Cosmic New Year 2014-2015

Mr. Goat

12/28 Richmond

12/29 Philadelphia

12/30 Huntington, NY

12/31 Hungtinton, NY

1/2 DC

1/3 DC

The fan club tickets are for the floor at The Paramount? I like the floor, but I also really like the very back balcony. May just buy tickets for both. I remember security would sometimes not let me into the back balcony last year since I had a ticket for the floor, but sometimes made it back there. They had some system with wrist bands, but I can't recall exactly how it worked. Regardless, this should be a fantastic time! I always enjoy a New Year's Run. I'll do them all except maybe for Richmond. Although there is a decent chance I'll end up doing Richmond. No driving this time if I do. Drive from Richmond to Philly last year was no fun.

Hope to see plenty of friends out there!

Can there be a hotel for Long Island again this year, Looky?

The Paramount fan club are offering some reserved seats, but it looks like many were held back for tomorrow mornings general sale. I was on right at ten and was surprised at the limited offeried on pre-sale, eithor that or someone bought a lot of seats on both sides real fast! Yesterday I saw somewhere how well received the Paramount in Huntington is becoming, and how it is becoming "world class". Whatever it is, I am glad DSO is coming back and for people living on LI you gotta love all the shows played in and around here this year. Happy NYE in August :)

• Forum MVP

Has anyone visited the 9:30 club. In DC? What is the venue size and vibe? We are thinking of picking these up. Good places to stay close?

The joy of being your own boss and small business owner is the overhead still runs Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday........ We will need some NYE by the weekend, for sure. I about withered away waiting for DSO to return southernly last year after Blk Mtn 2013 :)

• Forum MVP

Don't know about places near by. I've always been fortunate enough to crash at a friends place who lives in the area.

9:30 club: It's small, it's crowded, the staff is not nice, a lot of the attendees are not what I would call deadheads, the vibes are not what I would call "good." The sound is pretty good though. Having said all that, DSO has brought it and then some for every show I've seen there. I would say if it's not too much of a stretch, make it happen. 

• Forum MVP

9:30 club .... it ain't Black Mountain ....

but you get community hours credit if needed for attending a show at this place .... :rofl:

yikes ...

and it is a Friday & Saturday night .... so will be packed wall to wall ... :580:

disclamer - you are in the nation capital city and can take in the sites .... but after the show get to a safer part of town ... with all said I may attend as I am still on Holiday Break ... :unsure:

• Forum MVP

Has anyone visited the 9:30 club. In DC? What is the venue size and vibe? We are thinking of picking these up. Good places to stay close?

The joy of being your own boss and small business owner is the overhead still runs Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday........ We will need some NYE by the weekend, for sure. I about withered away waiting for DSO to return southernly last year after Blk Mtn 2013 :)

9:30 Club.......put it this way......I've opted out of seeing DSO there for the past 2 years.......and I live 30 minutes away from the venue.

That being said, over the past 2 years I have traveled up to 4 hours to see DSO on at least 3 occasions.

Need I say more??

Oh how I really miss the State Theater gigs.........

• Forum MVP

hate to say bro, but you missed some smoking shows the past two years!!!!

Yes, there is a lot to be said about 930, but DSO seems to love it, and rips every night I have seen them there.  two years ago, dance space sucked, last year, playoffs, we had some space!!

Thinking after New Years, the weekend will be slower than normal.  Could be wrong, but I am in!!!   The sound is just to good, and I have tricks to get space for wings!!!!

30mins from DSO?  Really!!!  They have seats top bar, you could just chill and get blown away:}!!!!!!

Good family in DC, that helps as well!!  Always nice to groove and move with familiar faces and kind souls, and discussions to the cab drivers about Ghana music:}!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Forum MVP

So after saying I wouldn't do another New Years run, booked Richmond Philly avd DCx2. It's such a good feeling ordering tix and hotels. Decided to book suites for the 1st 2 shows after a packed house in a tiny hotel room in Richmond last year. Good times ahead!!!!!

Archived