GD 50TH Reunion

August West

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

White rejection letter received. Guessing they ran out of pink paper :(. I'm out.

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!  Screw that.

If anyones is dyin to see Bobby Weir (with Jon Mayer - meh) he'll be on the Late-Late Show Tonight:

http://www.jambase.com/Articles/123895/DVR-Alert-Bob-Weir-To-Appear-On-The-Late-Late-Show

Sorry Rude :(

• Forum MVP

John Mayer decorated an envelope hoping to get tix but didn't send it and handed it to Bobby. It had no dates or ticket level as well. Also he decorated a fake stamp. Bobby said there's no return address on it lol. And John Mayer buddy, mail order closed weeks ago. 10 bucks.

Well Mayer did say he listens to like 2 hours of dead a day so that's good. And the Letterman band was clearly superior to Mayer's. Meep. Bobby playing Althea. Aren't there enoigh Bobby tunes he could have chosen. And now rhey cut off the end of althea. Bed time it is.

• Forum MVP

I just watched Bob's performance.

While I've been a bit of a critic of Bob's chops (yes I realize I will be lucky if I can tie my own shoes when I'm his age) I have to say I was plesantly surprised with his performance.  It was pretty good IMO - save for his slide-work which has never been something I cared for much anyway.  He looked refreshed and enagaged which I think bodes well for the summer.

The mail order gag with Mayer was pretty funny :)

Happy Friday everyone!

• Forum MVP

I just watched Bob's performance.

While I've been a bit of a critic of Bob's chops (yes I realize I will be lucky if I can tie my own shoes when I'm his age) I have to say I was plesantly surprised with his performance. It was pretty good IMO - save for his slide-work which has never been something I cared for much anyway. He looked refreshed and enagaged which I think bodes well for the summer.

The mail order gag with Mayer was pretty funny :)

Happy Friday everyone!

It was a semi gag. The envelope was addressed to deadheads lol. He said he enclosed a letter with it. I'm sure it says "tonight I just told my followers that I listened to 2 hours of dead a day, so 4 comps a night should suffice as payment for increase in album sales among my fans as they Rush out to buy the single truckin on iTunes. Jill Lesh I know was ecstatic at the potential for higher revenues. Yes I know that my fans may be disappointed by Jerry's playing after hearing my soulful solos, but hey maybe some of my fans may want to attend pushing up secondary ticket values even more. Plus if Trey gets sick now u know that I'm up to the task of being your Jerry, because as u can tell my interview skills pretty much suck and I def don't need to quit my day job. Sincerely John Mayer"

• Forum MVP

Good luck to you all. Hope all forumers here get lucky. I'll try for a 3-day pass on ticketmaster but that's a shot in the dark. Would have been a costly weekend anyway and now maybe I can do a summer run or poca again instead.

• Forum MVP

It couldn't hurt to sign it although Poweball has similar odds.  I guess you can't win without a ticket but thats never stopped Deadheads before.

• Forum MVP

I bought 2 while we were in LA this weekend. I will let you know what my net is after I take lump sum distribution and taxes are withheld from my $450,000,000.

Why don't you let your manager handle that. You just relax while I handle all the hard stuff.

• Forum MVP

http://classicrock.teamrock.com/news/2015-02-17/grateful-dead-job-no-walk-in-park-for-anastasio

Trey Anastasio comments:

He adds: "The flow of the whole thing is in my DNA. I never sat down and studied what Jerry played until the last two weeks.

"Based on the number of ideas Jerry had in any one-minute period, he was very much a musician first, a guitar player second. The music was coming out, and the guitar was a vehicle, a transparent filter."

Pretty cool intent if you ask me on both musician's part

• Forum MVP

http://classicrock.teamrock.com/news/2015-02-17/grateful-dead-job-no-walk-in-park-for-anastasio

Trey Anastasio comments:

He adds: "The flow of the whole thing is in my DNA. I never sat down and studied what Jerry played until the last two weeks.

"Based on the number of ideas Jerry had in any one-minute period, he was very much a musician first, a guitar player second. The music was coming out, and the guitar was a vehicle, a transparent filter."

Pretty cool intent if you ask me on both musician's part

• Forum MVP

Gdtstoo just released a statement that only 1 in 10 who requested tix will get them. Good luck to those still in the hunt. They said they have processed 75% of orders so far so there are still many rejections to come but they have started cashing money orders.

Archived