2022 Fall Tour is up!

Tea
Message added by Rude,

5-BDAA9-F0-16-E9-41-C1-9900-57-EBE22890-

• Forum MVP

306791524_638416850982105_60769692450685

Dark Star Orchestra celebrates their 25th Anniversary with a Fall Tour with stops in the Midwest and Northeast this Fall, including a special 25th Anniversary Performance at The Vic in Chicago! The tour kicks off with a show at First Avenue in Minneapolis on November 3, followed by two nights at Riverside Theater in Milwaukee on November 4 & 5. Then it's back where it all started, Chicago, for a very special show at The Vic on November 11, celebrating 25 years to the day of the first ever Dark Star Orchestra show! The tour rolls on with a stop at The Pageant in St. Louis on November 12, followed by two nights at The National in Richmond on November 17 & 18, and then The NorVa in Norfolk on November 19. The bus then heads north for shows at The Grand Opera House in Wilmington, DE on November 20, XL Live in Harrisburg on November 22 and a stop at Penn's Peak in Jim Thorpe, PA on November 23. The celebration wraps up with a two night run at The Paramount in Huntington, NY on November 25 & 26.

• Forum MVP

Lots of 3 day weekend setups. Maybe that’s where the band is at these days.  

Im looking at Milwaukee as it’s my fav place to see dso. Those guys up there are nuts. Also will do the St. Louis Saturday. If there were 2 nights at the Vic we’d do it. Wish they would add a Thursday before. There’s a shot at the National but man that venue sucks. It is so ridiculously oversold you can’t move anywhere on the floor and they harass you upstairs for dancing unless behind a seat. 

• Forum MVP

I’d be in for Chicago if they added a Thursday show the night before. I hope that there will be shows added to this schedule. It seems strange there wouldn’t be any show for 5 days between Milwaukee and Chicago and Chicago could sell out 2 shows. The Vic could be in use but there are so many Chicago venues. I’d really hate to miss the Chicago 25th anniversary show though. 

i bet a ton of peeps will come in for the 25th anniversary show but it’s a 1 off show. Hmm

• Forum MVP
55 minutes ago, Walking Antique said:

Any Mass, NH, or ME dates possible?

that’s been 50% of dso tour the last year. You’ve had way more than your share. Cheers ;)

3 hours ago, Dead duck said:

I would love to do the chi town St. Louis weekend double, but Chicago is a pain in the ass travel wise for me. I’ve never seen DSO in Chicago because I have typically avoid the city the last 15 years due to cost and just being shitty to get around in general

Do the Milwaukee shows. It’s the best crowd. Amazing energy. Great place to see shows. It’s become my favorite place to see shows for the amazing crowd energy. Barraco thought people were going to fall over the balcony everyone was dancing so hard. The riverside or the Pabst are great spots. Do those. We are flying to Chicago and taking the train to Milwaukee. We decided to do the next weekend with flight to chicago then St. Louis then a 3 hour bus home lol. Can fly Paducah to Chicago but not St. Louis and I hate driving to Chicago so that’s the plan

• Like (+1) 1
22 hours ago, Greg from Chestertown said:

I need to lose my Penn’s Peak Cherry. I think this year may be it. 

A few tips for Peak newbie's ~

1. Get your ticket ahead of time, it will sellout

2. 8:00p start, if you get in line to get into the show at 7:45p you will wait a long time and might miss the opener.  I suggest going in before there's a long line since they check IDs at the door and give you a booz bracelet if you want to drink.  
3. No smoking inside, they will pull your card.  But anything goes on the outside deck.

4. In the past sometimes local cops have sat at the bottom of the mountain looking to ruin people's holiday, watch out for the heat (haven't seen them the past few times)

5. The views will blow your mind

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2