is at the beach so that’s where we are going. My single life revolved around dso but priorities are way way way different now. I was just hoping for a couple shows close that we could maybe not have to use days off on. Unfortunately not everyone with kids can see 40 shows a year. You home schooling? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

Watkins glen is two nights and we gonna ride through bears picnic at least. It’s not 4k for a one off and will involve some serious driving and serious patience. Even at 4 12 hour drive days can be rough. We will probably drive cross country and pick up Toph from her dads on way. She will be with him for summer but public school will start up soon. Summer break is shorter this year. They going to a 4 day school week next year. It’s public school. They will probably do Watkins with us. That part of country They will stay with Whitney’s family for some of the other shows and my family for some. We will definitely do some time at my parents shore house. With them both gone, we will sell house soon. My kids love ocean city. The beach. Delilah loves the fresh cut fries from Curly’s. We will have to take the temperature of the room to see whether they come to Bears picnic. How crazy they’ve  Driven our Andy"r

much fun they’ve We don’t make every weekend.  We miss first weekend of Spring Tour.

• Forum MVP

The Watkins glen poster shows dso recreating the 50th anniversary show. It doesn’t say 2 nights. They should probably make that clear. It’s showed 3 total bands but didn’t mention dso playing 2x

• Forum MVP

Fraze Pavillion would have been choice for the Dayton area. The free GA movement of Fraze would have been nice for dancing and mingling. Looks like Rose is reserved seating with rows separating people? At least I've heard Rose is good and it's OMSN I didn't mention Springfield at all with theses tours being revealed. Didn't want to jinx it. RL can still be done with the fall announcements.