DSO Drive-In Ooooo-Eeee @ Roseland - Canadaigua, NY

I'm hella torn and hate this (._. )

I feel super dedicated to this band - They are my life.. I feel I absolutely have to be at the first show back, and it'll be fucking magic.

But it just doesn't feel safe or socially responsible to be trying to do this right now, I don't get it.

Though I also believe the dead show live music experience is really important, especially in times of unrest and confusion like these.

But I doubt these will be anything like that experience I'm talking about.

I've already flown once in 'rona season, and the weeks of psychosomatic hell following might not be worth anything...

Even so, just today I pulled the trigger and bought my plane tickets to Philly.

And now you post this which means I already have to change them (;-___-)

And then it's just hanging in the air that all of these will prolly be cancelled - Which again I feel is perhaps the smart and socially responsible thing to do and actually find myself hoping for ;_;

idk, someone talk some sense into or out of me.

• Forum MVP

Love you brother. Miss being able to speak face to face. Luckily king turd is working hard to make it safe to enjoy life again. King turd 2020. At this point we are only driving and we’ve already skipped a show that we deemed unsafe. Turns out they went 50% capacity but was for a tiny courtyard show and that capacity counted inside lol.  We’ve seen 4 outdoor shows that would have held 2000 if indoors and they only had prob 150 peeps. We had glorious dance space in a 10x10 area. Masked up when we went around others. But from reading about the philly shows they are modeling them after some shows where people turn on their radios. The New York show you can leave your car. Philly looks like it’s actually a stay in car show. Sorry MC and Mango but I pretty much despise Philly, not just because they are football rivals but the city city is as sketch as you get. I still remember that disgusting DSO scandal where Eaton donned an eagles jersey. That was a band low. I love these guys but I’d tolerate a MAGA hat more than an eagles jersey. At least most MAGA people won’t stab me with their filed down stabbing keys at a ball game. FYI if you are a MAGA dude you can go fist yourself. Good night and good luck. 

• Forum MVP

edit:  I just wanted to clarify my position. If your hatred for immigrants and other minorities is more important than working to restore the health of this country and getting us all working again, I despise you. You are despicable. You can fuck off. Stop disguising your white supremacy as patriotism. I’ve lost all tolerance for the maga fucks. It’s insane anyone can defend this shit anymore. The fact he thinks cutting funding for testing will make him look better just shows how stupid his followers are. You think I’d follow obama off a cliff like this. No thinking person would be like I love you Obama. Cut funds to test for disease. It’s like a mental illness. It’s cult mentality. I have an idiot MAGA friend who told me why he thinks Covid is a hoax. Here’s their mentality. This is his story. He said a friend of his heard a radio call in. The guy who called in said I’m a nurse. I don’t want to say my name or where I work but it’s in Louisiana and there have been no Covid patients. It’s all made up....my friend from high school tells me this. I said so you believe and anonymous call in but you don’t believe front line doctors. So the governor of Texas is now in this liberal conspiracy? This is what we are up against. America is fucked. I’m happy for you guys who still have your jobs and businesses. We are in the hands of idiots. 

• Forum MVP
18 minutes ago, sml said:

well, I cancelled my flights

I guess this will be a last minute pay through the nose thing

lovely

If you went and got sick, would you regret it?

If yes, then don’t go.

We have all missed shows that we feel were our birthright (Christopher Walken voice to Dane with the watch, that comfortable piece of metal...),

There will be others.

I am proud as a person who only knows you anonymously via the Internet could be, sml.

Get back truckin’ on....

That's true for those of you that live there - I'm not worried about the concert much at all.. it's getting there that's the issue.

Last flight I took had some jackass intentionally making a scene walking around coughing and sneasing without a mask, and a middle aged white man screaming at a younger black family sitting next to him.

I guess I'm the outlier here though - I imagine no one putting this on expects people will fly in to sit and listen to a live show through a rental car stereo...

But the band and crew have to fly too...

• Forum MVP
8 hours ago, Mango said:

Rude, 

You'd be better suited to say less. 

Mango

I bet the southerners told whites in the 50s and 60s to do the same If they disagreed with the treatment of blacks. I’ll speak up against tyranny and all who support it now and forever. 

—Rude 

• Forum MVP
On 8/7/2020 at 1:58 AM, Rude said:

I bet the southerners told whites in the 50s and 60s to do the same If they disagreed with the treatment of blacks. I’ll speak up against tyranny and all who support it now and forever. 

—Rude 

Woah now.  I meant nothing of speaking against injustices.... just that your message got lost in the ramble 😉 ramble on!

On 8/5/2020 at 2:11 PM, sml said:

well, I cancelled my flights

I guess this will be a last minute pay through the nose thing

lovely

My daughter came into  Philly from AZ 2 fridays ago July 31 on a packed flight with lay over. She left 7 days later, last Friday.

sunday she had symptoms, Monday she test positive. Now I’m self quarantined until Monday. If I get tested, results won’t be back for 8 days.  so now I’m sitting here feeling every little body whisper.

she’s  experiencing headaches and tiredness and the doctor says that should be the worst of it since she’s 6 days into it 

Maybe she shouldn’t have flown here

she tested negative 5 days before she left 

• Sad (neutral) 3
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

Ok, we're all chomping at the bit, what went down? As shallow as it my seem to those on the front line. I enjoy coming this forum and reading up on pertinent info, and the good humor we have here.  I'm a lazy fuck as pointed out by others here. I'm guessing those that were there are keeping it for those that were there. Understandable,  you make the effort you get the goods. 

• Like (+1) 1

Had a great time withe august, pearly and cynthia. I would like to see speakers midway back for BETTER sound...With covid, you're back there if you wait to the last minute..times a changin...good show...help slip frankie my highlight to open 2nd set...reminded me of a dead show late years when such big crowds....of course that didnt include car spaces and distancing spacing.