Elaine C. Owensby, 91, Topeka

comesatime

• Forum MVP

Ron ... We all love you and are keeping you and your family in our thoughts and prayers during this very sad time ...

Elaine C. Owensby, 91, Topeka, passed away on Sunday, April 21, 2013 at Stormont-Vail Hospital. She was born on January 12, 1922 in Salina, Kansas, the daughter of Samuel E. and Hannah O. (Lindquist) Countryman.

Elaine graduated from Olsburg High School in Olsburg, Kansas. Elaine earned her practical nurse diploma and began a career as a mental health technician for the Veteran’s Administration Hospital in both Topeka and for a short time, Waco, Texas. She was a member of Trinity Lutheran Church, Air Force Sergeants Association Auxiliary and was a lifetime member of VA DAV Auxiliary.

On March 13, 1943, she married Kenneth L. Owensby at Denver, Colorado. He preceded her in death June 2001. She was also preceded in death by her parents and brother, Samuel Armand Countryman.

Survivors include her four sons, Gary L. (Lyra McCarty) Owensby, Overland Park; Ron L. Owensby, Topeka; G. Wayne (Maureen O'Donovan) Owensby, Topeka and Ken (Christeen) Owensby, Jr., Silver Lake; seven grandchildren, three great-grandchildren and one great-great-grandchild.

Funeral services will be at 1:00 p.m., Thursday, April 25 at Penwell-Gabel -Mid-Town Chapel. Burial will follow at Mount Hope Cemetery. Visitation will be held on Wednesday from 6:30 until 8:30 p.m.

Memorial contributions may be made to Trinity Lutheran Church, 725 SW Buchanan St, Topeka, 66606 or Grace Hospice, 3715 SW 29th St, Ste. 100, Topeka, 66614.

To leave a special memory of Elaine, please click the "Share Memories" button above.

http://m.penwellgabeltopeka.com/obituary.aspx?src=value&obitid=66997&fname=Elaine%20C.&lname=Owensby&city=Topeka&st=Kansas

• Advisory Board

TR,

I am so sorry to hear the sad news.

You are in my thoughts. I hope that the caring and support of all of your online friends helps you through this sad time.

Love,

Barry

I am sad to hear of your Mom's passing, Ron, and I hope she felt at peace knowing that many people loved and cared for her. May your days be brighter in the near future, and may you find things to look forward to...

(((((((( RON )))))))))

big warm hugs to you ~

Loss is always difficult.  At 91, seems she's shared a good, long life with loved ones. 

My mom passed a little over two years ago.  Even though I knew it was coming, one can't help or control the rollercoaster of emotion that washes over the soul.  For each person, the healing is different.... and the time frame for that healing varies.  George Harrison's All Things Must Pass gave me some comfort and strength..  As did the fact that I knew I had a guardian angel spirit watching over me, freed from suffering this earthly realm. 

Quantum physics attempts to explain how all things are connected... but there's so much going on that we have yet to explain or have words for.  But, we know all things are connected...

And, pardon me when I say... she'll always be with you, Ron, watching over you... sharing your life with you.  She'll speak to you in the quiet times... and give you guidance when you need it.  It's the separation of the spirit from the flesh that we can't exactly explain and it throws us off... as if the spirit isn't there anymore.  But... we're connected... and we chose that a long time ago ... and we'll be connected for a long time to come. 

much love to you Ron ~ wish I could give you a big hug right now ~ much love

Archived