25th @ The Vic

2muchfun

• Forum MVP

In case you haven't heard...

10/8/81....replay of show 1 

Played really well. RB super organ solo during CC Rider.

Show stopped during Playin for man down near rail. 

Tie dyed stranger did serious chest compressions for 10 minutes until medics arrived....saved his life according to band b4 Kevin Rosen took bass for encore.

Alls well that ends well.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Forum MVP

Wow great story about the tie dyed hero up front.  Which brings up the question: did a Dead show ever pause during the music due to a medical or other situation in the crowd? 

Closest I can think of is when they didn't play an encore (Providence '86 perhaps?) because Billy got hit with a bottle post space, and the famous line from Phil at the '85 Saratoga show when some moron was hanging over a railing - "hey, man, there's 50,000 people waiting for you to get back into your seat."

But none of that ever stopped the music in its tracks.  Presumably if a naked guy climbed the speaker scaffolding during a DSO show there'd be a pause as well. 😆

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP
5 hours ago, Rbarracoph said:

State police said they would arrest everyone in the building, including the band, off we didn’t stop. 😉

if

Holy shit. That makes the fire Marshall fucking with folks clogging the aisles at Dead shows seem like child's play.

(And to be clear, all my banter here is not meant to undermine the obvious seriousness of this scenario.)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

1 hour ago, bs69 said:

Wasn't there the Help>Slip Music in 75 where they came to a halt looking for a doctor because someone was having a baby?

Classic tape…

Kind of pandemonium on stage 
as they try to relay to the docs out in the crowd where the woman in labor is located…

Finally Bobby is like, “Well,,somewhere around here a lady is giving birth”,,,,and then the music kicks back in .

so somewhere out there there’s a person that was born in Golden gate park at that unusual 75 show…!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP
19 hours ago, Island Bro said:

Classic tape…

Kind of pandemonium on stage 
as they try to relay to the docs out in the crowd where the woman in labor is located…

Finally Bobby is like, “Well,,somewhere around here a lady is giving birth”,,,,and then the music kicks back in .

so somewhere out there there’s a person that was born in Golden gate park at that unusual 75 show…!

That's the one. I always wondered if they intended to continue into Franklin's but restarted with Music since they had lost their momentum

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

I’d guess it’s a bit different in an arena than in a small theater. Sorta gotta stop the dancers if someone’s about to die. At this point there’s a lot of older people at the shows(I just for an AARP thing in ine mail) so gotta adjust with the times. In 1975 peeps we’re having babies at shows. 50 years later it’s heart attacks. 

• LMAO 1