What are you guys doing for winter/spring tours?

Cosmic Mike

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my plans have really been squashed by this new job. chuck i feel your pain.

but im def doing

milwaukee

chicago

all colorado dates

jamaica

and im hopeful for either san fran shows or the portland/seattle run

but who knows. only having weekends off makes it hard to travel east and catch more than just a saturday show with the time zone difference.

• Forum MVP

status change

tickets purchased for colo ( need flight still ) , sweetwater, and great american. Not foolin around with sell outs, especially if Phil is comin out again

if all goes well i'll make to augora(i guess riverside too) and Oregon(which would naturally include eureka..)

• Forum MVP

Vegas,

Book your flight. Jen says she found cheap ones available to you. All flights work for me as long as they don't interfere with a comfortable showtime arrival. I will pick you up rain, sleet, or snow. Day or night. Yes thats right. I went public. Your in!

• Forum MVP

It tickles me to death to see and know that there are some good travelers here. It was last year I first found DSO, and have been trying to get myself to more shows. Touring for me now is a lot more difficult than 25 years ago, and has proven much more expensive:{

Honestly, and I wish I moved faster, but the birth of mulitples slowed me down-----Jamica is a great deal for what you get, and I am just talking about the muisc!!

So happy to get 3days this Feb----VA---NC, with special excitement for the Ashville show. It gets me the furthiest from cyring babies and hungry dogs, and a wife who is concerned that I have now rediscoverd this wonderful experience.

Winters are now much brighter for me!!

• 2 weeks later...

I had an egg and cheese breakast sandwich in one hand and an apple in the other. The kind woman who always works the register and is a veternan usher at the Colonial Theatre in Keene, NH said, "I got an email yesterday asking for the volunteers to sign-up for Dark Star Orchestra in May. I think it is a Wednesday night at the beginning of the month."

{{ My knees buckled. }}

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

Well I'll be dipped in shit.  Now THAT is news for us Marinites!

I see Sweetwater is sold out already for the following night.  About the same capacity as TXR, but without the "how could Phil not join the fun in his own house?" factor, and that only took a few weeks to sell.  The TXR tickets could go in days...

• Forum MVP

Well I'll be dipped in shit.  Now THAT is news for us Marinites!

I see Sweetwater is sold out already for the following night.  About the same capacity as TXR, but without the "how could Phil not join the fun in his own house?" factor, and that only took a few weeks to sell.  The TXR tickets could go in days...

I think your right and then some !!!

• Forum MVP

Will I See Any Familiar Faces In Orlando And Ft.Lauderdale Shows?

Jerry!!! Wish I was going to be one of those familiar faces. Torin and Bix are doing all I think. Have fun, good to see ya around these parts!

I was wondering if any of you DSO veterans could shed some light on the venues for the Spring East Coast Tour. Does anyone have any favorites? I know Penn's Peak is a favorite and for good reason, for I had an amazing time there Thanksgiving Eve. I happen to be finishing final exams week right when the tour starts. I know I'll be doing Penn's Peak, Verona, and Port Chester. Sadly I have my graduation during Mighty High otherwise I'd definitely be doing that too.

I was wondering if any of you DSO veterans could shed some light on the venues for the Spring East Coast Tour. Does anyone have any favorites? I know Penn's Peak is a favorite and for good reason, for I had an amazing time there Thanksgiving Eve. I happen to be finishing final exams week right when the tour starts. I know I'll be doing Penn's Peak, Verona, and Port Chester. Sadly I have my graduation during Mighty High otherwise I'd definitely be doing that too.

I really like the Wellmont in Montclair, even though there are some folks who have complained about the sound, no re-entry policy, etc. Personally, I have had nothing but great times there, and I find the acoustics to be pretty good, even from the balcony, and the staff has always been polite and helpful when needed. To be sure, the place can get more than its share of rowdy drunks, but that could happen at any venue that serves booze. I have yet to see a show at the re-born Capitol Theatre in Port Chester, but I have heard good things about it. I'll bet the band is stoked to be playing in such a hallowed hall!

• Forum MVP

Looks as though The Wellmont was substituted for the McCarter. Not a big fan of the Wellmont at all, although the resturaunts around the venue are great. Really going to miss the annual May show in Princeton, site of Jeff's 1st show with the band. Such a good vibe there with really laid back security, lax policies, and very good sound.  Everything the Wellmont doesn't have. 

