GD 50TH Reunion

August West

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going to be shooting for the reserved on feb 28th! Cause the second general admission I'm sure will sell out in 13 seconds or less. I have been praying to the ticket gods to shine down upon us all!

It sounds like the 'pre-sale' has been cancelled and that's all that is left. I hope everything goes okay and us mail order folks know if we have tickets by then.

Also, good luck!

Okay so the GA section is small and where everyone wants to be but wrist bands are "dreaded"? If I get my GA ticket and it's so packed with seat folks that there isn't room to dance I'm going to be annoyed. Sorry. Sometimes rules are necessary. I fully support the venue being "square" about sections and seats to avoid 3 times the allotted number of people being on the floor. This is basically a lottery folks, you get what you get.

Whoa that sounds uptight. I did have some "stub down" or wandering guy steal my sunglasses at Rosemont 6 years ago when I went to get beer. Thankfully I was Fear and Loathinging that night but without the fear and didn't care at the moment. He must have thought that he was gathering what I had spilled.. in my jacket pocket. Good thing my wallet was in my pants pocket.

My first and probably last time posting (not my thing but I like to follow the conversation), Liquid Smoke hit a nerve and I agree wholeheartedly. Been a concert fiend for 30 years and was lucky enough to get mail order front row center for the last Ratdog tour. The venue was a small performance hall and usually hosts the local symphony. There is no floor or GA. There was a few extra feet of space between the front row and the stage guard which became extremely overcrowded very quickly due to nonexistent ticket security. Dance space disappeared and there was nonstop jostling for position. I'm all for seizing opportunity but even when I asked a few folks to make some room so I could have my seat back, I was flat out refused. Finally had to get security on a drunk guy who knocked over my wife. I'm usually running from the law not bringing it down on someone else. A first after hundreds of concerts. Wished I had second row instead of first.

I know I sound like a curmudgeon and it's bumming everybody out so enough said, except if your not supposed to be there and your squeezing out the people who are supposed to be there, then it ain't right.

Respect.

• Forum MVP

For that .1% chance of me getting GA, I hope to god they protect that area. It will be crowded as shit anyway and don't want to have to hear Bobby do his take a step back routine as we are getting asphyxiated.

Okay so the GA section is small and where everyone wants to be but wrist bands are "dreaded"? If I get my GA ticket and it's so packed with seat folks that there isn't room to dance I'm going to be annoyed. Sorry. Sometimes rules are necessary. I fully support the venue being "square" about sections and seats to avoid 3 times the allotted number of people being on the floor. This is basically a lottery folks, you get what you get.

Whoa that sounds uptight. I did have some "stub down" or wandering guy steal my sunglasses at Rosemont 6 years ago when I went to get beer. Thankfully I was Fear and Loathinging that night but without the fear and didn't care at the moment. He must have thought that he was gathering what I had spilled.. in my jacket pocket. Good thing my wallet was in my pants pocket.

My first and probably last time posting (not my thing but I like to follow the conversation), Liquid Smoke hit a nerve and I agree wholeheartedly. Been a concert fiend for 30 years and was lucky enough to get mail order front row center for the last Ratdog tour. The venue was a small performance hall and usually hosts the local symphony. There is no floor or GA. There was a few extra feet of space between the front row and the stage guard which became extremely overcrowded very quickly due to nonexistent ticket security. Dance space disappeared and there was nonstop jostling for position. I'm all for seizing opportunity but even when I asked a few folks to make some room so I could have my seat back, I was flat out refused. Finally had to get security on a drunk guy who knocked over my wife. I'm usually running from the law not bringing it down on someone else. A first after hundreds of concerts. Wished I had second row instead of first.

I know I sound like a curmudgeon and it's bumming everybody out so enough said, except if your not supposed to be there and your squeezing out the people who are supposed to be there, then it ain't right.

Respect.

That sounds like a real crappy situation. A local theatre here in Madison actually tapes up the first row so no one can sit in it. This place you are talking about should do the same and simply not sell first row seats if they are going to let people crowd up by the stage.

• Forum MVP

To feed the rumors I've heard there's a possibility of the entire floor being GA. Yeah yeah these are just rumors but the fact that the seating chart has been removed makes me think. That's leaving Prob $2m on the table if u make those 200 buck seats now 100 on the floor so....

i liked a comment about those chairs would just get passed to the back anyway. Likely dead on with that observation. But considering its 20 yrs later many want a chair during intermission and D/S.

• Forum MVP

To feed the rumors I've heard there's a possibility of the entire floor being GA. Yeah yeah these are just rumors but the fact that the seating chart has been removed makes me think. That's leaving Prob $2m on the table if u make those 200 buck seats now 100 on the floor so....

i liked a comment about those chairs would just get passed to the back anyway. Likely dead on with that observation. But considering its 20 yrs later many want a chair during intermission and D/S.

It's confirmed. Here's from the dead 50 site. Note pit tickets are mail order only. Sweet. Fuck u ticket bots. U get squat there.

Tickets range in price from $59.50-$199.50. There will be a general admission pit directly in front of the stage (pit tickets are mail order only), a second general admission floor section behind the pit and reserved seating throughout the stadium.

• Forum MVP

If you requested a chair you will get seats. They won't seitch people to GA from reserved if that's what you requested. You just won't be sitting on the field. The dead sacrificed by my estimate over $1.5 million for the fans by makint the whole field GA!!!!

Here's a peach of an article for your collective amusement:

http://www.wsj.com/articles/please-grateful-dead-dont-keep-truckin-on-1422635696

"As a Deadhead once explained to me, “When you go to hear the Dead, it’s not about the music.”"

Madness. And surely this 'Deadhead' meant "go to see the Dead" not hear the Dead.

And the whole thing about speed, I've heard that song before in metal circles regarding metal bands that don't play fast, as if they can't play fast and you have to play fast to be good, to be a real metal band or a real rock band, it's just silly.

If you requested a chair you will get seats. They won't seitch people to GA from reserved if that's what you requested. You just won't be sitting on the field. The dead sacrificed by my estimate over $1.5 million for the fans by makint the whole field GA!!!!

edit: It turns out that I just can't read

"a second general admission floor section behind the pit"

'Floor' made me think of people standing on the floor.

• Forum MVP

I'm pretty sure u were right the 1st time. Doubt any chairs on the floor. If u requested the 199.00 u get put in the perm seating like for football but thinking no chairs anywhere on the floor. Get ready to do some twirling.

• Forum MVP

Golden Road Super CID Experience

• One (1) premium reserved ticket -OR- GA Pit
  • Limited edition, screen printed Grateful Dead 50th Anniversary event poster set (1 per night). Super CID posters will be pulled from a limited run of posters reserved for Super CID purchasers, the band, and friends & family of the band *Please note that these posters will NOT be signed by any band members*
  • One (1) copy of “Fare Thee Well” Hard Cover Coffee Table Book by Jay Blakesberg (mailed after the show)
  • CID lounge access before, during, and after the show with gourmet food and open bar for all Super CID purchasers
  • Premium Parking -or- Super CID Luxury Transportation from Downtown Chicago
  • CID Entrance

3-Night Golden Road Super CID Experience (GA Pit)

$1,898 + service fees

On Sale 2/27 3-Night Golden Road Super CID Experience (Premium Reserved Seat)

$2,198 + service fees

Kapow!  They wouldn't charge it if folks weren't gonna pony up for it, more power to 'em I guess.  I wonder how the VIP's are going to take it when someone in front of them tries to dance which will block their view....

The coffee table book makes the deal for me.

Good luck mail-order folks! I hope tickets come through with flying-colors.

Archived