crazy fingers

drums space

other one

world to give

Saturday

mission

other one was huge

• Forum MVP

80s heavy setlist with a mission encore. Definitely a little different setlist but looks fun!!! Don't think I've never seen a setlist with so little early dead in it. OMSN, Gset and other one are the only songs pre 76.

Don't remember seeing DSO play OMSN in an original not on a Saturday since I've followed them.

Definitely different and that's always fun!!!!

• Forum MVP

80s heavy setlist with a mission encore. Definitely a little different setlist but looks fun!!! Don't think I've never seen a setlist with so little early dead in it. OMSN, Gset and other one are the only songs pre 76.

Don't remember seeing DSO play OMSN in an original not on a Saturday since I've followed them.

Definitely different and that's always fun!!!!

Roses and Mission pre76 too, All Over Now technically as well

couple DSO elective Saturday Night's not on actual Saturdays that I know of 

got a "not-so" Saturday Night on a Tuesday in Ft.Laud couple months ago part of a one drummer ISO elective 

and one of my fave DSO shows of all time 4.6.06 Dallas on a Thursday was an elective with a Saturday night 2nd set closer

love this setlist

i think Ces't La Vie (You Never Can Tell) is a first indeed...very nice, now time for Rhapsody in Red..

I made a big mistake by going to this show after going to GD Movie night on Monday. I just couldn't get the vibe after haven seeing the real thing light up the theater on Monday(Jerry and Bobby smoked the guitars away). Also, we(I) wait here in new jersey for some classic 70's covers and we get a shit setlist, along with $10 coors lights and $5 bottles of water at NJ state theater. I recently saw Dead on Live at the South Orange PAC and Heinekens,Amstels, and Blue Moons were $5 plus they played everything a pre- disco dead fan would want to hear. Dead on Live even has a guy who comes out and does all the great pig songs and he plays harmonica too. Well I hope we get a better setlist at Count Basie. In my opinion the greatest month in Dead history May 77 should be honored every May.  

I hope the folks at Penns Peak aren't as dissapointed as me, and as rudedoogg said, one more saturday on a thursday night is plain ridiculous.

• Forum MVP

Teacher.  That wasn't very nice of you to pile on the guy who simply wanted his Cornell 1 night before the anniversary.  Can't you tell that yetivanmarshall is really disappointed and likely really hurt?

Yetivanmarshall > Don't listen to him.  Not a big fan of the setlist - I totally get it!  What a drag, right?  Here - let me help you:

Wait for it.....

and......

wambulance.jpg

Your welcome :)

"one more saturday on a thursday night is plain ridiculous."

Oh the horror.  Samson on Sunday only, too?  By the way, let me know at what song you stopped listening to the music and perseverated about the golden age of the GD.  Here's the 1M dollar question tho:  Were you still there once the opening notes of Mission were played?  Inquiring minds would like to know.

There's is a petition circulating to have DSO recreate 6/15/95 at count basie.  Wanna sign-on?  There's a smokin Samba from that show!  Let me know buddy.

• Forum MVP

Honestly if you don't get at least 1 from jersey or New York bashing a show here or on Facebook, I'd think the world was coming to an end. And complaining about beer prices in jersey?? You ever go to sporting events in your area?? And I never said OMSN was ridiculous on a weekday. I said I didn't remember one in an elective. Different is good. U hear may 77 nonstop on your stereo I'm assuming. See more shows and you will be happy for variety. May 77 had similar setlists every night. If DSO decided to play all may 77 in may of 2015 which is not an important anniversary year anyway for 77, that would get stale pretty quick for the band and the guys who see lots of shows.

• Forum MVP

I remember seeing those grateful dead nuts in Sacramento California in 86 one sat and sun and for "technical reasons" had to open Sunday show with One More Sat Nite...Ridiculous

• Forum MVP

thank you for the list, I was getting tired of looking at that Cali show. Since The Who cancelled their Louisville show tomorrow night, we'll be heading to Middleton, Ohio for a Born Cross Eyed experience. As to the above review; why complain when you got people carrying the torch and keeping the dance floors hot? It looks like a ridiculously funky show with a west LA and a shakedown, blow away, world to give, mission, every song is big on that list and I'm sure was played with ferocity and compassion!

