Reschedule Albany palace theater shows covid is out of control d

MikeGonzales

• Forum MVP

I just long for the days when sticks and stones can break my bones but words can never harm me or even I may disagree with you but will fight for your right to your opinion.

According to FB….uh I mean Meta’s terms and conditions the page in question belongs to them…Not the band.

Not hard to see from this thread that divide and conquer brought to you by entrenched forces is a resounding success…for now

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

Keep politics out of Grateful Dead. Both sides are stupid and corrupt. If you fully buy into either side....well, i think it's dumb.  Never gonna solve any problems in the world so long as we allow ourselves to be polarized. Us vs. Them is actually Us vs. Ourselves. 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thanks (+1) 6

• Forum MVP
1 hour ago, Mango said:

Keep politics out of Grateful Dead. Both sides are stupid and corrupt. If you fully buy into either side....well, i think it's dumb.  Never gonna solve any problems in the world so long as we allow ourselves to be polarized. Us vs. Them is actually Us vs. Ourselves. 

Word.

Two worlds in separate solar systems. 

• Like (+1) 2

• Forum MVP

What we’re thinking about is a peaceful planet. We’re not thinking about anything else. We’re not thinking about any kind of power. We’re not thinking about any kind of struggles. We’re not thing about revolution or war or any of that. That’s not what we want. Nobody wants to get hurt. Nobody wants to hurt anybody. We would all like to be able to live an uncluttered life. A simple life, a good life. And think about moving the whole human race ahead a step, or a few steps.

Garcia

• Like (+1) 3

• Forum MVP
The donkey told the tiger, "The grass is blue."
The tiger replied, "No, the grass is green ."
The discussion became heated, and the two decided to submit the issue to arbitration, so they approached the lion.
As they approached the lion on his throne, the donkey started screaming: ′′Your Highness, isn't it true that the grass is blue?"
The lion replied: "If you believe it is true, the grass is blue."
The donkey rushed forward and continued: ′′The tiger disagrees with me, contradicts me and annoys me. Please punish him."
The king then declared: ′′The tiger will be punished with 3 days of silence."
The donkey jumped with joy and went on his way, content and repeating ′′The grass is blue, the grass is blue..."
The tiger asked the lion, "Your Majesty, why have you punished me, after all, the grass is green?"
The lion replied, ′′You've known and seen the grass is green."
The tiger asked, ′′So why do you punish me?"
The lion replied, "That has nothing to do with the question of whether the grass is blue or green. The punishment is because it is degrading for a brave, intelligent creature like you to waste time arguing with an ass, and on top of that, you came and bothered me with that question just to validate something you already knew was true!"
The biggest waste of time is arguing with the fool and fanatic who doesn't care about truth or reality, but only the victory of his beliefs and illusions. Never waste time on discussions that make no sense. There are people who, for all the evidence presented to them, do not have the ability to understand. Others who are blinded by ego, hatred and resentment, and the only thing that they want is to be right even if they aren’t.
When IGNORANCE SCREAMS, intelligence moves on.
  • Like (+1) 8

• Forum MVP

Watch what you feed your head.
evidently ….. Too much Fox News…. 🤪 Heard it playing the other day and they are STILL talking about a stolen election. Geez. Pumping out vituperation and conspiracy theory is all they do at that “news” vender. 

Sad Covid is  still a stumbling block. I hope everyone feels better soon. On the up side, what better natural immunity can you build than from true infection if you can tolerate it. Damn Covid! 

• Like (+1) 2

• Forum MVP
2 minutes ago, PoetryGirl said:

Watch what you feed your head.
evidently ….. Too much Fox News…. 🤪 Heard it playing the other day and they are STILL talking about a stolen election. Geez. Pumping out vituperation and conspiracy theory is all they do at that “news” vender. 

Sad Covid is  still a stumbling block. I hope everyone feels better soon. On the up side, what better natural immunity can you build than from true infection if you can tolerate it. Damn Covid! 

If vaccinated you cannot spread the virus….

Above from other than Fox News.

Statement still not retracted.

