Thanks To All From Dso

Guest Rob Eaton

• Forum MVP

The Yankees were and have been pretty good before and after the guy who was the 1st baseman pre and post Lou Gehrig .... who were those guys ?/

Ohio State Football were and have been pretty good before and after Woody Hayes was Head Coach.... who were those guys ??

Who was the drummer before Ringo ?? .... how about all those guys that banged the keys for The Grateful Dead .... can't recall any names again ??

Shall I continue ... I think not I got an AP U.S. History class to teach in 10 minutes.... if I could only remember what George Kennan did ??

:rolleyes:

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

:rofl:

We're STILL talking about this?

A publicist is never a bad idea, especially here in the information age.

DSO has every right to crow in public about the lineup, and might even be wise to do so when confronted by the bafflingly tenacious handwringing coming from this here community two years on from the lineup change. Hiring a publicist to do it for them might be better still. Mary is right about "both sides of the rail", but now I am dangerously close to repeating myself on stuff about which I promisted long ago to shut the heck up.

THANKS TO DSO FROM ME AND MINE

Didn't this start out as a band member thanking his fan base...funny how so many of these threads have a mind of their own. I don't usually chime in on these types of things because it always turns into some misguided attack on someone else's opinion, or worse, feelings. Just look up a couple posts, what is the Midol box supposed to mean. I chuckled when I first saw it, what a fool I am. Is it possible that may have hurt someone's feelings? I don't know about you guys, but this scene, family, brotherhood, whatever you want to call it, is supposed to be tolerant, love your brother, take care of your neighbor, seems we spend lots of time attacking each other.

90% of opinions are neither good nor bad, just different. Polite, perhaps even heart felt, debate is what I would expect from this community, but too often, my expectations never come to fruition. Attacking someone because their opinion is different seems like wasted energy to me.

Peace,

Joe

• Forum MVP

Ohio State Football were and have been pretty good before and after Woody Hayes was Head Coach.... who were those guys ??

Maybe not the best current analogy. Ohio State football has been one embarrassing news cycle after the next for many months now....talk about needing a publicist!

• Forum VIP

You know I read these posts and I have mixed emotions, I have moved on from our "changes" and I am enjoying what we have right now...and I know thay are too...I was lucky enough to watch the Show on Sunday from the stage at Hardly Strickly and I was proud of my friends, they have worked hard to get to this place and endured a lot of good times and bad...but lets leave the Hate at the door...I hugged Lisa and helped her know we are there for her after losing her Mom... thats real stuff...JK is Happy with Furthur ...DSO is Happy with Jeff and 30,000 people Dancing on Sunday were also Happy...Going Down the Road with a Smile....Dr. V

• Forum MVP

You know I read these posts and I have mixed emotions, I have moved on from our "changes" and I am enjoying what we have right now...and I know thay are too...I was lucky enough to watch the Show on Sunday from the stage at Hardly Strickly and I was proud of my friends, they have worked hard to get to this place and endured a lot of good times and bad...but lets leave the Hate at the door...I hugged Lisa and helped her know we are there for her after losing her Mom... thats real stuff...JK is Happy with Furthur ...DSO is Happy with Jeff and 30,000 people Dancing on Sunday were also Happy...Going Down the Road with a Smile....Dr. V

Well said Pres.

Bravo DSO......BRAVO!!! I am so proud to call myself a Starhead. Thank you for your hard work, thank you for dedicating yourselves to this music we love so much. :cheers:

• Forum MVP

OK, this thread goes back to Rob and the band thanking us for support and us thanking them for playing GD music so damn good, riiiiggggghhhhtttttttt NOW!........

You're welcome Rob, band, crew. Shit, we flippin' love going to DSO shows. We even attend shows on week nights and go to work the next day!!!! F'n A... :dsorocks:

• Forum MVP

OK, this thread goes back to Rob and the band thanking us for support and us thanking them for playing GD music so damn good, riiiiggggghhhhtttttttt NOW!........

You're welcome Rob, band, crew. Shit, we flippin' love going to DSO shows. We even attend shows on week nights and go to work the next day!!!! F'n A... :dsorocks:

OK,.................NOW......

