New Summer Dates

I attended the show the last time they played at Pat Garrett Amphitheater.  It was pouring rain the entire show.  My wife and I found a scraggly little tree to stand under.  The other 30 or so people in attendance  were not as fortunate.  Shitty weather but a decent May 1972 recreation.  Glad there coming back

• Forum MVP
6 hours ago, Billy DeLyon said:

Also was at the rain show.  If I recall Rob B. keyboard was shorting out with all the water that was dumping on it.  Haven't seen DSO in like a year and a half.  Way too long.  Thanks for the PA stop, very much looking forward to this  :dsorocks:

I love it. Rain won’t stop any of the die hards. We may turn blue during it but we won’t travel then say screw it because of rain. I think I sort of pissed off Mike Quarto at the mouse trap because I started bitching when they cancelled a Hyryder rain or shine show because of a shot of rain that never came after a 5 hour drive. Didn’t even rain and a rain or shine was cancelled. At least DSO plays the shows in the rain. 

• Forum MVP
3 minutes ago, Rude said:

I love it. Rain won’t stop any of the die hards.

A few years ago at the Sweetwater 420 Fest in Atlanta it rained cats, dogs, and frogs. The band was under a roof but at the rail we were soaked. At one point the rain changed from a downpour to dumping buckets on us and the crowd let out a mighty cheer for the storm as the band played on.

Peace and Love,

Doc

• Like (+1) 3
  • Forum MVP

That was a hard rain. But Poca was raining before and never stopped and they wouldn’t let us walk back as the trail had flooded and they bused us and we had 0 clue where we were when dropped off. We didn’t recognize anything. After a mile of walking we found it. Gr8tfulpair lost a travel partner for good and sunny turned blue literally. We had a cabin so we were lucky(thanks Amy!) but the tents were sitting in a foot of rain. That was my 2nd hurricane show lol. 

• Sad (neutral) 1
  • Forum MVP
1 hour ago, Rude said:

That was a hard rain. But Poca was raining before and never stopped and they wouldn’t let us walk back as the trail had flooded and they bused us and we had 0 clue where we were when dropped off. We didn’t recognize anything. After a mile of walking we found it. Gr8tfulpair lost a travel partner for good and sunny turned blue literally. We had a cabin so we were lucky(thanks Amy!) but the tents were sitting in a foot of rain. That was my 2nd hurricane show lol. 

We talked about that show this last weekend.  I was blue.  Hypothermic for sure.  Ron nearly died and has never been to a show since.  That was Virginia State officials at their finest.  Another one of our fine companions was taking to jail with no charges.  I think that was the last year of that Pocahontas.  That place was my first show in May of 2012.  I hopped on the bus and wow, what a long strange trip its been since. 

I have lost weight since Fredericks last year Rude.  I would of been fine then, but at that time, I was no body fat.  That rain literally knocked me out.  I was blue.  I stripped down and crawled in my sleeping bag cause we gave bunks to elders and women---right?  Was Meli with us?  I know Rebecca was there.  Cosmic--Mike--you--I--Rebecca--T(?).   Please fill in.  I do compliment your memory.  You are a bit more quicker than I, especially when I was blue and close to collapse.  That walk was horrid.  I cant believe they did that to us.  They could of drove us right to the campgrounds--instead,,,they dropped us off at the entrance to the park.   

Were you not staying with us that weekend Rude?  We had a cabin. We had a cabin the next year with a AC.   I remember AMY had a cabin, but you for sure was staying in our Cabin.  No?  Follow up... I have started a journal to document the past decade and the decade to come.  Tired of forgetting all the fun!!!  

• Forum MVP

Meili and I did a blow up queen. It was all guys besides that.Cosmic  
Mike Chris Ron you and I forget the last. We had 6-7 in that tiny cabin but we were dry. You brought that AC for the window that was epic and saved our ass. They did a poca show for many years after that right before black mountain but it was 1 night with a 6 hour drive. We all just got that big house in BM and skipped poca and hung out. I think a few went to poca and got back at 6am. 

• Like (+1) 1

BM the summer of 2016, a few of us took the 6 hr drive to Pocahontas, then drove right back after the show. Ride back had some obstacles, literally. Downpour, highway zoning, and sheriffs at the gas station we happened to choose to fill up. Thanks to MC, the three of us on that ride got back safe. 6 a.m. sounds about right.