Life's vent page---how do we turn negatives into positives!

One thing I always tell myself...... No matter what's going on in my life... no matter how dark or how shitty it may seem... it can ALWAYS be worse! 

When life gets rough for me, I reach out to friends & family for love... & I try to stay grateful.  I walk around my house & say... man, I'm grateful for that fridge, that clothes dryer, that bathtub, hot water, electricity, food, my big comfy bed... the simple things in life.  It's amazing how much we take for granted... yet, when you slow down a bit & actually look around at how good things really are... it can be a real eye opening attitude adjuster. 

:D

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

My brother is in a very dark place and can't find his way out.  If he doesn't, he won't be with me for much longer.

I need to find the strength to get him the help that he so desperately needs and help make sure his wife and kids can still eat and keep the lights on.  Oh yeah, he's 2,000 miles away from me.

Man > I'm feelin the weight of the world right now..........

• Forum MVP

Wish I had better words T, but I do not!!   My thoughts with you, and any wordly stength I have is yours!!!   Do whats best for your family first T, they need you, and feel good about what you can do for your brother and his!!  We all want to be superman, but at times we have to take care of those who directly need us.  

I know those words no help,  but your caring and smart, so I know the good will come your way!!

Best wishes my friend!!!

• Forum MVP

My brother is in a very dark place and can't find his way out. If he doesn't, he won't be with me for much longer.

I need to find the strength to get him the help that he so desperately needs and help make sure his wife and kids can still eat and keep the lights on. Oh yeah, he's 2,000 miles away from me.

Man > I'm feelin the weight of the world right now..........

Ed, when you're hurting, I'm hurting and I'm sure most others around here will gladly shoulder a chunk of your pain as well. Do everything you can and pray the rest will work out. Hopefully by late May things will be looking up so we can blow it out at the Jubilee. Call me if I can help, peace brother.

• Forum MVP

My twin brother is better but a long way away. My other brother Rob just lost his wife to a heart attack at 43. 2 girls (8 and 11) just lost their mom

On the way to Michigan to be there for him. Please send vibes to him and those girls. What a tradedgy. Hug the ones you love just a bit tighter - life is fleeting.

• Forum MVP

I wanted to say thanks to everyone that supplied some healing vibes to my brother and his little girls who are mourning the tragic and unexpected loss of Beth - a great wife and a special mother.  We will continue to lift up his family and give them the love and support they need so that they can smile again.

Here is a picture of Beth and my brother Rob during a very happy time in their lives. 

314_25417119023_9251_n.jpg

Please hug the ones you love just a little tighter – life is just so precious....and fragile.

• Forum MVP

Prayers, blessings, and peace Brother T!!    I am so very sorry.   I am so very sorry.   Stay strong!!  

Be Strong.

A the biggest blessing to your family in this time of need.    My thoughts are with you and your family T.

Safe travels, and strength for strong healing!!!

• 5 months later...
  • Forum MVP

Cold rain and snow...married me...... .

Sorry scarlet, sugar mag........have always had 10/20 vision (super good), but I have always had two perfect eyes, but still cant see!!!!!

Working some things out but loo like red rocks...on through NW with DSO! !

How bad I want to move to that place across the railroad tracks. I swear my happy hom is there.

My son got his hammer out the other day grabbed some nails, and said he was going to build me a home to live. Still crying from hearing that from a 3 year old!!!

Love u all, enjoy the changing seasons and days in between:)!!!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

FUCK.............anyone out there drink yager........Please buy a bottle and drink it this weekend,, and send me your paypal addy.  I will buy the bottle!!!

Rescued this dog from Utah, and I named her Yager, hiked hundreds of miles with her.  From desert plains to the high alpines of the west.   Lent her to mom while I went abroad for a couple years, and Mom would never let me have her back. The two did well with each other in the mountains of Tennessee. 

Some of you think this is silly, but just got a call that she is going down tomo, and it fucking sucks.  FUCK......FUCK.....FUCK.....FUCK.

Winter rain, now tell me why, Summers fade, and roses die.
The answer came; the wind and rain.
Golden hills, now veiled in gray, Summer leaves have blown away
Now what remains? The wind and rain.

Life for me is a sine wave, but the peaks and valleys are just to close at the moment.   No time to enjoy highs, cause the lows are just to quick to come back.

I know, I know, it could always be worse, but I am so scared it might:{  

Love you old girl.  Thanks for keeping me warm on those snowy peaks.  I am so sorry I can not be there....I am so sorry:{

• Forum MVP

Yeah Sun - big bummer about Yager.  Tough to lose those companions who never judge us and are always happy beacuse they have you.  As complicated as relationships can be in life, there is always a constant with our dogs:  unconditional love. 

Yager is hiking those ridges, chasing her tail, and settling down in the tall moutain field with a big 'ole bone.  She had a wonderful life because of the adventures you shared with her and now she can just be her old self without the frailities of life at her doorstep.

Here's to time softening the pangs of loss and sorrow and replacing them with smiles and laughter. 

{{{Yager}}}

Archived