• Forum MVP

I love my Small Pond....and will enjoy living in it with a smile, smile smile.......Dr. V

yep. big ponds grow the fish too big and it get violent. LOTS of small ponds keep all the fish happy because they can custom their own pond to their needs and if another fish likes it, they can leap on in, but if they don't, it's not up to the pond to change for the fish, those hater fish should just move on.

its like, BIG WORLD corporate gov't v. localized (and specialized) communal living............ give me my lil ponds and communal living every day to the sell out get rich quick and leave those you love far behind mentality........

Slightly off the topic, but not totally - i love these small venues. I'm new to this forum - don't know anyone off of the boards. I'm a 40 yr old mother of 2, and I toured with the Dead for a bit in the late '80's and early '90's. It may not have been the band's best point musically, but I'm thankful for every single show that I got into. Towards the end, however, I was really enjoring the JGB shows more than the Dead shows, not only because I LOVED seeing Garcia break out with gospel and blues and anything else he felt like playing at the moment, but I also loved the smaller crowd that came with it.

I feel so fortunate to have found DSO. I can't believe that I've been given this gift twice. I was just making a restless peace (?) with the fact that I was not ever going to hear live music again that made me feel as free and light as the Dead had. And then a friend put me on Dark Star's path. I am elated:)

I will see this band as long as I can no matter what type of venue they play in, but I'm thrilled that it's still small. There's nothing like dancing in the sun with 110,000 other souls at JFK (which, sadly, is no more), but I don't miss waiting for 20 mins to get in and out of parking lots. I don't miss the mad rush for tickets. i don't envy the people today who have to pay $118 for nosebleed seats at whatever bank sponsered place is holding a concert. And I certainly don't miss seeing some JO out in the parking lot selling heroin to kids, while inside, the walls of the hallways are lined with young people sitting on the floor, slumped over and looking like they need the local ER on standby.

I really appreciate that when i go to see DSO, pretty much everyone there loves the band, loves the music, and just cares all the way around. I'm proud to be a part of it. These guys are terrific musicians. They have filled and empty space for me, and then some! I hope that all of their professional dreams are fulfilled, I just wish that could be done in a place that holds 2,000:)

Guest crazy digits

Slightly off the topic, but not totally - i love these small venues. I'm new to this forum - don't know anyone off of the boards. I'm a 40 yr old mother of 2, and I toured with the Dead for a bit in the late '80's and early '90's. It may not have been the band's best point musically, but I'm thankful for every single show that I got into. Towards the end, however, I was really enjoring the JGB shows more than the Dead shows, not only because I LOVED seeing Garcia break out with gospel and blues and anything else he felt like playing at the moment, but I also loved the smaller crowd that came with it.

I feel so fortunate to have found DSO. I can't believe that I've been given this gift twice. I was just making a restless peace (?) with the fact that I was not ever going to hear live music again that made me feel as free and light as the Dead had. And then a friend put me on Dark Star's path. I am elated:)

I will see this band as long as I can no matter what type of venue they play in, but I'm thrilled that it's still small. There's nothing like dancing in the sun with 110,000 other souls at JFK (which, sadly, is no more), but I don't miss waiting for 20 mins to get in and out of parking lots. I don't miss the mad rush for tickets. i don't envy the people today who have to pay $118 for nosebleed seats at whatever bank sponsered place is holding a concert. And I certainly don't miss seeing some JO out in the parking lot selling heroin to kids, while inside, the walls of the hallways are lined with young people sitting on the floor, slumped over and looking like they need the local ER on standby.

I really appreciate that when i go to see DSO, pretty much everyone there loves the band, loves the music, and just cares all the way around. I'm proud to be a part of it. These guys are terrific musicians. They have filled and empty space for me, and then some! I hope that all of their professional dreams are fulfilled, I just wish that could be done in a place that holds 2,000:)

THIS is exactly how I feel...you nailed it! Thanks for sharing..

YES !! Thanks DSO!!!

• Forum MVP

... i love these small venues. .....I feel so fortunate to have found DSO. ..... no matter what type of venue they play in, but I'm thrilled that it's still small. .... pretty much everyone there loves the band, loves the music, and just cares all the way around. I'm proud to be a part of it. These guys are terrific musicians. They have filled and empty space for me, and then some! I hope that all of their professional dreams are fulfilled, I just wish that could be done in a place that holds 2,000:)

Jen expressed so well. I'm sure many of us have very simular feelings....Yes, DSO making it really big time would make us all feel proud and put more gas in the tank for their bus but we would loss that comfort of being able to have a close family ...in a really big show we would be searching for friends amoung the millions.

Peace and Love,

Doc

Archived