Hey Pocky Way >
Shakedown Street >
Drumspace >
The Last Time >
Going Down The Road >
Comes A Time >
Deal

E: Ripple

Thats an incredible setlist. Hope you all jammed out. Looks like a list a real dead band could play without lyric monitors. All songs staples. Ive seen some new dead covers who had to read the lyrics to Eyes, big turn off, those are words we live by and truthful singer would know them or not play it. JK taught me at a Boulder show that a person can learn Days Between and so I did. Delivery is much more meaningful when the lyrics are memorized the way the songwriter wrote. Either memorize the script or get off the stage. DSO knows the script so then deliver new experiences each time played. BCE knows their lyrics also. Speaking of Born Coss Eyed,

Anyone got the setlist from Zanzabar this past Sat? Lagr hook us up, you got the connect

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

The 1/31/22 Chicago Emmylou show setlist is up on setlistfm site. Created a Making Believe 3rd song in and a rare presentation of The Band's version of Evangeline, white whale material, she's going into the whole catalog. Now's the time to get a show in. Thinking of the upcoming Disneyland show, driving, gotta use of lose hrs, stop in vegas to refuel, then Santa Monica. Get that full road effect🙂

• Forum MVP
12 hours ago, Ammagamalin Crew said:

The 1/31/22 Chicago Emmylou show setlist is up on setlistfm site. Created a Making Believe 3rd song in and a rare presentation of The Band's version of Evangeline, white whale material, she's going into the whole catalog. Now's the time to get a show in. Thinking of the upcoming Disneyland show, driving, gotta use of lose hrs, stop in vegas to refuel, then Santa Monica. Get that full road effect🙂

I won’t drive cross country again like we did a few years ago. Too old for an 18 hour day on the road. I’ll fly and rent a car but getting from Kentucky to Palm Springs in 36 hours almost did me in. That counts sleeping. Once we made it out there it was gravy but that drive....

• Forum MVP

Bring Out Yer Dead

The Cornerstone

Raleigh, NC

2022/02/26

Set One

Music Never Stopped > Sugaree, Minglewood Blues, Tennessee Jed, Mama Tried, Brown Eyed Women, West LA Fadeaway, Row Jimmy, Jack Straw > Deal

Set Two

Sugar Magnolias > Scarlet Begonias > Fire on the Mountain, Estimated Prophet > Eyes of the World > Terrapin Station > Drums > That's it for The Other One > Morning Dew > One More Saturday Nite > Sunshine Daydream 

E:  US Blues

These guys are finding a very good rhythm - all the space a flailer could want to boot!  Geeked  for a local band ️  It’s always a good sign when you gotta ice-up the next day

• Like (+1) 3

• Forum MVP

n -

Bob Weir & Wolf Bros
Feb 27, 2022
Sweetwater Music Hall
Mill Valley, CA
Benefit for Robin Sylvester

Set 1:
Playin' in the band ->
Jam ->
New Speedway Boogie
My Brother Esau
Catfish John
Two Djinn
Lost Sailor ->
Saint of Circumstance

Set 2:
Like a Rolling Stone
(w/Matt Jaffe on vocals)
Uncle John’s Band->
Supplication->
Uncle John’s Reprise
Estimated Prophet ->
Truckin’ ->
Spoonful ->
The Other One ->
Standing on the Moon ->
Not Fade Away

>

Great to see this music in such a tiny setting.  The intimacy really lended itself to this stripped down Bobby interpretation.  Plus Barry Sless was a guest on pedal steel which is always a good thing. Sweetwater has a 315 capacity but they limited it to 200 so the place was nice and open. 

I'm often Bobby's biggest critic as far as his take on Garcia/Hunter material goes, but this rendition of New Speedway was pure gold. And the Uncle John's segment was also awesome.

Matt Jaffe is a Mill Valley kid who started showing up and making a splash at open mic nights early in the new Sweetwater era when he was 16. He's now in his mid 20s and it's great Bobby brought him up for the Dylan number.  Matt crushed it!

