Dark Star Jubilation, May 28-29, Legend Valley

Hardpan

DSO just announced a pair of socially distanced DSO shows on May 28-29, to go on sale this Friday at 10am est. 8x8 pods to hold 2-5 patrons each, $40-85 per person per night, I’m guessing based on number attendees per pod, $150 camping fee, for what they say are very limited camping spaces. I’m gonna get a ticket for me and Jake when they go on sale with camping, excited at the prospect of distantly gathering there with some of your fine folks. I’m sure this will sell out very quickly, especially if you want to camp, so be ready on Friday 😃

• Like (+1) 5

Would be nice if they could have pulled off a third night, for the distances some will have to travel, but I agree that these shows will be smoking. Depending on what else they do this spring, this may or may not line up with show #3000, they’re at 2994 right now. 

• Like (+1) 2

• Forum MVP

We may go but will hotel it if we do it. I guess there will be plenty of tickets with no camping in the bowl as they can probably sell it to the fence. I was surprised how many people at jubilee came more for some of the other bands than dso. Talked to people who came for hot tuna, yonder, billy strings etc. I think it will be a hot ticket for Columbus peeps. I bet camping is limited because it will take from parking spots. Unfortunately I can’t commit at this point but know i can’t camp in case it’s cold with the rugrat. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Dead duck said:

Wonder what area the camping will be. Like jubilee VIP camping area or former car camping area from past jubilees? Looks like the whole field will be pods. Maybe like up behind the tree line? 

I sent an email asking about this. I was thinking maybe where RV camping took place. They didn’t specify the location, but said each camping space is 15x30 feet, and that each site will be allowed to have one vehicle on it. All your gear and your car has to fit inside the 15x30 space. We are just gonna squeeze in there with two small tents, a canopy and my truck. I replied by saying that the camping space is small to include a vehicle if you have your campsite and pod maxed out with six people who may not all want to share a tent, hopefully they’re a little lenient with the borders of the sites. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

• Forum MVP
1 minute ago, Hardpan said:

I sent an email asking about this. I was thinking maybe where RV camping took place. They didn’t specify the location, but said each camping space is 15x30 feet, and that each site will be allowed to have one vehicle on it. All your gear and your car has to fit inside the 15x30 space. We are just gonna squeeze in there with two small tents, a canopy and my truck. I replied by saying that the camping space is small to include a vehicle if you have your campsite and pod maxed out with six people who may not all want to share a tent, hopefully they’re a little lenient with the borders of the sites. 

Thanks. Size shouldn’t be an issue for us. Just me and my 2 boys, my truck, tent and ez-up. I was mainly curious if we’d be able to hear from camp during the day and late night. No biggie either way. Can’t freakin wait. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Dead duck said:

Thanks. Size shouldn’t be an issue for us. Just me and my 2 boys, my truck, tent and ez-up. I was mainly curious if we’d be able to hear from camp during the day and late night. No biggie either way. Can’t freakin wait. 

Hopefully we’ll get more info soon. Hope to meet you there. Where’s your pod located? We got row K, pod 190, looks like just to the left and in front of the soundboard.

• 2 months later...

About two weeks ago my oldest child's High School belatedly announced graduation details for the Jubilation weekend I already purchased tickets for. Due to covid limitations, we can't have family come from out of town, so I'm going to do what any sensible person would do: both! Arrive Friday, enjoy the show, then I'll leave at 5:00 am on Saturday morning, attend graduation in KY, and then get back before DSO plays again Saturday night.

I've been needing some middle aged excitement so I'm looking forward to it

• Forum MVP
8 minutes ago, LangeradoSoul said:

About two weeks ago my oldest child's High School belatedly announced graduation details for the Jubilation weekend I already purchased tickets for. Due to covid limitations, we can't have family come from out of town, so I'm going to do what any sensible person would do: both! Arrive Friday, enjoy the show, then I'll leave at 5:00 am on Saturday morning, attend graduation in KY, and then get back before DSO plays again Saturday night.

Talk to Dead duck.

Praise DSO.

• Like (+1) 2

• Forum MVP
3 hours ago, LangeradoSoul said:

My sons school did the same thing. We are still hashing out the details but he plans on being at both nights shows and graduation Saturday morning 

• Like (+1) 1

Dead Duck, if you are camping at Legend Valley for the shows, the staff told me that when we arrive, to not park at the campsite, or we won't be able to leave on Saturday. So, park in the parking lot, trek to the campsite, and then you'll be able to leave Saturday morning.

• Thanks (+1) 1

• Forum MVP
1 hour ago, LangeradoSoul said:

Dead Duck, if you are camping at Legend Valley for the shows, the staff told me that when we arrive, to not park at the campsite, or we won't be able to leave on Saturday. So, park in the parking lot, trek to the campsite, and then you'll be able to leave Saturday morning.

Thanks man. I thought this may be a issue. We are indeed camping. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Rude said:

What’s with all this Memorial Day graduation nonsense. In my area all graduations are the weekend before. 

My wife and I said the same thing. She had a trip to Texas planned for the same week and I was hitting the Jubilee and we found out not too many weeks ago. Why would anyone want to steal a holiday weekend for something like graduation?

Our son is awesome-we couldn't be more proud, but....weekend before makes much more sense :)

• Like (+1) 2