I guess the grass is blue after all…just ask anybody in Lexington Ky what kind of grass is growing.

Pandemic will end when everybody gets over it or dies since so called vaccine does not prevent infection or spread
.Common ground!

• Like (+1) 1

This thread is terrible, the band got sick bottom line. Let them heal and get better just like everyone else.  Most of the world at this point has gotten sick and/or vaccinated. Everyone needs to chill it’s so pathetic at this point. Telling the band to cancel shows and bringing up Communism? Goebbels?? Just stop That’s fucking ridiculous.  Just  shut up and let this shit pass so we can get back to seeing the band. 

• Like (+1) 7

• Forum MVP

I refuse to argue a red herring. 

The Covid vaccine is not like a polio vaccine or smallpox. It doesn’t confer immunity but allows your system to recognize the antigen for the attachment site of the virus to the human organism.  Any entity with the same antigen will be attacked by the human immune response. The immune response, if not overactive, helps prevent cytokine storm which turns lungs to soup.  I’ve seen pictures first handedly. Covid is new to humans because it has been transposed in some currently unknown manner to attack humans.  Coronaviruses  mutate too fast to eradicate with a vaccine. That is why the common cold that is that class of viruses is still around and no vaccine has been made! A similar process is in effect with Covid-19, in that natural occurring coronaviruses also constantly mutate like the cold virus so that these viruses are resistant to a vaccine in the long term.  The virus classes that effective vaccines have been made against do not mutate at the rate the coronaviruses and cold viruses do and those effective vaccines are not specifically directed to a single antigen like the Covid-19 vaccine, The Covid vaccine is designed to recognize and develop an immune response to the attachment antigen on the virus.
THAT is about as simple as I can explain!!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 3

• Forum MVP

Hope everyone In the band is well and can pass the test to go to Jamaica. Don’t want to see Barraco end up having to take a job as a vacuum cleaner salesman or Dino to become a horse trainer or Eaton having to run a rocknroll ski school for recent divorcees. Heard a rumor that Skip almost took a carnival job guessing peoples weights giving away Van Halen framed mirrors as the grand prize, but the band relented and booked a winter tour to keep him on board. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • LMAO 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

What Rude said (in the first sentence, above) is the key here, isn't it?  You have to test negative within three days for entry into Jamaica.  You can test all you want before that, but if you don't have a negative test in that three day window you cannot enter the country.

What happens then, if one (or more) of the band, or Cotter, or anyone else in the traveling crew tests positive?  They cancel Jamaica on three days notice?  What then for the several hundred fans who have booked airfare and the resort package?  

I'm a long time reader of the forum, I just never felt the need to join.  FWIW, 70+ shows before Jerry died.  Been on the bus since the mid seventies.

The virus is real.  800,000 people have died in the US alone.  The current spike in infections is going to dwarf past surges.  Like the common cold, IMHO we are all going to catch covid at some point, but if you are vaxed the symptoms will be mild. 

Right now, right NOW it's all about timing.  Will the band, their families and crew, and those with tickets to Jamaica all test negative within the government imposed window to allow entry into the country?  You know that everyone going on this junket will be on pins and needles until late next week when they can get their test.

So what Rude said: hope everyone is well and can pass the test.  Be well, all.  

Edited by Avl Dug
spelling
  • Like (+1) 4

On 12/28/2021 at 12:44 PM, Teacher Matt said:

Dark Star Orchestra has completely blocked me from seeing anything on there Facebook page..

that is pathetic on there part

I don't see a problem with that. I recently had to do that to someone that would smile in my face and then talk shit about me for many years now.