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, John A said:

n -

Bob Weir & Wolf Bros
Feb 27, 2022
Sweetwater Music Hall
Mill Valley, CA
Benefit for Robin Sylvester

Set 1:
Playin' in the band ->
Jam ->
New Speedway Boogie
My Brother Esau
Catfish John
Two Djinn
Lost Sailor ->
Saint of Circumstance

Set 2:
Like a Rolling Stone
(w/Matt Jaffe on vocals)
Uncle John’s Band->
Supplication->
Uncle John’s Reprise
Estimated Prophet ->
Truckin’ ->
Spoonful ->
The Other One ->
Standing on the Moon ->
Not Fade Away

>

Great to see this music in such a tiny setting.  The intimacy really lended itself to this stripped down Bobby interpretation.  Plus Barry Sless was a guest on pedal steel which is always a good thing. Sweetwater has a 315 capacity but they limited it to 200 so the place was nice and open. 

I'm often Bobby's biggest critic as far as his take on Garcia/Hunter material goes, but this rendition of New Speedway was pure gold. And the Uncle John's segment was also awesome.

Matt Jaffe is a Mill Valley kid who started showing up and making a splash at open mic nights early in the new Sweetwater era when he was 16. He's now in his mid 20s and it's great Bobby brought him up for the Dylan number.  Matt crushed it!

Thanks for the kind review too...

On 2/27/2022 at 2:59 PM, Tea said:

Bring Out Yer Dead

The Cornerstone

Raleigh, NC

2022/02/26

Set One

Music Never Stopped > Sugaree, Minglewood Blues, Tennessee Jed, Mama Tried, Brown Eyed Women, West LA Fadeaway, Row Jimmy, Jack Straw > Deal

Set Two

Sugar Magnolias > Scarlet Begonias > Fire on the Mountain, Estimated Prophet > Eyes of the World > Terrapin Station > Drums > That's it for The Other One > Morning Dew > One More Saturday Nite > Sunshine Daydream 

E:  US Blues

These guys are finding a very good rhythm - all the space a flailer could want to boot!  Geeked  for a local band ️  It’s always a good sign when you gotta ice-up the next day

Yeah, we saw them at the Lincoln theater in December.   They were really fun & good.

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

So, I have often heard an Other One tease during the jam crescendo near the end of Bird Song just before the last chorus.  The dead never went into O1.  

Went to see the following band in raleigh last weekend.  They nailed it

Cosmic Charlie

Setlist - 3/5/22 Lincoln Theatre, Raleigh NC

Mississippi Half Step >
Minglewood Blues
They Love Each Other
Mexicali Blues >
Cumberland Blues 
Sugaree
Terrapin Station >
St Stephen >
Don’t Ease Me In

set 2

Hell In A Bucket
Help On The Way >
Slipknot >
Franklin’s Tower >
Not Fade Away >
He’s Gone >
The Other One (V1) >
Drumspace >
Viola Lee Blues >
Black Peter >
One More Saturday Night

E: Bird Song > The Other One (V2) > Bird Song

Video of the entire show is on their Facebook page.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

Drove up the interstate and caught Hyryder at the Bluebird in Bloomington IN 3/12/2022

Here Comes Sunshine

Mr Charlie

Struggling Man

Catfish John 

Big River

On the Road Again

Candyman 

Throwing Stones

Mindbender 

Corrina

Reuben and Cherise 

TMNS

Easy Wind

Sugar Magnoila

Man Smart Woman Smarter

Mighty High

St Stephen—>

Lovelight

Unbroken Chain

Victim or the Crime->

Mountains of the Moon

Hell in a Bucket—>

Deal

Touch of Grey

Interesting selection of tunes…Mighty High sticks out

Hyryder always fun to dance to.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

BMFS Fri and sat both nights opening with a Tony Rice tune: Freeborn Man (1st) Cold On The Shoulder (2nd). Continues to take the experience to another level. Last night they experimented with moving the sound around the room, the musicians took advantage of the trippy surround sound. Sbd guy, Andy, said this is new territory with moving sounds from back of the room to the front,then side to side, then circular. Tinfoil and Turmoil to close out 2nd set last night. 

