Tomorrow never knows 
Wheel 
Hey Jude
PITB

Big boss man
Piece of my heart
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

One of the best electives I’ve ever seen. The mashup of The band, the Beatles , Dylan was awesome. 
band was flowing all night from help slip franklins. Loser was a highlight through masterpiece and I always always love Jack a roe. After GSET I said what a great first set to get a fireeeeee tangled. 
 Hey Jude to playin reprise second set highlight. 
Thank you dso. 
3/23/74 tonight????????

• Like (+1) 2
  • Forum MVP
On 3/23/2024 at 2:56 PM, Rbarracoph said:

first time electric

im all for more of The band. I’m also waiting for the bust out of Wilin’. That’s a perfect jubilee bust out or maybe fine tune in Nashville. Gotta think Easy to slip was just a warm up for willin. But you’d probably want Brent harmonizing on it and when he died it was all she wrote for Willin’ in my alternate history book. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/25/2024 at 3:10 PM, Rude said:

im all for more of The band. I’m also waiting for the bust out of Wilin’. That’s a perfect jubilee bust out or maybe fine tune in Nashville. Gotta think Easy to slip was just a warm up for willin. But you’d probably want Brent harmonizing on it and when he died it was all she wrote for Willin’ in my alternate history book. 

I toured full time 1997-2001. Those were my high volume show years. On Phil fall tour 1999, he busted out Willin', Fat Man in the Bathtub, and Don't Bogart that joint several times, as Paul Barrere and Billy Payne were part of the band. I don't think he played them after that. Those were magical times

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP
20 minutes ago, LangeradoSoul said:

I toured full time 1997-2001. Those were my high volume show years. On Phil fall tour 1999, he busted out Willin', Fat Man in the Bathtub, and Don't Bogart that joint several times, as Paul Barrere and Billy Payne were part of the band. I don't think he played them after that. Those were magical times

precedent has been set. Willin’ it is 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP
18 hours ago, Greg from Chestertown said:

That’s what I thought. I guess Dark Star could cover it in the filler spot. 

Dso plays several songs the dead never did in spots other than just filler. Oh darling is one. Also don’t think the Grateful Dead as that unit ever played take a letter Maria. I actually didn’t realize the dead played love the one your with in 83. It’s a lot of work learning the 1 off songs and if Dso does, they are gonna play them more than once 

• Forum MVP

I found a website once that had the songs that the Grateful Dead played listed in the order of number of times played, from Drums/Space, Me and My Uncle right on down to quite a few that were only played once. The end of that list is quite intriguing. Some are associated with one off benefit shows with other artists on stage with them. Some, like the Master’s Bouquet are from spontaneous acoustic shows. I’m fascinated with the songs they tried and decided to shelve after just a few attempts. If I Had the World to Give is kinda the holy grail with Jerry giving it three tries. Woulda been nice to see him get that worked out like he did with Visions of Johanna. Late in the game creaky voiced Jerry would have done that one justice. I think.

That’s what’s so beautiful about Dark Star Orchestra. We get to have these songs.  It Makes No Difference would be sweet to catch.

• Like (+1) 2