Going to see?

oysterhead

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

There are other bands?!?  Please expound :)

Almost hate to admit it....

Billy Joel this Sunday ... it'll be nostalgic I guess.  Here is what it will also be:  FREE

Also checking out a new Jerry Garcia tribute band from Athens, GA later in February.  Not expecting much - they can hold it together well enough I guess from what I've heard.

• Forum MVP

Greensky is really great. Seen me a few times and highly recommend them to anyone who's into grass. They do seem really rip shit covers that come out of left field. Just off the top of my head I've seen them do dancing in the dark by the boss, when doves cry by prince, and i forget which song exactly but it was a tune off Graceland by paul Simon

• Forum MVP

I'm looking forward to the next time I get to see Cornmeal. It will be my first in the post-Allie era. Reports are good and a teacher should be checking them out in a month.

We hope to see Cubensis next weekend. Well worth the trip to LA. Hell, Vegas is the easternmost suburb anyway.

• Forum MVP

Just saw Emmylou Harris with Rodney Crowell at The Brown Theater in Louisville Tuesday night. Incredible, absolutely beautiful performance: 2/4/14 Setlist: Grievous Angel>Wheels>Pancho and Lefty, Till I Gain Control Again, If I Needed You (second Townes Van Zandt song of the evening), Tulsa Queen, Red Dirt Girl, Rock O My Soul,l Love Hurts, Luxury Liner, The Road (written about living life after Gram) The Angels Rejoiced,. I Know Love Is All I Need, Invitation To The Blues, Spanish Dancer, Chase The Feeling, Dreaming My Dreams, Back When We Were Beautiful, Leaving Louisiana in The Broad Daylight> Ain't Living Long Like This, Old Yellow Moon, Stars On The Water>Even Cowgirls Get The Blues. Boulder TO Birmingham! Emmyou's touring with Daniel Lanois next to support a re-release of Wrecking Ball. Gonna catch Lanois whenever possible, being the reclouse he is

• Forum MVP

I'm looking forward to the next time I get to see Cornmeal. It will be my first in the post-Allie era. Reports are good and a teacher should be checking them out in a month.

We hope to see Cubensis next weekend. Well worth the trip to LA. Hell, Vegas is the easternmost suburb anyway.

I'd def like to see them but alas they are west coast only :/

I have 2 nights of Rat Dog, 2 nights of the Allman Brothers at the Beacon, Wide Sprad Panic Acoustic, Keiko Matsui, Bobby McFerrin and Chick Cora, Lockn festival.

I mght see Bill Evans, JGB, Royal Souther Brotherhood, John K band, Paual Barrere and Fred Tacket with the New Orleans Suspects, Joan Osborne, Marshal Tucker Band, Southern Soul Assembly, Harlem Gospel Choir 

• Forum MVP

I should go to more 'other' shows....

David Nelson Band is pretty good and is playing terrapin three nights this weekend but I didn't jump on tickets. Railroad Earth is doing the Fillmore fairly soon. Saw two of three last year and it was great.

Here in Santa Cruz we do Grateful Dead Dances a couple times a month. As far as a dance experience goes it blows everything else out of the water. Only DSO supersedes it for me.

And of course there is weekly Stu Allen and Mars Hotel in Berkeley. I go most weeks. Always at least decent, sometimes pretty fuckin good. The hardcore Stu heads would probably stone me for undercomplimenting him....lol.

So i'm pretty satiated out here... naa-nee-naa-nee-boo-boo :P:D:lol:

Vegas you will not be dissapointed with Cornmeal..Molly Healy (New fiddle player)  fellow Missourian...Is an incredible musician and she can also sing harmony..They killed it in St. Louis a few months back in only there second show..The Jams were way out there..and she has really nice legs. Top shelf.

• Forum MVP

Thanks, both you guys. I had gotten a heads up on Molly, Googled and Youtubed her, and Cornmeal looks like they are in good hands going down the road. She should help keep up the psychedelic jam grass tradition that makes them so excellent and that I have travelled to see.

As for my grammatically inane comment about Emmylou and Lanois, it is due to the inability to process just how wonderful that is on the same stage on the same night. The weeknight shows are out but I will check that tour for weekend availability. It looks like close to a once in a lifetime opportunity. If they did The Maker together the Lord could then call me home...

• Forum MVP

I should go to more 'other' shows....

David Nelson Band is pretty good and is playing terrapin three nights this weekend but I didn't jump on tickets. Railroad Earth is doing the Fillmore fairly soon. Saw two of three last year and it was great.

Here in Santa Cruz we do Grateful Dead Dances a couple times a month. As far as a dance experience goes it blows everything else out of the water. Only DSO supersedes it for me.

And of course there is weekly Stu Allen and Mars Hotel in Berkeley. I go most weeks. Always at least decent, sometimes pretty fuckin good. The hardcore Stu heads would probably stone me for undercomplimenting him....lol.

So i'm pretty satiated out here... naa-nee-naa-nee-boo-boo :P:D:lol:

Damn westies get all the love! I get Billy Joel and a JGB garage band'.

Be still my heart for Ms Harris .....

• Forum MVP

I've got Ratdog and Allman Brothers coming up.

Also another band called Om. I don't expect many people here to like them. Sort of a Middle Eastern Spiritual Stoner Drone band. Lots of long passages that include small changes through variations on a theme. Great bassist and drummer.

I'd like to check out Chick Corea soon. Return to Forever is another top 10 favorite album of mine. And I see Ron Carter is playing soon with a pretty cool trio line-up.

Archived