GD 50TH Reunion

August West

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

Service fees must be a couple hundred on that package, did I miss the part that said what hotel it included? Although I know a few people that could probably get their money's worth on the open bar

• Forum MVP

A long strange trip from the acid tests.

I know, right? I mean, two grand and you don't even get a hit per night included in the package? WTF.

You lick the poster's steal your face for the cryptically envelopment. Optical Illusion or Blue Unicorn is the surprise. Gooney Birds are on the platinum road pkg currently not advertised.

• Forum MVP

In easence you are paying 1600 bucks for poster, book, beer and appetizers. Only 530 bucks a show for free beer and chicken wings

Actually as with many things, the value is relative to the beholder.

If blessed with mail order as well, could aid in defraying costs.

Not scalping to highest bidder but enough to recoup some costs with self minded folk who frankly...can afford it...that's right, a long way from acid trips

This may be a repeat subject but..... what night and where will Black Muddy River come out, if at all?

Third night last song of the second set or encore would be the most appropriate and the most predictable time. First night would be pretty bold. Furthur played it in Madison a few years back.

I seriously hope they go crazy candy and play their absolute best songs from all eras, the best songs according to my ears of course ;)

Saw a Dead tribute here NYE 2 years ago who basically did that, it was nuts, an amazing night I'll never forget.

• Forum MVP

Well we can all agree that in the late 90's corrina and samba in the rain were the reason the heads kept coming back.  Pure classics.  And since they played Samba in the Rain in the absolute downpours, it has all those positive memories associated with it.  

And dont crack on me but I actually liked vince singing broken arrow.  I know a few cringed but that song worked for him.

• Forum MVP

What I would like, each show should be dedicated to a decade (70s, 80s, 90s) with typical songlist from that era. The 70s era show should be a three setter with the first being an acoustic with Robert Hunter, and bring Donna out for the encore. The 90s show could bring out our favorite sax player for the second set.

• Forum MVP

It's not like they have to learn/play the whole songbook. 60 tunes at most and that is stretching will be played in 3 2 set shows.

Samba and Corrina can probably be counted out. The 60 top songs can never be agreed upon but a fair number would be agreed to be on the list by most. I think picking 30 songs you will definitely hear is reasonable.

I don't see Black Muddy River being last song...hard to beat "Such a long long time to be gone and a short time to be there" once again.

• Forum MVP

We could take guesses on last song played.  I think Brokedown could fit the bill.  Box obviously has a strong shot.  What about closing So Many Roads?  I wasn't there, but the So Many Roads from the last show makes my heart tingle.

• Forum MVP

Have tried to avoid jumping in this ridiculously long thread..... but can't resist:  last song.............Tweezer!

or maybe  a crowd chanting...."know our love will not fade away"....

the $1,000 that would be spent on this deal is one that won't go down in my books, not when we got DSO playing small venues.

Just picked up two tickets for Covington, also got 50th year "final tour" WHO tickets for $50.00 each, check out some of their setlists on sugarmegs, they are doing the real deal. Even when Entwhistle passed right before their 2002 summer tour, they did a tribute video between acts on his accomplishments and great moments, really entertaining Who material

I think the problem with playing the best songs from all eras to your ears is that deadheads have varying opinion on best of and what eras.

No doubt which is why I put the wink in there.

Anyone else checking on their USPS money order online daily?

• Forum MVP

We interrupt your regurly scheduled hand-wringing over FTW mail-order status to bring you this important bulletin:

985346.jpg

It warmed me right up.

Back to your regularly-scheduled angist.  {{{Good luck}}} to everyone :)

Archived