The Eleven >

Death Don’t Have No Mercy >
One More Sat PM

E:  Midnite Moonlite 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP
24 minutes ago, gr8fulpair said:

Gotta throw out the “holy fucksticks” on that set list. I mean damn, that is the goods!!

Sure was! Sold out pre pandemic indoor bliss. 

Jeff broke out new guitar...sounded fantastic...something about mammoth tusk inlays...mammoth sound as well.

Ain't no maybes...life is sweeter for this.

• Like (+1) 2

Wow, what a great second night last night at the Cap. What amazing generosity from Grateful Guitars and everyone involved to deliver such a beautiful guitar to Jeff. The back of the guitar is inlaid with an epic scene of two wooly mammoths locking tusks in battle. I thought it was so cool that the guitar was not only a replica guitar of the finest quality, similar to Rosebud, but not a direct replica, as it was outfitted with beautiful inlay artwork to be Jeff’s own. J.Mattson inlay at the end of the fretboard. 

The general buzz surrounding the second night was palpable, wondering what they would do to top night one, with the outside temperature dropping twenty degrees, and a sold out box office, it felt like a fall show. 

Tight crowd, and it got tighter as the night progressed. Had a good group of friends dancers and we shared the limited space. 
Box opener, followed by Johnny B Goode, which immediately launched us into orbit. China Rider had the mammoths doing battle, a thunderous sound. Music Never Stopped continued the high energy into To Lay Me Down, a nice breather and tenderly delivered. Jack Straw and Help Slip Deal kept the energy high to close out the set, giving us a welcome break. 

Setbreak found the area at the back of the theater we were occupying packed wall to wall with people, scrambling every which way for purchase. 

Second set Stranger opener, stuck around in tight quarters for better sound, and moved back to the relocation point during Cats.  Kind of bounced around between locations. Found a good groove among friends during Scarlet Fire, post drums highlight for me was the Eleven. Overall, a great night, thanks to all ❤️

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

I definitely heard that prudence theme.  

Very crowded. Ended up dancing in Garcia's last night,  which was actually pretty cool despite not really feeling like i was at a show. 

Despite being oversold the vibe was good. Feels good to be back dancing indoors. Looking forward to Albany 

• Like (+1) 2

A weekend of music for the books. So crowded second night but made it work. Terrapin 1st night highlight for me! I wanted it and they delivered. 

Box opener got me right in the feels like it always does. Bliss and a heavy heart both felt throughout second night. 

Post DSO show glow in full effect. 

• Like (+1) 5
On 11/15/2021 at 11:39 AM, Mr. B said:

Really amazing audio/video quality presentation.

Great setlists and they just plain sounded fantastic. Really can't wait to get to a show....

The 4 night New Year's run would be spectacular for streaming. I wonder if requesting/suggesting at Fans Live would matter, but, I imagine the band has a say (financial aspects) along with the streaming service.  Sending out a wish....