DSO Shows cancelled thru Summer 2020

Gotta definitely dance to last few songs and encore .. by that time if they kick you out ala footloose rules it'll be too late.  What a crazy rule btw.  Does dancing with a mask on in your designated section really increase chances of spreading virus? Is it the increase in resperation rate? I wouldn't want to risk spreading it on the other hand.  Picking up a box of cereal at the grocery store is dangerous as well IMHO.   I'm still walking ....

• Forum MVP

You can hear the music from outside. We did this for Molly Hatchet a few years back when it was Annie's.  Free show, but they wanted $10.00 for parking,  so to make it right,  we found a spot to park for free and tailgated at a car hearing it loud and clear. MH opened with like 10 classic songs ( gator country,  dreams, bounty hunter,  used to love hear, flirting with ect before they played a new tune. I'm not in favor of this current turn of events with concerts. Boycott,  do the free outside , dancing options 

• Forum MVP

Indiana is 100% capacity at bars again July 4th.

I will enter at my own risk which I thought it always was?!

The elders fear COVID less than younger as they grew up and survived Polio, Smallpox, TB, etc..

This virus is just tall that’s just about all.

• Forum MVP

On another note, 23 Clemson players tested positive for corona. This is ultra bad news. Idc about Clemson but this doesn’t fare well for college football. What happens when your whole offensive line is positive and has to sit out a game or your QB and all receivers. It will ruin the games. NFL would be worse. At least Clemson and Bama are deep enough to go 2-3 deep good players at a position.  In nfl you don’t have that depth with the 54 man rosters 

• 1 month later...
  • Forum MVP

Re-scheduled shows in Wilmington, NC are toast 😷

Not a shock but it still sux

Here's to DSO doin whatever they can so they can do the thing we love so much.

By the way:

Hey........2020........Why don't you go bleepin bleep yourself, capiche?

giphy.gif

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP
22 hours ago, acududeman said:

College football? Doubtful......

NFL? Mayyyybe....

I agree with nick saban. The protocols in place for football keep players safer than them having no football and running around campus at parties. They have testing multiple times a week and if you cancel football the kids are on their own and will likely catch it and spread it. Plus Clemson football prob has herd immunity after half the team caught it in the spring. Fraternities and sororities have already become breeding grounds at many colleges but football teams who are keeping players isolated in player dorms and keeping kids in shape playing sport can’t do their thing?

I predict that SEC, ACC and big 12 will play. The only real threat to the ACC could be the carolina schools. 

This talk of big ten doing spring football right before the draft will be minor leagues. No pro prospect is going to play football and get hurt right before the draft. After bowl games players shut it down to not get hurt before the draft. If they get hurt in the fall they can mostly recover before the combine except major tears and breaks. Justin fields gonna QB osu a few weeks before the draft???? A lot of pro prospects have already opted out of this season as it is. On that note a team like Minnesota full of older players who aren’t top pro prospects could actually beat an OSU who may have 15 opt out. 

• Forum MVP

Seven states did not issue pandemic stay at home orders.  Per latest CDC data, they had an average covid infection rate of 1,551 cases/100K population compared to 1,668 for the other 43 states with stay at home orders.  These same 7 states had an average of 13 deaths per 1,000 cases, compared to 31 per 1,000 cases for the other 43 states.  If your going to argue large versus rural population differences, forget about it.  There was virtually no correlation plotting cases per 100K versus total population (R=0.09).  The most open state during this entire mess was South Dakota, and there were only 17 other states with lower case rates per capita, and only 11 states with lower death rates per capita.  What story does this data tell you?  Is there the slightest possibility that all the lock downs, shut ins, mandates, pain and mental anguish, financial destruction, and suicides could of been muted by simply going on with life?  I live in a state that continues to have mandates, shut downs, and travel quarantines, and man is it frustrating.  South Dakota should be marketing podcasts and seminars on how to deal with a pandemic.  

This is how it feels in the end.
Cure absolutely worse than disease.

Scientific, data based conclusion. 

• Like (+1) 1
On 8/23/2020 at 2:28 PM, 2muchfun said:

Seven states did not issue pandemic stay at home orders.  Per latest CDC data, they had an average covid infection rate of 1,551 cases/100K population compared to 1,668 for the other 43 states with stay at home orders.  These same 7 states had an average of 13 deaths per 1,000 cases, compared to 31 per 1,000 cases for the other 43 states.  If your going to argue large versus rural population differences, forget about it.  There was virtually no correlation plotting cases per 100K versus total population (R=0.09).  The most open state during this entire mess was South Dakota, and there were only 17 other states with lower case rates per capita, and only 11 states with lower death rates per capita.  What story does this data tell you?  Is there the slightest possibility that all the lock downs, shut ins, mandates, pain and mental anguish, financial destruction, and suicides could of been muted by simply going on with life?  I live in a state that continues to have mandates, shut downs, and travel quarantines, and man is it frustrating.  South Dakota should be marketing podcasts and seminars on how to deal with a pandemic.  

This is how it feels in the end.
Cure absolutely worse than disease.

Scientific, data based conclusion. 

It’s tough to say. The states that didn’t issue the orders were all very slow to catch and now continue to escalate in case load. In CT at the beginning, it was quite scary, and we were glad to comply with the recommendations. My wife is the night nursing manager at the hospital here, and it was 100% full of Covid patients at the peak, besides one unit. She started wearing scrubs to work “in case I have to help out”. Fortunately, she didn’t, and things started to get under control. Raging unchecked, it would have been complete pandemonium at the hospitals and a lot more people would have died.  Stressful times here at the house in April and May. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Forum MVP

I will be at the drive in. Hope outdoor Florida DSO December happens but not too hopeful. Sad thing is because we flattened the curve we probably looking beyond summer 2021 before we reach herd immunity. 2 summers no shows sounds so brutal. I pray a vaccine coming and works and gets distributed efficiently so we can have shows next summer. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Forum MVP

People keep talking about Herd immunity. Some here know him, and know there is no immunity. He is an infectious as it gets.

Ron is a great guy, a true brother and warrior, and I hope he is doing well. Anyone have sightings? He is a master at social distancing via dodging texts.

• Like (+1) 1