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

Saw Bobby last night in Nashville Indiana in a venue the size of a high school orchestra hall. Was pretty awesome. He was chatty and engaging, was a real good energy all night. 2nd set was the best I’ve seen Bobby in years. 
set 1

music>Easy answers>music>standin on shaky ground>music

Mission in the rain

Ten Jed

althea 

hard rain

Mama tried

lovelight
set 2

Easy to slip

throwing stones

UJB>Supp>UJB

He’s gone

watchtower

Wharf rat

sugar mag

E. Saturday night

Bobby was acoustic on Hard rain and easy to slip 

The addition of Jeff and the strings and horns was nice

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

Saw JRAD at the pageant. I like these guys besides their sound. I was trying to figure out how best to describe what comes out of the PA. When they are all shredding, it becomes one sound. You can’t hear the cymbals or drums hardly at all. It’s like a muddled loud sound. It’s like turning up a bad stereo way past the level you should. Think about when you go to an arena and walk towards the bathroom. You can still hear music but it’s all muddled. But that’s the sound dead center in front of the PA. At my 1st JRAD show I kept asking people what’s wrong with the sound. I thought it was the venue. But every show is like that. Listening to dead and Dso the cymbals and high hats are all crystal clear. It’s like a stereo just just mids and no clean highs. Part of this is the sound delay they use constantly. It’s like creating an arena sound in a theater but in the part of the arena where the sound bounces everywhere. Every time I see them I get annoyed that this is the sound they are going for. I don’t get it. They do tons of cool shit but I want my music clear and clean. 

On that note, they started jamming Jessica in set 2. Thought it would be a minute then maybe 2 minute jam into a dead song. Nope. They raged a 10 minute full Jessica by the Allmans. Of course with their sound it’s hard to get the tiny details but it was rip roaring and got by far the biggest ovation of the night and how can you not want to hear that song. It’s such an epic fun happy jam that makes me think of sunny warm days. 

set 1

Row Jimmy

music never stopped 

sugaree

Dancin(had been teased since MNS)

franklins 

set 2

Black throated wind

jessIca

it hurts me too

eyes

minglewood 

morning dew

E: Sampson. 

12 song show. A bit short time wise. Started at 8:15. 40 minute set break and ended at 11:20. Miss my 4 hour dso show 

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

"Saw Bobby last night in Nashville Indiana in a venue the size of a high school orchestra hall. Was pretty awesome. He was chatty and engaging, was a real good energy all night."

You definitely got in a good show.. I knew he was coming there as that's where we're seeing Emmylou, but I forgot it was this weekend. There is a Columbus show coming up on Wed. but it won't be as intimate as the Brown County Music center.

Also, big news, Bob Weir and Mickey Hart are playing The Frost Amphitheater on Sunday May 1st! So glad they're opening up shows again at that supreme venue, kudos to Weir!

Glad you got in a good show Duck

• Like (+1) 1

Ahhhh yes!    Seen a few late 80s Dead shows at The Frost!  Nothing like seeing an afternoon Dead show. The show is over before Dark then you have all night to do, well, whatever it is we do, then repeat the following day. 

I have not even come close to be at every outdoor venue but The Frost Amp just may be my fav that I have personally been to. I have yet to get my Red Rocks show...    Any other contenders? 

• Like (+1) 2

• Forum MVP

IMHO RR is overrated, where at the Frost you have grass tiers while at RR it's just rock.  it was nice to kick off the shoes on a beautiful May day in Palo Alto and dance on grass. Of course, you would have to be in line early to get the front tiers and interactions with the band, The tiers are also only about 10 inches up each one where as at RR the tiers are like 2 feet up each level. I wouldn't sweat missing RR. I've been wondering and searching as to when Stanford University was going to start using the amphitheater again and it looks like Bobby and Mickey are finally getting through. I think it would be the best place for DSO to play, nice and small yet has an upper grass level to sell some tickets to make it worth the bands visit. And, yes, it would be best with a 2pm show time.

• Forum MVP
2 hours ago, Ammagamalin Crew said:

IMHO RR is overrated, where at the Frost you have grass tiers while at RR it's just rock.  it was nice to kick off the shoes on a beautiful May day in Palo Alto and dance on grass. Of course, you would have to be in line early to get the front tiers and interactions with the band, The tiers are also only about 10 inches up each one where as at RR the tiers are like 2 feet up each level. I wouldn't sweat missing RR. I've been wondering and searching as to when Stanford University was going to start using the amphitheater again and it looks like Bobby and Mickey are finally getting through. I think it would be the best place for DSO to play, nice and small yet has an upper grass level to sell some tickets to make it worth the bands visit. And, yes, it would be best with a 2pm show time.

