GD 50TH Reunion

August West

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

Llllllllllets get ready to ruuuuuuummmbllllllle. Good luck to those trying!!

Well I got past security checkpoint 2x. 1st waited 10+ minutes and the second waited 40. Only to get a sorry no tickets matched your search both times. on the plus side I still have a mail order rejection letter to look forward to as my MOs haven't been cashed and I haven't heard anything email wise either. Hope you guys had better luck. When does DSO announce summer dates?

• Forum MVP

Got 1 3-day pass 30 minutes into the sale. Worst possible section 356. It's not obstructed view. It's in the no view area lol. Seems like a seat that would just depress you looking at all the people facing the band as they look at us thinking wow those seats suck.

• Forum MVP

Got 1 3-day pass 30 minutes into the sale. Worst possible section 356. It's not obstructed view. It's in the no view area lol. Seems like a seat that would just depress you looking at all the people facing the band as they look at us thinking wow those seats suck.

that's hilarious...sad day to be mad

• Forum MVP

TM crashed on me 3x and by then I had a 15 min wait. down to 7 then 13 then 12, 11, 8, 9 13. ....5...3...2.....No tickets. I chose for ANY.  This is just crap. What a terrible way to say Fare Well IMO.

sorry to read of your experience , same as mine, put on Apostrophe and let Saturday unfold.....there's a viola Lee waiting around the corner

• Forum MVP

Rude,

What is the tariff for the NO VIEW seating if I may ask?

• Forum MVP

I think it was all the bots that made the site crash. look at the ticket purveyors sites and it is 1 ticket here, another there. just stupid. GDTS Too needs to take all the mail order requests and open up a tour. or a special added concert in Alpine. I mean there is thousands of dollars sitting there and Deadheads still tried to get tx. A lot of trust and love, man. Why didn't they at the very least have an East Coast, Middle America and West Coast stint..... at MSG, Soldier Field, and Oakland(?)..... I hear ya, AC. ;D

On a great note, I hired a great employee today. She is awesome.

• Forum MVP

Sell it for $2500 and for that amount I will upgrade you to 3 days of something in front (wherever my mail orders are)

Your own words : " The cheapest 59.00 tix to any night are 1200 bucks. Insanity. I've decided I'm going for tix and gonna scalp if I get."

I am just looking to pay for my 3 day super vip and my hotel which I booked previously...call it scalping, but I could get more...in my day I gave out some miracles...not this July

• Forum MVP

Let's hope that even in all this ticket madness that a few miracle tickets will still be given away in Chicago come July. Then I would still have a glimmer of hope for humanity...

To me "giving" somebody a ticket for this whom I have no idea if they had ever seen the grateful dead or even has a clue about the music is not a "miracle" it's a sin. I feel much better "scalping" it to a known deadhead that can easily afford it.

The lack of understanding regarding the business end of all this (promoters, entertainers, venues, Ticketmaster, secondary ticket markets, legalities of it all) diminishes my glimmer of hope.

• Forum MVP

The severe underestimation of the demand has soured me. My only glimmer is that for my 1 nose bleed no view ticket I'll be able to see more DSO with friends. I'll have zero guilt on this one and the additional DSO shows I'll see flailing will tell the tale. I fully intended to attend when they announced btw. A 3-day weekend in Chicago with the gf saying farewell to the band I love would have been a fantastic memory. Alas it's not to be.

• Forum MVP

I'm starting to wonder if my mail order ever even got to where it was going. Or if there is some crack head somewhere in the process of changing his name to GDTS TOO. When the paperwork goes through, he's gonna have one hell of a few days. Hope he sends me a thank you email. So I can guit having panic attacks every day when the mailman pulls up and every time I get an email ding.

• Forum MVP

My buddy still has a request for 2 tix to any show out. Not sure how 60 people coukdbt open 60k envelopes and re-stuff mail orders in a month. I mean I got my rejection weeks ago. If u do the math they only had to open like 30 envelopes a day per person. I blame legal herb and GD music. I'm sure u heard "Hey guys listen to this Jerry riff" a lot as work ceased and smoke breaks ensued.

• Forum MVP

Bot Wars

I didn't stand a chance.

http://www.newstatesman.com/economics/2013/08/bot-wars-why-you-can-never-buy-concert-tickets-online

I don't understand the need for this to unfold so rapidly..... Mail order seems so fair. This should be the revolution in the music industry's approach to big names. Mail order.

I am so thankful for DSO.

• Forum MVP

Shappy just confirmed to Billboard what we already figured. A pay per view will be set up.

Hmmm so at this time Shappy is blocking time at all his venues to simulcast the shows there. No word on home ppv but that leaves too much money on the table with this massive cash grab. Hell they won't need more shows if another 100k watch at venues and they charge 20 a night for the stream. If they decided to add 20 shows or something there would be a ton of pissed off fans who blew their load on Chicago or if they did it would crash ticket prices for Chicago in an instant.

Archived