Blow Away, Masterpiece, Althea, Broken Arrow, Brother Esau,

Might As Well.

China Cat>Iko>Feelin' Groovy jam>Rider, Gimme Some Lovin'

Bring It On Home(with Kenny the truck driver on vocals),

Playin' In the Band>Low Spark>Jam>Drums>Space>

Outro to Layla>Dear Mr .Fantasy>Standing on the Moon>

Playin' reprise.

E:  Piece of My Heart.

A truly inspired performance by our favorite musicians.

The Althea killed.  The opening sequence of the second

heavenly.  Thoughts of Chuck throughout the Low Spark.

And Lisa dropping the hammer.  I love you all.

Praise DSO.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Forum MVP

My cup has runneth over. Thank you so much DSO. Bittersweet with bee crew introductions as we say goodbye to Ellie Nicky and Kenny. It’s truly is the ending of one remarkable chapter of DSO. But look forward to the push forward with the new faces. But really gonna miss those leaving. I remember when I was a shy kid just finding myself at DSO after like show 40 and having done maybe 25 of the last 30 DSO shows I worked up the courage to yell at Nicky as he was setting up the stage. Hey my name is Rick. Some how he already knew. His response was you’ve been riding the rail at the last 15 shows. I know who you are. 

Some 500/600 shows later. He’s leaving. He’s been at just about it not every single stop on that DSO journey for me. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Forum MVP

Damn. I’m genuinely sorry I missed that one. Second set looks hard to handle. It starts out killer and never lets up. I’m wondering, is that the first ‘piece of my heart’? Yea, Lisa is the secret weapon. She’s a natural for channeling Janis. I’m amazed again by Dark Star Orchestra and I wasn’t even there. 

• Like (+1) 1
5 hours ago, Tom Banjo said:

My cup has runneth over. Thank you so much DSO. Bittersweet with bee crew introductions as we say goodbye to Ellie Nicky and Kenny. 

Sad to see them go! I guess time tells a tale ever-changing... I think that's why I love DSO, in the moment ALL time stops.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Forum MVP

Tonight was a well orchestrated masterpiece.   Lisa crushed it for sure.   She took a little piece of my heart tonight and left it on the dance floor!!!   Thank you Lisa...   We love your pipes!!!   The China sandwich?   DSO performed it with the musical authority they are well known for.  The dance was top notch.  These shows brought out the best type of people.   Smiles, energy, hugs, love all around and in no short supply.   It does not get any better unless we had another two nights!!!! Love and already miss you all.  I have my CDL, maybe I can help drive?

Tonight was special....it was one of those nights you remember and cherish.  

• Like (+1) 9
  • Forum MVP

That second set looks...just exactly perfect.

As for those leaving, as TB says, another chapter is ending. That wheel never stops turning. And it never ceases to amaze me how crew, and band, know if we are at a show and if so, where and how we are.

Fare thee well. You know you’ve got it, if it makes you feel good...

• Like (+1) 3
  • Forum MVP

Bravo!!!  Amazing show at a gorgeous venue. Wow that 2nd set was meticulously crafted. When I heard that feelin groovy out of aiko I completely forgot it started with China. The Layla coda out of space was great. That low spark was a face melter. Large crowd. I’d guess over 2k peeps. They just kept flowing in all 1st set. Solid support from the region. Was as great an atmosphere as you can have. The energy was high. Perfect night weather wise too. My cup overfloweth. So many kind strangers at the show as well as seeing many friends and meeting new friends as well. I tell you what. Delilah can groove. Her momma put some moves in her. I am looking forward to being near sea level again. I feel like I did some Olympic Dead training at altitude. Now to show off my new training at these smoking fast deadco shows upcoming Saturday and Monday. Oh and btw the sound at deer valley was perfect all the way to the very back. Wasn’t a bad sound spot to be found. You can always count on Dso for perfect sound though so it’s sort of understood. Was fun seeing Scottie play night 1 after party but night 2 most of our crew came back and watched Georgia Clemson and popped in the hot tub which cleansed me. Killing time as I wait to Uber to the airport to get back to the family. I realized I have my best times when my little tour rat is near even though this weekend was fantastic with buddies. Plus she makes me look good and on my own my filter is off ;)  see you guys in Cincy in 3 weeks or maybe at a few deadco in between. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP
6 hours ago, Greg from Chestertown said:

Damn. I’m genuinely sorry I missed that one. Second set looks hard to handle. It starts out killer and never lets up. I’m wondering, is that the first ‘piece of my heart’? Yea, Lisa is the secret weapon. She’s a natural for channeling Janis. I’m amazed again by Dark Star Orchestra and I wasn’t even there. 

they said it was the 1st piece of my heart ever. Plus you got a 1st bring it on home with Kenny on vocals and he crushed it. It was a special show. They kept a pretense of security to keep people out of the seat area but you just needed to step over the rope. I was asked for my wristband and I’m like serious. So I just walked behind him 5 feet and stepped over the rope. Everyone filed down front and I know the band fed off that. This is such an outdoorsy area that everyone with getting down and enjoying it. So many families. The atmosphere was hard to beat bringing in food and drinks. It was special and I’ll cherish this one for a while. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Forum MVP

Rude funny. Delilah learned to dance from me spinning her to sleep listening to shows within weeks of birth. Those nights where I’d go upstairs with bottle cause momma was too tired to breastfeed and desperately needed the crying baby out of the room.  But yes Delilah gets down. She’s boogies hard. 

momma wants everyone to know she dances with the babe too. Shes getting it from both of us. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Forum MVP

This one rung my bell. From the stranger opening to the Jack a roe to a throw down with my boy BillK on blow away and Althea, Skip rippin the broken arrow, Esau and might as well blew out set 1. 

what can one say about a set 2 that opens with chinacat>Aiko>FGJ>Rider, and it blew up from there. Props to Kenny on the Bring it on Home!, to the Layla, Fantasy, to the Low Spark, to the Piece of my heart, which Lisa stole with the encore!! I don’t know what y’all have heard but this band is fucking killin it!!! 😅 Love, love, love what they do and how they do it!!  

can’t leave out a mention of Scotty (SML) for dishing out 2 killer after show gigs at the Cabin in Park City. Dude has chops and made a packed bar smile and dance!! 

more lifetime memories made, love ALL the people in them and the joy they give me! Thanks so much. 

• Like (+1) 6

Thank you DSO for changing our lives again in Utah!! My mind was blown from night 1 Bertha to Piece of My Heart with setlists, band, sound, and ENERGY. The Utah crowd delivered as well with peace, love, and happiness. 

I need RECORDINGS… can someone tell me where to get these? 
XOXO

• Like (+1) 3
  • Forum MVP

Joel 

On 9/5/2021 at 11:23 PM, joel said:

It was literally do what ever you want w respect in mind. I was laughing about it all through.  If you didn't go you gotta go next time.  

Oh, come on, come on, come on, come on

Joel, are you the Joel who saw me and Scotty play a couple times with the Pranksters in 2019?