Jump to content
LagerandGospel

Jubilee 2018 Roll Call

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, 2muchfun said:

PG et al was the first face I ran into last yr as I pulled into VIP line. Hope to be as lucky this time. I think Dr B and the gangs spot was better though.

 

Only during the day. You must have missed the massive venue lighting shined right at us 25 feet away. That light was bright at friends campsites 400 feet away. We were right below it....It seemed so perfect with 40 feet of camping space behind the cars as well as a line of pine trees. Then we walked up during Dso setbreak and were like wtf is this. We were literally blinded and bummed. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First Jubilee we weren’t prepared for some things  like that piercing light and the terrible rave music at 3:00 ( just that year) that I’d want earplugs even awake. The cottonwood treees were blooming and some the cotton wads  quite sizeable, fresh and clean. Better nights sleep night with nature’s earplugs. 😂 

 

psyched for #4!

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I plan on getting up there late Thursday, and was wondering where everyone parks who arrives before the gates open. Read on here some mention of people parking at a gas station or staging lot. Also does anyone know how strict the glass policy is here? I don't plan on bringing 50 beers or anything, but might want to bring some scotch, which won't leave the campsite, except perhaps in a cup or my belly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Hardpan said:

I plan on getting up there late Thursday, and was wondering where everyone parks who arrives before the gates open. Read on here some mention of people parking at a gas station or staging lot. Also does anyone know how strict the glass policy is here? I don't plan on bringing 50 beers or anything, but might want to bring some scotch, which won't leave the campsite, except perhaps in a cup or my belly.

 

Leave the glass at home. Transfer to a plastic bottle. They search you as you enter an if you broke the bottle there would be lots of pissed off barefoot people. They check coolers for glass. 

 

Pro tip:  do NOT get in that staging area they set up not inside the grounds. Gas station is far superior to wait. That staging area forces people to cross the busy highway to get out while cars from the interstate cut in front of you. Either gas station or circle around til the gates open. Once you get trapped in the outside staging area you are just that—trapped 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rude said:

 

Leave the glass at home. Transfer to a plastic bottle. They search you as you enter an if you broke the bottle there would be lots of pissed off barefoot people. They check coolers for glass. 

 

Pro tip:  do NOT get in that staging area they set up not inside the grounds. Gas station is far superior to wait. That staging area forces people to cross the busy highway to get out while cars from the interstate cut in front of you. Either gas station or circle around til the gates open. Once you get trapped in the outside staging area you are just that—trapped 

Thanks for the heads up in both departments. Looking forward to the fest.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Rude said:

 

Only during the day. You must have missed the massive venue lighting shined right at us 25 feet away. That light was bright at friends campsites 400 feet away. We were right below it....It seemed so perfect with 40 feet of camping space behind the cars as well as a line of pine trees. Then we walked up during Dso setbreak and were like wtf is this. We were literally blinded and bummed. 

10  4   I stand corrected

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, LagerandGospel said:

11 days. Now's the time I get paranoid about the weather. Let's pray for a beautiful weekend. 

 

As long as no rain during Dso it’s all good. I think I could even handle year 2 ultra cold jubilee now. I don’t think anyone was prepared for that cold. You have to prepare for sub zero weather if you will be outside for a long period of 35 degree weather. Have layers of thermals plus a down sweater then a shell over it.  Just think of a Christmas story and that’s how I’d be bundled up 

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The hurricane was intense, but that cold was freakish. I just happened to pack thermals that year so I was mostly ok

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey everyone! This is my first time going to a festival! Pretty excited! Had 2 questions I'm having a hard time find answers to. First do you have to have your ticket printed by the time you reach the gate or would your mobile or electronic device work. Second I have the cheaper ticket of my 3 friends I'm attending with can I upgrade at the gate to be able to camp with them? Alright that's it any help would be greatly appreciated 

 

THANKS!!! (~);}

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a location in VIP to avoid

the blinding light?

Would appreciate any intel.

The pile grows.

 

Praise DSO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Scott said:

...or would your mobile or electronic device work. 

 

Past years I've noticed people apparently using a ticket on their cell phone.  I always like to have a paper copy with me just in case.

 

As far as an upgrade to a ticket...I don't know but I think the vip gate is a bit different location from the general campers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Scott said:

Hey everyone! This is my first time going to a festival! Pretty excited! Had 2 questions I'm having a hard time find answers to. First do you have to have your ticket printed by the time you reach the gate or would your mobile or electronic device work. Second I have the cheaper ticket of my 3 friends I'm attending with can I upgrade at the gate to be able to camp with them? Alright that's it any help would be greatly appreciated 

 

THANKS!!! (~);}

Yes, you can have either printed or electronic ticket (via phone). Yes, I remember people upgrading to VIP, but I’d consider buying that upgrade now via the website instead of when you arrive, but I’m sure you can then also.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

General admission and VIP are separate entrances. If your buddies have VIP and you have GA, I'd go to VIP entrance with them and see if you can buy the upgrade at that entrance. If not you'll have a nice loooooong walk back over to GA entrance. I'd get it online before you go. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im looking for 2 VIP tix at early bird prices lol.  Anyone know anyone who has extras?  Planned on GA then home town friends cancelled and now just saying screw it and doing VIP.  Whats an extra $300 when you are completely irresponsible anyway(but responsible enough to try to save a few bucks over last second online tix)Thanks for the peer pressure PG.  Is this jazz fest part 2?  light on the feet because no pesky brain cells to weigh me down :P

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been debating the upgrade myself, but most likely won’t pull the trigger. My oldest told me today that Jubilee and D&C @riverbend are basically his only days off all summer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only eight more days....

Little Ben clock says quarter to eight
You kept me up till four
I gotta get down
I gotta get down
Or I can't work there no more

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

a little help from the folks in the festival. ... I can only make Sunday if I can make it at all ... anybody willing to go up to gate on Sunday morning ask if one day tix are available and how much ... or if festival sold out...buddy and I are ready to get loose for a show...

thanks 

TeacherMatt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Teacher Matt said:

a little help from the folks in the festival. ... I can only make Sunday if I can make it at all ... anybody willing to go up to gate on Sunday morning ask if one day tix are available and how much ... or if festival sold out...buddy and I are ready to get loose for a show...

thanks 

TeacherMatt

 

Matt they are available. Like $85

 

unless sold out but I’m guessing they could make an exception for you. Last year I think they officially sold out because they ran out of parking. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They are available unless sold out ... hmmm ... I'm not sure if wiser words have ever been spoken....  

 

And I used to hold the little clout with the band ...but those are times past

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Teacher Matt said:

 ... anybody willing to go up to gate on Sunday morning ask if one day tix are available and how much

It appears that Matt needs to know the status as of Sunday morning so as to decide to drive down or not. I'll try to pair up with MC to let you know. Matt, how early do you need word?

 

Peace and Love,

Doc

  • Thanks (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Chatbox

    Please do not post support requests here. Use Private Message.
    Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.
  • Recently Browsing
     
     

    No registered users viewing this page.

     
×