The new sensible concert model

Rude

15 hours ago, Mango said:

And so many times in the past you've found it necessary to be so outspoken and judgemental.  

If there is one thing I have learned about myself over the past few years, it's that I am utterly exhausted with Righteous and Judgmental political "experts" on both sides of the spectrum.  And to my dismay....it seems like everyone is convinced they are an "expert" these days.

COVID-19 has challenged the ideals of Individual Freedom vs. Civic Responsibility in an unprecedented fashion.  I wish more people would try and understand that those with a different opinion are not wrong.  They just have different priorities and ideals. 

At election time, I made a similar post to the one Mango made yesterday which suggested that political stuff be kept off this forum.  Everyone is so politically charged these days. Reasonable political discourse cannot happen without the conversation deteriorating into keypad combat.  

I miss the days when everyone watched the 6:30 national news and/or read a newspaper.....and that was it.  News was real and without too much spin, and people were left to think for themselves and formulate their own opinions.  These days.....it seems a majority of people are dialed into their 24 hour/day Opinion networks, listening to one-sided political podcasts, and immersed in the political culture wars.  As a result, so many are overly confident of their Righteousness that they have convinced themselves they are entitled to any platform or pedestal from which they choose to shout their glorious knowledge.

24 hour cable news/opinion has essentially eliminated the center.  Once upon a time, it seemed like most of the people I knew had views and opinions that fell on both sides of the political spectrum..... and by extension, a willingness to listen and try to understand what others think.  Not anymore!  Everyone is so polarized and RIGHT!  I hope something puts and end to the culture wars from which our country suffers from right now.  But I see no end in sight.  

Sorry Rude.....you have found a way to extoll your political views in so many non-relevant forums over the past few years that your message has become confusing and hateful.  You have so convinced yourself that you are on the right side of the fight for human rights and the well-being of your fellow man, that you have forgotten that those who disagree with you may have relevant opinions and are also your fellow-man.  RESPECT is one of the highest virtues.

Sorry Billy De Lyon.....if you have convinced yourself that the efforts of Bill Gates to help the world overcome this pandemic over the past year are in any way sinister, misled, or part of a greater conspiracy........then you are the one who is following the "playbook".  The plays are different than the ones that you are so prepared to defend yourself against.  But make no mistake about it....you are following a "playbook" that has been served to you on a platter.  And it is a ridiculous playbook aimed at  keeping you in a specific side of this culture war.  Stay in that camp all you want.....but those of us who can see the forest through the trees recognize that you have become a puppet. 

I don't judge those who take a vaccine or don't take it.  There are so many people I know and respect who are choosing against it, that I have no choice but to try to listen and understand.  I manage a large farm with 200 people working here.  They come from numerous backgrounds and situations.  I held a large vaccination event here last week and was genuinely surprised at how many people choose not to get vaccinated and their reasoning.  I am fully vaccinated and do wish the whole world would follow-suit.  But I also recognize that at the core of this discussion is still an aspect of choice in regards to what you put in your body.  If I had to guess Rude.....you are a staunch defender of choice in other areas.  Perhaps you can use that same logic to at least not be hateful to those who feel differently than you.

Again, I don't judge those who take a vaccine or don't take it.  But Billy D,  if you have become convinced that you would be a "bill gates guinea pig" by taking this vaccine, then you have become a pawn in the culture war.  And to that extent, I also harbor some of Rude's anger.  Take it or don't take it....but  there is a lot of garbage on the airways that has convinced people of that nonsense.  And that is the sort of garbage......ON BOTH SIDES.....that is at the root of what ails this country.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Well if I'm a puppet and and a pawn, then you're a cantaloupe or half eggplant.

What I am is a free thinker.  You can try to put whatever label you want on me.  All I wanted to do was respond to this thread because I heard a lot of hate coming from a couple people for a while.  I'm not on any sides and I don't appreciate being labelled anything.  If you're so well informed do you know anything about things like The American Eugenics Society?  Read up on people like Francis Galton and Margaret Sanger.  There are evil people in this world.  Evil people who want to get rid of a lot of us useless eaters who they think are inferior to them.  And these people have the wealth and contacts to do it.  If I saw someone breaking into my neighbors house looking to rob or kill them I'd let them know, sound the alarm if you will.  Anything you don't feel like researching or are afraid to admit is happening you just keep calling "conspiracy theories" bury your head in the sand and hope it goes away.  Where do you think this ends?  We're talking covid passports, cashless society, mandatory vaccines, armed A.I. robots patrolling the streets, people getting arrested for not wearing a mask.  Who wants to live like that?  It's the worst Sci-Fi movie on steroids.  Open you eyes man, it's already happening all across the world in Europe, Australia right now, and it's not by accident.  Look into the people who made all these decisions.  Bilderberg Group, World Economic Forum (Davos Group), look into Event 201, Crimson Contagion, Operation Lockstep, and Disease X drill.  All these things that happen.  They've not been made up, & they're not "conspiracy theories".  They are Facts.  I deal in facts.  And just because Bill Gates wears a pink sweater and tells us he loves us doesn't make him a good person.  Ever ask yourself why a retired computer geek is so worried about injecting every person on the planet with a shot?  Don't take my word for it, I suggest everyone do their own research.  I doubt you will though.  It's a lot easier to just stick with name calling from your high horse.  But I challenge you to call me a liar that the Bill and Melinda Gates foundation hasn't given millions of funding to the WHO, CDC, NIH.  Or how Gate's dad and IBM worked with the Nazis to help facilitate genocide through punch cards.  These are not good people.  When I see bad things happening around me I tend to warn others.  There I'm done commenting on this stuff.  This isn't a political or medical forum.  I'll be sticking strictly to Grateful Dead on any future comments going forward.  Just felt like I had to respond after being falsely accused of being a pinocchio