• Forum MVP

I remember seeing those grateful dead nuts in Sacramento California in 86 one sat and sun and for "technical reasons" had to open Sunday show with One More Sat Nite...Ridiculous

How about that Greek third night 86 second set Fire opener? That was a hot Sunday afternoon!

Honestly if you don't get at least 1 from jersey or New York bashing a show here or on Facebook, I'd think the world was coming to an end. >>>

That's funny! Last year some dude on FB from New Jersey was literally losing his head complaining to DSO and trying to troll them into not playing an elective set and just going nuts. 

I was literally flabbergasted. I love the elective sets.

I'm from Middletown, Ohio originally. I'm glad BCE is going there this weekend. 

• Forum MVP

Last year some dude on FB from New Jersey was literally losing his head complaining to DSO and trying to troll them into not playing an elective set and just going nuts. 

I was literally flabbergasted. I

You mean this beauty?

gallery_27783_195_95587.png

• Forum MVP

Guess he needed to vent and get that posted before his battery went dead.

Bashing the band on the bands forum is a great way to make new lifelong friends. In the Dead's 2300 shows they put up a few strange setlists. I concur this setlist has a touch of weird to it, but what fun is it having a standard show EVERY show. What dead fan doesn't appreciate a little weirdness. There's def no way I predict a mission encore after the setlist they put up. I'd scratch my head for 3 seconds at the encore which seems to not fit at all with the rest and then be like wow we are gonna get some beautiful guitar from Jeff and a good length song at that.

• Forum MVP

Guess he needed to vent and get that posted before his battery went dead.

Bashing the band on the bands forum is a great way to make new lifelong friends. In the Dead's 2300 shows they put up a few strange setlists. I concur this setlist has a touch of weird to it, but what fun is it having a standard show EVERY show. What dead fan doesn't appreciate a little weirdness. There's def no way I predict a mission encore after the setlist they put up. I'd scratch my head for 3 seconds at the encore which seems to not fit at all with the rest and then be like wow we are gonna get some beautiful guitar from Jeff and a good length song at that.
I think most of us are on that page, and I know I yearn for originals.

My battery comment was in regards to Tea's post about the angry young man on FB. He was down to 6% and probably dropping fast due to the weight of invectives he was slinging.

• Forum MVP

Rude, living on the edge like that will catch up with you at the most awkward times, like when you are deep embedded at a show.

DD, I hear you about the bad standup followed by the Great White Song

Well pardon me for exersizing my right to free speech(text in this case). When you pay for my tickets, parking, beer consumption and so on, then I'll have no right to bitch, whine,moan,rant and complain. If, you don't believe this, then you've become fine little examples of the new world order. By the way, have you seen the extraordinary show the fine Pennsylvanians(where America begins) got last night? Now I'm bitchin even more! When DSO comes to New Jersey we'll even suffer through a Capitol Theater or Englishtown show   :580: .

• Forum MVP

Well pardon me for exersizing my right to free speech(text in this case). When you pay for my tickets, parking, beer consumption and so on, then I'll have no right to bitch, whine,moan,rant and complain. If, you don't believe this, then you've become fine little examples of the new world order. By the way, have you seen the extraordinary show the fine Pennsylvanians(where America begins) got last night? Now I'm bitchin even more! When DSO comes to New Jersey we'll even suffer through a Capitol Theater or Englishtown show :580: .

We never said u don't have the right. We were exercising our right to bash online as well. I think the 47th amendment covers anonymous Internet trolling rights. And if you decided to go to last nights show u would have gotten your pre disco 73. As someone said see more shows. They play variety so you get a full dead experience. I've seen dead recreations several times that I was like the dead made a crappy setlist, but this show wasn't a bad setlist.it was just a little different. Looks like 1st set was a rocker. Look at the 90s setlists. Some of those are pretty bad.

As I was reviewing this thread and thinking about the fact I have never seen DSO do Mission or World to Give (two of my faves), I have seen DSO more than some and a whole lost less than others (25 to 30 or so). There are many tunes I still have not heard them do. Baby Blue, Black Muddy River, Blow Away, Werewolves, Simple Twist, Visions, Golden Road, to name a few.  Alway fun to hear a newbie.

Archived