I beg to differ….RR is just a major must. Frost, Greek, etc….the more eclectic musts. I have been to RR…first show DSO 2019…The venue blew me away.

The geology, the museum, the view….the heart rate monitor at top of hill.

DSO wants to pay the others….if so and multiple shows…I’m in.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/18/2021 at 5:18 PM, LangeradoSoul said:

Grateful Sunday Presents: Friday Show

The Fishtank, Lexington, KY, Friday, 2021-12-17
~|~
Feel Like A Stranger
Mama Tried>
Mexicali Blues
West LA Fadeaway
Ya Mar (Phish)
Loser
Pretzel Logic (Steely Dan)
Ramble On Rose*
Jack Straw*
Tough Mama (Dylan)
Music Never Stopped*
~||~
Don’t Let Go*
Peg (Steely Dan)
Cumberland Blues*
Rubin and Cherise*
Viola Lee Blues*
Tore Up*
China Cat Sunflower>
I Know You Rider*
Run Run Rudolph

~~~~~~

Lee Owen, Guitar

Brandon Bowlds, Guitar

Rob Barnes, Bass

Brad Slutskin, Keys

Dino English, Drums

*with Jenny Adkins on back up vocals 

This little show at the Fishtank in Lexington was one of the better shows I’ve seen in a year. Lee and Brandon traded rhythm and lead guitar on every song outdoing one another and raising the energy level higher and higher, while Rob Barnes and Dino kept the groove jumping with their bass and drums locked in. The Viola Lee Blues and Dont Let Go were serious highlights and had amazing jams in them.

walked in thinking I’d have a couple drinks and a decent time, but the music was stunning.

Here’s Viola Lee Blues from this little show with a nice buildup at the end:

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Ammagamalin Crew said:

Freakscene: The Story of Dinosaur Jr. being released in theaters May 31st. I've never thought about seeing them although the synopsis says they preceded the grunge scene and after reading of their recent show in Nashville here on the forums has got me interested. 

I love Dinosaur Jr. They are nothing like the Grateful Dead but J Mascis plays bone shattering loud electric guitar. I was a big fan of them and Sonic Youth a couple of years before I listened to the Grateful Dead, around 1991.

heres J Mascis covering Box of Rain:

• Forum MVP

They have an interesting take on Just like heaven by the cure. 

My best buddy was big into alternative in the 80’s but I couldn’t really get bands like Sonic youth. I dug Depeche Mode and the cure and others but I need a melody. Without a good melody I can’t really get a band. It’s why I despise Radiohead. You play your weird math rock but most of your songs lack a basic melody. I’ve tried to get them but I can’t. Friends are like they are brilliant so I kept trying to listen. Nope. Don’t get it. They had a few songs like creep, but that’s an outlier that almost sounds like a song their label bought for them. Then you see Rolling Stone call OK Computer a top 20 album all time and I tried again. Nope. Don’t get it. 

• LMAO 1

• Forum MVP

22/04/16  InDeadNation,  State Fare,  Catonsville, MD

Mississippi Half Step, Feel Like A Stranger>Franklin's Tower,

Althea, Brown-Eyed Women, So Many Roads, Me and My Uncle>

Big River, Shakedown Street.

China Cat Sunflower>I Know You Rider, Terrapin Station,

Harder They Come, Goin' Down the Road>Morning Dew,

One More Saturday Nite.  

MY local Dead band provides the gambit of human emotion

on a drizzly Saturday evening in Baltimore.  Franklin's strong.

Althea positively nailed.  So Many Roads a work in progress and

the Shakedown a boogie fest to close the first.

The second a chunky delight,  China>Rider superb, the Terrapin

stirring, Goin Down the Road a favorite and the Dew inspired.

At set break I was informed Dave Jacobsen, Jerry in an Orioles

cap, is retiring to coastal NC to fish and enjoy the slow life.

He will leave a huge gap in two Dead cover bands in MD and 

will be sorely  missed.  I spent the second set tearfully dancing 

in hysterics, reminded of how fragile all things are.  If you have

the chance to see him before he hangs it up, I would suggest it.

Next up May 6 at the Rec Room in Towson, MD.

Praise DSO. 

• Like (+1) 2