Taper Ron

Taper Ron

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh my G*d, dear Ron... I am heartbroken at this news. There are no words for this. Ron, please know WE LOVE YOU immensely. I'm praying for you with all my heart, for your healing and recovery, and for your peace and strength in getting through this unbelievably difficult time. G*d bless you, Ron, and keep you. I'm sending you all my love and thoughts. We're here for you and love you!! ~kimberly

~~

Forum friends... For those of you who don't know Ron, our brother and fellow lover of this beloved music, he is a truly kind, sweet, sincere, caring man, a beautiful soul. He has dedicated himself to creating and sustaining our community here over many, many years. We have so much from Ron to be thankful for...

I've called the hospital and he's still in the intensive care unit, where they do not accept flowers. When he's moved to a room where we can send flowers, I'll post the info here...

No more time to tell how, this is the season of what,

Now is the time of returning with our thought

Jewels polished and gleaming...

Ron, for many songs last night, I thought of you.... my thoughts and prayers go out to you. You've been a rock to this forum! Get well soon!

~everything happens for a reason... in the strangest of ways. Stay strong, you are in my heart.

Lot's of love, emma

• Forum MVP

This is such awful news. I've never even met you Ron and yet I have so much respect for you and am so sorry to hear about this.

I am praying that you get well and soon. Please know how much my wife and I are pulling for your full recovery.

David

I will pass all the love along to him. I know everyone of you mean so much to him. If you wish to send him a message you can email it to me. Email me I will print them and take to him. I will post with additional updates.

I have had requests for more details. It is graphic so if you are get upset easily maybe you better not read.

He was riding his Harley, he was in the middle of the intersection. A car stopped at a stop sign. The lady driving the other vehicle pulled away from the stop sign right into the side of him. She admitted fault and said she just didn't see him. He was thrown from his motorcycle. His foot was cut off upon impact and was attached by a piece of flesh and had to be removed at the scene. Luckily he was in an area were there was several medical facilities. Someone wrapped a belt around his leg to slow the bleeding or he would not have made it to the Hospital. His right leg was amputated some where below the knee. They had to do this to prevent possibility of infection. If they are not able to prevent infection then it will have to be amputated above the knee. His right thigh bone was also broken. He was moved from ICU today and is scheduled to have surgery next week to put a pin in his right thigh. I hope this means that they will not have to amputate any more.

• Advisory Board

I will pass all the love along to him. I know everyone of you mean so much to him. If you wish to send him a message you can email it to me. Email me I will print them and take to him. I will post with additional updates.

I have had requests for more details. It is graphic so if you are get upset easily maybe you better not read.

He was riding his Harley, he was in the middle of the intersection. A car stopped at a stop sign. The lady driving the other vehicle pulled away from the stop sign right into the side of him. She admitted fault and said she just didn't see him. He was thrown from his motorcycle. His foot was cut off upon impact and was attached by a piece of flesh and had to be removed at the scene. Luckily he was in an area were there was several medical facilities. Someone wrapped a belt around his leg to slow the bleeding or he would not have made it to the Hospital. His right leg was amputated some where below the knee. They had to do this to prevent possibility of infection. If they are not able to prevent infection then it will have to be amputated above the knee. His right thigh bone was also broken. He was moved from ICU today and is scheduled to have surgery next week to put a pin in his right thigh. I hope this means that they will not have to amputate any more.

Dear Wayne,

Thank you for taking the time to update all of us on how your brother is doing after this terrible accident.

I take it by your post (and I hope I am reading into this correctly) that besides the orthopedic injuries, that there are no serious internal injuries or head injury? How awake/aware is Ron now?

Hoping for all the best,

Dr. Barry

• Forum MVP

Forum friends... For those of you who don't know Ron, our brother and fellow lover of this beloved music, he is a truly kind, sweet, sincere, caring man, a beautiful soul. He has dedicated himself to creating and sustaining our community here over many, many years. We have so much from Ron to be thankful for..

Thank you for expressing this, as I am one who does not know Ron; but nonetheless I feel tremendous respect for him.

Best wishes for recovery.

And to echo Dr. Barry, hopefully the suggestion in Ron's brother's post that there are no internal or head injuries is confirmed.

And to echo Dr. Barry, hopefully the suggestion in Ron's brother's post that there are no internal or head injuries is confirmed.

I can't confirm as I don't know him personally. I take the fact that he had his brother log into his acount to let us all know as a great sign that he has no major head injuries.

Internal injuries I can't speculate. We all need to pray that they can save that knee. It will make his life easier from this point on.

If his dedication to this website matches his dedication to his rehab, he is gonna be all right.

Dr. Barry you are correct there were no other injuries with the exception of a knot on his forehead above his right eye. They have checked him over pretty throughly and have found nothing else. He was never unconscious and has been coherent since he woke up from surgery. He is just groggy from the pain meds and weak from the loss of blood.

Ron has been living with me since he moved back from Reno and helping me with the yard work. The first two things he said to me after surgery was " I am sorry I didn't get the yard mowed bro " and to ask me to get on this forum to let you all know why he would not be able to take care of it for awhile.

I am passing along all of your thoughts, prayers and good vibes to him. I am printing out some of the posts as well as emails I have been getting to him. I know how much this forum and all of you mean to him and I know he will appreciate knowing how much you all care about him.

To Taper Ron and his family, my heart goes out to you, and may you find some strength in knowing that you also have a loving family here...for,if it were not for Taper Ron, who knows where we would be blessed with such an outlet for our communal love and respect for DSO. I hope you can feel and sense how much we appreciate and value your selfless and tireless devotion to making this website what it is today, and for that we can't begin to thank you enough. Peace to you, and know we are all pulling for you. May those four winds blow you safely home... VERY soon !!!

Love,

Topher

Archived