Much Love

Praise DSO

bg3.jpg.1907e0411071d6ea697da70ecc3a16db.jpg

Edited by Billy DeLyon

• 4 weeks later...

Vaccine passports? Why not tatoo a government bar code on your forehead?

For the life of me I don't understand the Deadheads who would line up for anything from the government. Remember "Question Authority"? Once you give in to the man, you're done. I'm from the era of do what you want as long as it doesn't bother anybody, if it does they can leave. That's what most adults do when confronted with idiots. Most of you would'nt go to a Dead show in the 70's because they ate meat, owned lots of guns, sang songs about the Bible or history. In fact you should all hate the Dead, traveling around in jets that belched black smoke, Garcia driving a Bentley, Weir's favorite pollution factory was a '63 Vette, and nobody was lecturing you how to live or trying to get money for some NGO. I loved those days pure music and fun. Even Madison Ave used joy instead of fear to sell products. Right now my best friend of 55years, is struggling to walk, has tremors, recurring fever of 104F, and his cognitive and speaking skills are rapidly fading after getting the vaccine 2 months ago. Now waiting for insurance to approve DNA profiling while he's circling the drain. Where's the government for him?

Just a note on mRNA vaccines, since 1989 Big Pharma has tested and tried to approval for mRNA vaccines using 8 million Americans

as test subjects. In 42 years the FDA hasn't approved one of the thousands of different vaccines they tried, yet non-disclosure agreements prevent the survivors of those 8 million Americas from speaking out about dead or injured test subjects. Trump slid this past all responsible advising panels, Faucci gets paid for every vaccine given just cause his name is on all the patents. By the way he holds a lot of patents and that money should go into the government as he is closing on being worth $500,000,000.00.

Yeah! I'm gonna jump in line to take something that's experimental (can't sue) and alters your DNA forever. Just like all the future vaccines they'll make mandatory if this works. Fuck that shit, I'm a Free Human and will do what I want with My body.

As I say, "You do what you want, you never listen to me anyway no point in starting now. You know how you are Your way or noway, far be it for me to have an opinion around here."

41 minutes ago, Hardpan said:

Wow, Jerry drove a Bentley? Got my second dose today

Right after the American Beauty/Workingman's checks came in and before the Movie.

God bless & Good Luck to you Hardpan on the Shot

• Forum MVP

I think we all need a Zappa show, can't believe it's been almost 30 years since he passed away and add another 5 years since his last tour back in 1988. 

Ugly Radio Rebellion Band out of Michigan does magic with Zappa material. They are supposedly getting ready to do some shows ??

• Haha (+1) 1

• Forum MVP
18 minutes ago, jerryjudy said:

Right after the American Beauty/Workingman's checks came in and before the Movie.

pretty sure he doesn’t need good luck since maybe 1 person in 150m died from the vaccine. 

it’s hilarious that everyone on this board had so many vaccines in their life but of course the rise of QAnon and other nonsense is causing people to lose their minds. I just had my baby indoctrinated with the liberal vaccines like tdap, mmr, rotavirus. He’s about to get the fascist polio vaccine. I know. It’s child abuse. Where was Q when I was a kid to keep me safe. 

50 minutes ago, jerryjudy said:

I checked it out, there’s a list of his rides I gotta further check out, pretty cool. Thanks, and I didn’t mean to be glib in the face of the adverse reaction your friend is having to the vaccine. I hope he recovers soon and well ❤️

200 Motels is on cable the last month.

Forget politics, it'll mess u up!

1. I'm with the 230 million Americans who don't vote cause they want your vote but not your opinion. Hasn't changed.

2. This is a shot that changes your DNA, which occurs naturally over ten's of thousands of years.

3. LSD doesn't change DNA like the gov sez.

4. Do you eat GMO products, not including corn which was altered 5000 years ago?

5. If you are the type that sez, "there ought to be a law against that", then you are part of the problem.

6. I don't want the shot, I will speak my mind, I travel as I please, and I have/will associate/shake hands/hug/kiss with the many people I love. They can wear a mask if they want, but no lectures. A few of us got a 2 day flu last year, but only my best friend who had to get the shot for work is suffering. 

7 They have no idea what it will do in human reproduction.

8. Again, mRNA vaccines were proposed for FDA approval, tested on only 8 million Americans in 42 years, and none were passed. Why do dogs have a Lyme vaccine for ten years and we don't? Where's the HIV vaccine? It ain't easy to make non-Live Virus vaccines.

