Hello fellow heads

Cosmic Mike

Hi everyone! My name is Mike. I'm a senior at college in Buffalo studying math and economics. I will be graduating in the spring and I'm moving to DC to work as an economics consultant a few months after graduation. I enjoy many things, but most of all I enjoy the Grateful Dead.

Here are the shows I'm going to:

Nov 15 Toronto, On

Nov 16 Buffalo, NY

Nov 17 Buffalo, NY

Nov 21 Penn's Peak, PA?

Nov 25 Syracuse, NY

Dec 05 Albany, NY

Dec 28 Baltimore, NY

Dec 29 Philadelphia, Pa

Dec 30 Huntington, NY

Dec 31 Huntington, NY

• Forum MVP

Hey Cosmic Mike > Welcome!

Congrats on your impending graduation! The DC area is great and I am hopeful it is good to you as you get your career going in earnest.

Looks like you have quite a slate of shows on tap this fall - they all should be barn burners > especially the New Years run! You are one lucky duck there.

Hope to see you down the road! As I say to 'new' folks that pop up here, Don't be a Stranger > Just feel like one :)

BTW - you were born 1 day before one of the greatest Dead shows I ever attended. Take a listen:

http://archive.org/d...r.109289.flac16

Peace!

Ed

Welcome mike. you'll probably see a bunch of us at those shows. me among them.. money providing. you can also check out the fall tour thread where a bunch of us are posting what shows we are doing.

haha chuck maybe he should hold off on 930 club until after he decides he likes dc...

Thanks for such a kind welcoming everyone! I look forward to seeing all you guys on the road. I have extra tickets for each night, so if anyone needs a miracle just let me know! (This does include the new years run).

Looks like you have quite a slate of shows on tap this fall - they all should be barn burners > especially the New Years run! You are one lucky duck there.

Hope to see you down the road! As I say to 'new' folks that pop up here, Don't be a Stranger > Just feel like one :)

BTW - you were born 1 day before one of the greatest Dead shows I ever attended. Take a listen:

http://archive.org/d...r.109289.flac16

I'm loving this show so far; such great energy!

If you want to get a jump start on life in DC you should take in the 9:30 Club. It may be a bit of a haul from Buffalo but that venue is an experience you won't easily forget.

Over the summer I actually lived in DC and interning at the firm I'm going to start working for. I've been told many a good things about 9:30 club and heard many phenomenal shows on archive from that venue. While I was in DC I got to check out a John Kadlecik show in tribute of Jerry's birthday at The Hamilton. It was a very awesome show. I have some friends out in DC and was going to do both 9:30 shows, but it ends up we are hosting a party at my house on one of those nights.

• Forum MVP

<<< I have extra tickets for each night, so if anyone needs a miracle just let me know! (This does include the new years run).>>>

Quite an offer there! You'll have no shortage of friends with miracle offerings :) have a blast on your run and enjoy GD music as it was meant to be played. I am sure you'll run into some kind folks along the way.

Glad you like the McNichols show. So many highlights including the DEAL, China>Rider and especially the Aiko > Dark Star > Terrapin. 3rd row in front of Jerry was quite a sight!

JK plays DC and Falls Church a bunch and puts on some very good gigs. Enjoy!

• Forum MVP

Hi everyone! My name is Mike. I'm a senior at college in Buffalo studying math and economics. I will be graduating in the spring and I'm moving to DC to work as an economics consultant a few months after graduation. I enjoy many things, but most of all I enjoy the Grateful Dead.

Nov 15 Toronto, On

Nov 16 Buffalo, NY

Nov 17 Buffalo, NY

Nov 21 Penn's Peak, PA?

Nov 25 Syracuse, NY

Dec 05 Albany, NY

Dec 28 Baltimore, NY

Dec 29 Philadelphia, Pa

Dec 30 Huntington, NY

Dec 31 Huntington, NY

JEALOUS!!!! Too long a haul for me :/

• Forum MVP

Nov 15 Toronto, On

Nov 16 Buffalo, NY

Nov 17 Buffalo, NY

Nov 21 Penn's Peak, PA?

Nov 25 Syracuse, NY

Dec 05 Albany, NY

Dec 28 Baltimore, NY

Dec 29 Philadelphia, Pa

Dec 30 Huntington, NY

Dec 31 Huntington, NY

Wow, man,,,your fun factor is soon to be spiking hard!!!

Have a blast,,,,and don't get too limbered up as it may lead you to leave your economics degree to go off and live in a dome in the golden hills of California...

Enjoy the ride!!

JEALOUS!!!! Too long a haul for me :/

Yeah it should be a lot of fun. Thankfully all those days work out around my school days perfectly, so I just decided to go for it.

Wow, man,,,your fun factor is soon to be spiking hard!!!

Have a blast,,,,and don't get too limbered up as it may lead you to leave your economics degree to go off and live in a dome in the golden hills of California...

Enjoy the ride!!

A dome in the golden hills of California? Haha I love the music more than anything, but I really like traveling and math so I can't drop those if I want to lead the life I want to live. That is, the examined life.

• Forum MVP

HEY now! welcome, Mike! we just found out we will def be at the 4 nights of the new years run so keep in touch and lets meet up! Mango and I love meeting people who find their way to the forums!!!

And what IslandBro said about finding yourself in a dome in the golden hills of california as a hazard of dancing to this band too much.... well....... AMEN to that! ;) flying from west to east for new years is gonna be fun, couldn't let Napa be our last show of the year, that would be a tease and we know they will deliver!

HEY now! welcome, Mike! we just found out we will def be at the 4 nights of the new years run so keep in touch and lets meet up! Mango and I love meeting people who find their way to the forums!!!

And what IslandBro said about finding yourself in a dome in the golden hills of california as a hazard of dancing to this band too much.... well....... AMEN to that! ;) flying from west to east for new years is gonna be fun, couldn't let Napa be our last show of the year, that would be a tease and we know they will deliver!

Yeah I will definitely keep in touch for the New Years run! I'm super pumped for it and glad to hear you will be there. Down to get groovy with some west coast heads for sure. I'll PM you as the New Years tour comes up.

Archived