• Like (+1) 2

• Forum MVP

HOW REDNECK ARE YOU????   My score is 29 🤣 
Let's see just how redneck you really are. 
10 - 20: A little redneck
20 - 30: Pretty much redneck
30 - 40: Bona-fide redneck or Appalachian!! 
Have you ever...
1. Owned pellet or BB gun as a kid?  
2. Owned a real gun?   
3. Shot a real gun?
4. Gone squirrel or rabbit hunting? No
5. Gone fishing?
6. Owned or used a slingshot?  
7. Plucked a chicken/turkey? No 
8. Gathered wild ginseng? No
9. Eaten deer meat?  
10. Eaten frog legs?
11. Fed a baby farm animal with a bottle?
12. Gathered fresh eggs?
13. Driven a stick shift?
14. Started a vehicle using a manual choke?
15. Rode in the back of a pick-up truck?  No
16. Shucked corn?  
17. Waded barefoot in a creek?
18. Caught fireflies in a jar at night?  
19. Tasted wild honeysuckle?  
20. Gathered wild blackberries?  
21. Used an outhouse?  
22. Rode a horse?  
23. Smelled the scent of cured tobacco hanging in a tobacco barn?  No
24. Taken the ashes out of a wood stove or wood heater?  
25. Carried in wood?  
26. Walked barefoot down a gravel or dirt road?  
27.  Slept in a tent?
28. Been attacked by a rooster? No
29. Eaten raw apple, potato or turnip off the blade of a pocket knife?  
30. Dipped skoal or chewing tobacco or had it applied to a Bee sting?
31. Eaten homemade snow Ice Cream?
32. Used a pump to draw water from a well? No
33. Been on a hayride?
34. Jumped into a pile of raked leaves?
35. Carved your initials into a tree? No
36. Sucked on a piece of water hose to siphon gas out of a gas tank? No
37. Been shocked by an electric fence? No
38. Split wood with an ax? No
39. Hung laundry outside on a clothesline to dry?  
40. Eaten fried bologna?

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP
1 hour ago, PoetryGirl said:

HOW REDNECK ARE YOU????   My score is 29 🤣 
Let's see just how redneck you really are. 
10 - 20: A little redneck
20 - 30: Pretty much redneck
30 - 40: Bona-fide redneck or Appalachian!! 
Have you ever...
1. Owned pellet or BB gun as a kid?  
2. Owned a real gun?   
3. Shot a real gun?
4. Gone squirrel or rabbit hunting? No
5. Gone fishing?
6. Owned or used a slingshot?  
7. Plucked a chicken/turkey? No 
8. Gathered wild ginseng? No
9. Eaten deer meat?  
10. Eaten frog legs?
11. Fed a baby farm animal with a bottle?
12. Gathered fresh eggs?
13. Driven a stick shift?
14. Started a vehicle using a manual choke?
15. Rode in the back of a pick-up truck?  No
16. Shucked corn?  
17. Waded barefoot in a creek?
18. Caught fireflies in a jar at night?  
19. Tasted wild honeysuckle?  
20. Gathered wild blackberries?  
21. Used an outhouse?  
22. Rode a horse?  
23. Smelled the scent of cured tobacco hanging in a tobacco barn?  No
24. Taken the ashes out of a wood stove or wood heater?  
25. Carried in wood?  
26. Walked barefoot down a gravel or dirt road?  
27.  Slept in a tent?
28. Been attacked by a rooster? No
29. Eaten raw apple, potato or turnip off the blade of a pocket knife?  
30. Dipped skoal or chewing tobacco or had it applied to a Bee sting?
31. Eaten homemade snow Ice Cream?
32. Used a pump to draw water from a well? No
33. Been on a hayride?
34. Jumped into a pile of raked leaves?
35. Carved your initials into a tree? No
36. Sucked on a piece of water hose to siphon gas out of a gas tank? No
37. Been shocked by an electric fence? No
38. Split wood with an ax? No
39. Hung laundry outside on a clothesline to dry?  
40. Eaten fried bologna?

Well I scored 33 ....but all the green checks is Poetry Girl's since all I did was copy/paste/and just count mine.

• Forum MVP
14 minutes ago, Dead duck said:

Never drew water from a well, hunted ginseng or personally plucked a chicken. I did most/all of the others. Hillbilly AF I know. Lol

I think looking for sassafras to make tea should be in there. 

Glad Jerry was a little bit country, and a little bit rock n roll. 

Maybe add you know all the words to David Allen Coe’s Darlin song. Or you sing Hank Williams Jr song “ Country Boy will survive” more times than you can count 

• LMAO 1