Throwing Stones>

Morning Dew

Satisfaction 

Sunrise

New Speedway Boogie>

Nobody’s Fault But Mine>

New Speedway Boogie

Johnny B. Goode

I might have some of the first set mixed up, couldn’t remember the order. It was really good to get out and see the band, they sounded wonderful, they sounded fired up and delivered an amazing performance of every song. No rust on these guys at all considering their last show was in February.  Cold Rain and Snow felt so good 🥰. Looks Like Rain and Bird Song were highlights.

Help>Slip>Franklin’s found my tender feet begging for mercy, after battering them the entire first set after not seeing a show since November. Mission in the Rain brought on a downpour of light rain, with the crew scrambling to cover stuff up. Throwing Stones was delivered with heartfelt conviction, Morning Dew was perfect. Satisfaction ended with Eaton talking about everyone’s duty to vote, to which Barraco brilliantly interjected as Pigpen “...or you ain’t gonna get no satisfaction.” Sounded great with the Pigpen vocals on there in Satisfaction. Extended encore set, Nobody’s Fault was cool to sneak into New Speedway and smoothly back out, with the band laying out one more fast one at the end on Johnny B. Goode.

This venue was good, it felt like a real show, not watered down in the least bit. The event was run really well, people were mostly good about social distancing, but the venue allowed for ample space for people to be out and dancing, and I left everything I could out there pounded into the gravel, it felt so good to dance again❤️❤️

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thanks (+1) 2

While my experience at this show couldn't be any more different than the show at the Wiltern last February it was great to be back on the bus.  Instead of the sweaty L.A. dance-a-thon with Chuck, Mango, and Scotty I spent most of last night's show with one eye on my ipad and the other on my two-year old, making sure she didn't get into mischief.  It will probably be a long time before I get on a plane to see DSO again but I'm happy to support the band and get my fix virtually until the darkness fades.  Stones, Dew, and Mission in the Rain were highlights, and there were a few times I couldn't help but dance around my house caught up in the bliss of the moment.  Luckily my wife is used to this behavior by now. 😉

• Like (+1) 5