9. I have Great genes! Average age of death for my Family in 1500 was 95 years while the rest of the population was 32 years. Only Scarlet fever made my Great-Grandparents deaf-mutes, but G-G'Ma (non-Family) made 90 years, G-G'Pa made it 93.

Now for the wacky stuff, Trump, Cuomo & Company did the flu and vaccine to cut down the Social Security payments. How's that for what the mask wearers were saying at the deli yesterday.

Oh! For those who are wondering, for the first month I wore an APR (air purifying Respirator) with organic/HEPE cartridges on it. Then about April, Faucci said face masks don't protect the wearer. Which I knew because I had 240 people at work that I had to train, equip, do spirometry, and have a MD check them for leaks (you know...The White Gloved Howdy!!!) Only the 95 to 99% masks that are worn as directed with the above medical testing annually can wear one of these. The masks most wear are only to keep Doctors drool out of the surgical field. So I haven't worn one since and I ignore any comments in Shop-Rite.

• Forum MVP
On 5/4/2021 at 2:54 PM, Rude said:

pretty sure he doesn’t need good luck since maybe 1 person in 150m died from the vaccine. 

Check facts please...Covid 10x more lethal than flu shot based on same criteria to date...source VERSA. Still quite low but much higher than 1 in 150x 10 to the 6 th. Also, almost all other vaccines had 10 to 15 years of perhaps too rigorous testing before approval.

Hesitancy is an arguably reasonable position not to be mocked or shamed.

I heard of the Bentley before.

• Forum MVP

Back on topic,  I think it's pretty simple. Pick a date,  say July 1, and go back to normal shows. By then everyone who wants to get vaccinated will have had the chance. Those that don't, understand the risk and can take that risk if they want to go to a show

• Like (+1) 3

• Forum MVP
1 hour ago, bs69 said:

Back on topic,  I think it's pretty simple. Pick a date,  say July 1, and go back to normal shows. By then everyone who wants to get vaccinated will have had the chance. Those that don't, understand the risk and can take that risk if they want to go to a show

While I agree that those who don’t or do understand risk have right to take it...it ain’t me...it’s people that say...CDC leading people astray.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/5/2021 at 9:33 AM, Billy DeLyon said:

Sorry, my freedom doesn't come from getting a gene therapy shot for a "virus" that has a 99.98% survival rate.  I'll do what I please when I please, that's how non slaves operate.  I don't wear face diapers that don't protect you again viruses and it has nothing to do with Trump, it's called common sense.  If I feel sick or have the flu I don't go out to sporting events or concerts.  My immune system has worked my entire life and it will continue to do so without becoming a genetically modified human or a Bill Gates guinea pig, but to each their own.

download.jfifUnavailable

Seek help.

• Forum MVP

So my sensible concert model is being implemented by Deadco. Pit for vaccinated. They are calling it the dead and co model. So much for it being called the Rude model. 

• Forum MVP
On 5/17/2021 at 3:34 PM, Mason's Child said:

How are people okay with this?  Medical information and your medical record is private.  So unless your saying they take my word for it then how is not illegal, immoral?  

you aren’t required to go pit. Schools require vaccinations for kindergarteners. A business can require shoes and shirt and mask or any other dress code or whatever. They could so no one with long hair can enter. It is their concert and they can do as they please. It’s your right not to attend. 

• Forum MVP

There was a time that i could deny entry based on the color of your skin. Just cause it exist doesn’t make it ok. 

I’m not ok with mandatory vaccinations for school either. 

Medical information is private. Medical information is different then dress code. And I’m sure some people even object to that but I’m not a nudist. 

• Forum MVP
1 hour ago, Rude said:

you aren’t required to go pit. Schools require vaccinations for kindergarteners. Abusiness can require shoes and shirt and mask or any other dress code or whatever. They could so no one with long hair can enter. It is their concert and they can do as they please. It’s your right not to attend. 

So if you don’t have vax in school why  don’t they let you just sit in the back? Wheres Rosa Parks when you need her?

Mask no mask, inside, outside, vax, no vax, 6ft, 3ft, wipe, don’t wipe, elderly, children...I’m all confused!

I can see the Rockettes if they come to Indiana but not at Radio City.
You can call this song....

• Forum MVP

From DSO

PS: we know many states and areas are 'opening up' and many of you ask 'Why are you not playing 'normal' concerts?' - the most simple answer is that shows in 'this era' need to be planned - and are confirmed - well in advance. The restrictions in place at the time these shows are booked are likely not the same covid-19 conditions that exist now. Please be patient as we are doing our best to perform for you and as the country transitions slowly back to 'normal', so will our shows! Thank you for the support during this time and we appreciate your patience as we do our best to keep the music alive and flowing. ✌️💜🎵

• Forum MVP

Glad they at least acknowledge the lunacy.

Fall/winter tour should not be a problem then as there are many venues they have previously played ( hence I am on mailing list ) that are currently booking in that time frame with full capacities.

While venue may have stricter rules or even band itself, it is the “event organizer”...think Peter Shapiro...that determines the rules....according to Deer Creek (Ruhoff) website.