• 2 weeks later...

I only made 2 of the first 6 shows I said I might go to earlier in this thread. Unless I pull a last minute, west coast is out too.  So its time to start talking about shows I probably won't make after the west coast. :) 

I want to go to the Jubilee and the Port Chester shows.  Excuses why I don't make it will come later.  

If you don't daydream it, it makes it even harder to go.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

It has become clear to me today that I have become not-dancing enough fat and that I have not read the forums often enough lately. Damn the days between with their lessons and drama and needs and grrrrr that money thing and the govt and the corporations and the news and why do I feel so comfortable with it all? because of the deep and constantly swelling rage that I sometimes let crash (um, sorry if it was on you once or twice, whoever or are) but because of THIS MUSIC get to sit back and smile smile smile out with the quiet yet explosive knowledge that I as never alone, because this music holds the golden ticket of the last show you saw so my heart can be opened with the key of the next one always waiting for me in the horizon.

Aka: its been too long and I need DSO. CO shows and the new job should let me make it to the jubilee, I just can't imagine myself not there.

I can't help buy incessantly present my deep gratefulness to these musicians for doing what they do. It's nice to have something to always look forward to that never disappoints and always gleefully surprises.

Kisses and love!!!!!!

It has become clear to me today that I have become not-dancing enough fat and that I have not read the forums often enough lately. Damn the days between with their lessons and drama and needs and grrrrr that money thing and the govt and the corporations and the news and why do I feel so comfortable with it all? because of the deep and constantly swelling rage that I sometimes let crash (um, sorry if it was on you once or twice, whoever or are) but because of THIS MUSIC get to sit back and smile smile smile out with the quiet yet explosive knowledge that I as never alone, because this music holds the golden ticket of the last show you saw so my heart can be opened with the key of the next one always waiting for me in the horizon.

Aka: its been too long and I need DSO. CO shows and the new job should let me make it to the jubilee, I just can't imagine myself not there.

I can't help buy incessantly present my deep gratefulness to these musicians for doing what they do. It's nice to have something to always look forward to that never disappoints and always gleefully surprises.

Kisses and love!!!!!!

careful with that "not dancing enough fat"

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

99% in (I'm going)

Fri Feb 1 Pabst Theatre Milwaukee WI

Sat. Feb 2 Vic Theatre Chicago IL

Fri Feb 15 Orange Peel Asheville, NC

Sat Feb 16 The Fillmore Charlotte, NC

Fri-Mon March 1 - 4 Breezes Grand Resort and Spa Negril, Jamaica

Thu. March 28 Vilar Center Beaver Creek, CO

Fri Mar 29 Wheeler Opera House (Aspen, CO)

Sat Mar 30 Ogden Theatre (Denver, CO)

Wed April 10 Sweetwater Music Hall Mill Valley, CA

Thu April 11 - Sat April 13 Great American Music Hall SF, CA

Thu April 18 - Fri April 19 Crystal Ballroom Portland, OR

50/50 (I will be at a few of these)

Mon April 15 Eureka Theatre Eureka, CA

Wed April 17 McDonald Theatre Eugene, OR

Sat April 20 Seattle, Wa

Thu Feb 14 The National Richmond, VA

Sun Feb 17 Variety Playhouse Atlanta, GA

Tues Feb 19 Vinyl Music Hall Pensacola FL

Thu Feb 21 Ferguson Hall Tampa, FL

Tue Feb 26 Revolution Hall Fort Lauderdale, FL

Fuck Adverbs. I'm playing the percentages.

Mike, if your coming to CO, get in touch. Your more than welcome to stay with me.

Well my schedule got totally fucked.  My eyes we're much bigger than stomach in this case.  Only NorCal date I will make is the crossroads.  I will still catch Portland.  Asheville and Charlotte didn't work out.  No GAMH, but on the brighter side of things, East Coast May looks to hold much more in store for me than I was originally anticipating.  Can't wait for the Colorado gigs.  Jamaica held me over for awhile, but I'm def ready to dance, spin, and laugh the night away with the DSO again.

Archived