And I Bid You Goodnight

Taper Ron

The time has come for me to take a break from the Forums. Effective immediately Lookyloo will take over as "Root Admin".

Let kindness spread like sunshine

Embrace those who are sad

Respect their dignity, give them joy

And leave them feeling glad

Forgive those who might hurt you

And though you have your pride

Listen closely to their viewpoint

Try to see the other side

• Forum VIP

Taper Ron,

An individual who started this site to support something he loved, he has never paid for his work over the past 5 or more, and he doesnt even expect a thank you. When I first met Ron at a show in California, I still carry his "business card in my backpack' , its says " Taper Ron Owensby ", for recording of DSO performances, ..he was one of the most genuine people I met on the road. He was a close friend of Scott, who introduced us the first time. I think it was Santa Cruz. It is rare you meet people who want or expect nothing in return for kindness and love they share. Ron is that guy. He has moved to the middle of the country and I am sure its hard for him to get out and meet his friends, but when you do you will understand what a special man he is. I thank you Ron for making my expierence with this band so special for its not only the music but people like you who throw it over the top. I wish you well and I am glad we saw each other in Reno last year. Best wishes to you my friend and I hope I will see you again somewhere soon....your friend ...Prescott

• Forum MVP

TR, there's been a lot of kind words in this thread already but you are the man. Thank you for everything, I am very grateful and appreciative that you keep a place like this running so us deadheads can talk about the greatest music on earth. You deserve a nice break, enjoy it!

Thank you so much for making this such a wonderful forum to discuss the music we love!!! I've thought for a long time that this is one of the most perfectly put together websites--not only for the specific topic of music, but in any subject! Clearly, this has required a lot of effort and we all appreciate you time and attention to such detail. Have a great break!!

:cheers:

Archived