11/18-19 > Burlington, VT

11/21 > Portland, ME

11/22 > Willingford, CT

11/24 > Concord, NH

11/29-30 > Best Buy Theatre, NY

12/1-2 > Terrytown, NY

More to come I'm assuming....

:dsorocks:

Tarrytown. only posted this because i got the impression it wasn't just a typo? ;)

• Forum MVP

I'm in for Wallingdford thru Best Buy.  Maybe ME for good measure.  See you at the Peak mangoson

Probably not. Dead dance triple header over thanksgiving weekend....not gonna miss that.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like I'll be adding 9:30 club to my tour plans, and if I'm lucky Charlottesville. Despite the consistent complaints of little dance space at 9:30 really can't miss a show that's a stroll away from my place. I will gladly accept any advice from those experienced with 9:30 club. Having a dancing space takes all the priority over actually seeing the stage.

• Forum MVP

Seek refuge upstairs. I've been to the 9:30 a few times and I've always had a blast by staying in the upstairs portion. Better dance space. Be aware of security, you will get thrown out if you don't play by their rules. Always heard horrible things about the venue but I personally have not had any bad experiences there. In fact, saw one of my favorite shows ever there.

12-3-2011

Set One:

Box Of Rain-> Jack Straw
Mississippi Half-Step Uptown Toodleloo
Black Throated Wind
It Takes A Lot To Laugh
It Takes A Train To Cry
Stuck Inside Of Mobile With The Memphis Blues Again-> Althea
Cassidy
Sunrise
Let It Grow-> Tangled Up In Blue

Set Two:

Feel Like a Stranger
Here Comes Sunshine
Saint Stephen
Uncle John's Band-> King Solomon's Marbles-> drums-> space-> Why Don't We Do It In The Road?-> Cosmic Charlie-> Uncle John's Band-> Sugar Magnolia

Encore:
Viola Lee Blues

As long as you behave yourself, you should be good. 

• Forum MVP

"As long as you behave yourself, you should be good."

So true. There have been a few lamentable incidences there, one in particular that many will remember, and while space is always at a premium a good time can indeed be had either upstairs or at stage right. Big dancing usually is problematic there but that is getting to be the case at more and more indoor shows anyway.

Thank you for the info. I'll be sure to be on best behavior. The culture of this city sure has been keeping me on my toes when it comes behavior/etiquette.

That's a solid set list. Good mix of regular and not-so-regular tunes, and some interesting jam sequences. That is what I usually look for in an original set list. Baltimore should have been more in the spirit of that, but maybe playing in front of big crowds it's safer to go with songs most everyone knows.

• Forum MVP

I've never set foot on the dance floor there. Looks too cramped an uncomfortable. Dance space will be hard to come by, even upstairs for the first set, but by the second set, some people clear out and you should be able to carve.

• Forum MVP

Oh my gosh.I might go crazy if I heard a Viola Lee at a show. Been hoping to get that one for years

Dude, what are you doing up so late? You gotta meet us in statesville at 6pm today...... :-)

Ps: I still haven't gotten my Viola either, it's going to be on when I do.

• Forum MVP

Both yof you beware...when the viola comes, Jeff has a habit of taking your left brain and tying it in knots with your right brain until he finally smooths it all out for you and melts them both back into one....ahhhhh it sure feels good, though,,,like a really deep massage that's on the verge of too much...

I hope you get it soon!

• 1 month later...
  • Forum MVP

AG > I feel ya buddy.  While past performance does not determine future results, DSO played 6 FL shows (Pensacola, Tampa, Gainsville, Lake Buena Vista, Jacksonville Beach, Ft. Lauderdale)  back in march leading up to JITS 1.0. 

While I wouldn't get your hopes up for a show in Birmingham (I hear they love their governor), you may want to get ready for some travels to the Sunshine State in the spring 2014 to scratch your DSO itch.  Or > you can get the hell out of Alabama.  Roll Tide or War Eagle - whichever way your gate swings :)

Archived