Healing Vibes to Rob Eaton!

Tea

• Forum MVP

Yikes Rob!  You'll be shredding again in 2021 - hang in there, we got you!

https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-rob-eaton-heal-severe-wrist-injury

+Dave Weissman is organizing this fundraiser on behalf of Rob Eaton+

Greetings fellow Deadheads, family, friends and all ~

A recent injury left Dark Star Orchestra musician Rob Eaton with a fractured ulna and radius in his left wrist. He currently is keeping these bones all together with pins, screws and a plate. 

With guitar playing still on the horizon, Rob is expected to make a full recovery and return to the stage with DSO in the near future.

However, the healthcare system in our country & insurance providers have neglected this human repair and Rob is currently looking to the support of the community to help chip away at the over $75,000 medical bill for his mending. 

All GoFundMe donations raised from this fundraiser will go directly to offset this exorbitant expense.  

Rob is expected to make a full recovery and continue to perform in the future, but significant healing is needed in the meantime.

Any donation is greatly appreciated, no matter the size. 

• Forum MVP

Dang. Ouch.  Thanks Tea, for getting the info out.

Inspiring to see $7600 already raised in a few hours...primarily by donations of $50 or less....let’s all do what we can to help our rhythm guitar wizard out! That’s an important hand and wrist to have fully functional in this world.

Quick and smooth healing to you Eaton!!!

🤘

• Forum MVP

Speechless. Godspeed on a full and healthy recovery. Your gift, your talent, flows out of you through your hands. Take your time, do what the doctors say. We need you back. You warm our hearts and keep us grinning from ear to ear. We’ve been waiting. We can wait a while longer. The best of luck with your healing.
                                          -Greg. 

• Forum MVP

Good lord, if this isn't an advertisement for universal health care I don't know what is.

When "they didn't take my insurance" is tantamount to a $75,000 invoice for a (badly) broken wrist, you don't need to look any further to see how fucked up the system is.

Pulling for you to have a quick and smooth recovery, Rob.

• Forum MVP
42 minutes ago, John A said:

Good lord, if this isn't an advertisement for universal health care I don't know what is.

When "they didn't take my insurance" is tantamount to a $75,000 invoice for a (badly) broken wrist, you don't need to look any further to see how fucked up the system is.

Pulling for you to have a quick and smooth recovery, Rob.

I pay $757 per Month!!!! with a $10,000 deductible for a “bronze” plan on exchange ( only choice). Be careful what you wish for.

I’ll give Rob 50 bucks at RMGDR....

• Forum MVP

$160 a month for me and my three children with a 1800.00 deductible. 

That being said, I have sacrificed my soul to the corporate world and give so much more than it would be worth if it was not for the kids.   

Will be donating to Eaton's recovery efforts.  

For everyone on this forum, times are tough.  COVID has hit us all very hard.   

However, I need Eaton just as much as Eaton needs his hands. --if you love it as much as I do, you know how good we have it with DSO.  You also know that Eaton has been a big part of the bigger family---giving his expertise to enrich the collective and his time to make us all feel that special joy and tingle that is only felt when the music begins.    

I remember my first DSO show.   The magic, the beauty, the time to be what ever I want to be.   To dance like everyone is watching--and to do so with a confidence that only exist with this music.   Eaton has my support.

Please remember---there are many lives and families that depend on this music continuing.  The show must go on.  The expense of putting on the music we all love cost so much that I wonder if there is much left for those that give us the time of our lives.  

The band plays for us and we dance for them.   Its symbiotic---as organic as the flow of any river or mountain stream. 

Take care of yourself Brother E!!  Thank you for all you have done for our community. 

• 1 month later...
  • Forum MVP

What the fuck? (Sorry I'm late, just got back online after a year)

Seriously, though, what the fuck?

I'll try really hard to not go into a political lecture in outrage about our disgustingly poisoned pregnant and can't-wait-to-make-you-pay-to-die-slowly medical/pharmaceutical/insurance megaplex of trash we call health care in America and instead wanna say:

Dear Rob, 

That is so fucked. I can't imagine being a fucking rockstar ass prodigy of sound recording epicness and smooth as fuck funky ass silly rythums staring at an arm that looks like that. Then them telling you ya gotta pay an absurd non-real amount of shit tickets to get it back. Dude. I'm so sorry, man. My heart goes out to you and your dear ones (I know how dudes are when a limb is fucked... hehe- hope a giggle ain't too soon!) and I'm sorry I can't send dough but all my healing medicine Buddha mantras at you, brother, you're too special to our ears to not get full recovery!!!!! Bummed we can't all sign your plastic arm holding crazy thing whatever you call it. Sisterly kiss kiss!!!!!!!!!

Y'all, no one texted me when this happened? *Cough* *accusing stare with arched eyebrow at a few of you even though I can't arch my eyebrow*

Left arm for a musician? Bullshit. When I was told Jesse drove himself to the hospital bc his finger was cut almost off I calmly asked "which hand?" and was legendary w the rednecks in my neighborhood cause I didn't give a fuck it was "one of the middle fingers from his right hand". I mean, he could still play music that way, so boo hoo who fucking cares, right? Hehehe let's pun this down.

Fuck, can't wait to hear good news on this one cause this cuts me close to my bleeding heart. Fingers and hands on the left side are fucking sacred. 

Soooooo grateful to ALL of you that are able to help financially and physically with this. Bless y'all to your groovy ass souls!!!!! Big kiss kiss at the feet of every single one of y'all. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived