Spring Tour West

PoetryGirl

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

I was this close to pulling a ridiculous drive to do Seattle and Portland. Wiyhin the next 2 years I'm going to do a 6-8 show run on this tour. This year it looks like a perfect layout for a run grrrrr. Straight south the whole time with no zigzagging. This is the type of layout I wish was on summer tour. If this tour was designed like summer tour it would be berkley>Eugene>north Cali> Seattle> Portland. I really wanna dance on those crystal ballroom floors!!!!

• Forum MVP

Just noted the following in an email someone forwarded me delineating DSO's upcoming shows: "Tonight, our final West Coast tour of 2016 gets underway in Seattle." Surely that is a misprint, otherwise there is no West Coast fall tour.

• Forum MVP

according to Eaton per Facebook no west coast fall 2016 tour ... won't be back on west coast again until February 2017

so it is not a misprint ...

the travel costs are brutal not to mention the massive miles put on the Prevost... the distance between cities west of the Mississippi are multiply times higher than the cities east of the Mississippi River

DSO will focus on more southern and midwest tour dates come fall 2016

• Forum MVP

I also saw on Facebook that there are 2 TBD shows Tuesday and Wednesday right before Chicago. That means close enough to drive next day. I'm guessing St Louis outdoors is 1 of the shows. :)

• Forum MVP

Looks like the pic was removed that showed 6-23 and 6-24 TBA. But I'm on board if we get those dates. That would be a 5-show run without a break and that would be rare. Oooooh. B2b St Louis shows?? Maybe Nashville then St Louis then Chicago. Or maybe the TBA was never supposed to be on there in the 1st place, hence the pic being removed....or maybe......free Springfield show??? I mean you do the free show on a early weekday if you do it right? Or maybe a Louisville riverfront show? Nashville riverfront seems cool too.

If fall gives us south and Midwest since no west coast, then I've got a shot of getting 30 shows this year. My cup Has been full. One of the better winters I can remember even if I didn't count all the shows I got. Better start saving and stop ordering from Amazon every 2 days to prepare for a 3 week tour of the south in October/November!!! No whammy. No whammy.

• Forum MVP

Personally (and selfishly) I am not pleased with this turn of events...

Yeah I sent a group text to some tour friends and was like this is a great turn of events for us. Then I realized Chuck was also in that group and was like sorry :/.

Yeah this def sucks for you since you aren't touring like you had. Looks like u will just have to hit the airport and hop in with some of us :)

• Forum MVP

If only you had a band Matt and were offered a spot to play, you could park behind the stage and have no hill. start auditioning bluegrass people and manage a band called Dead Grass. Problem solved. I would love to hear a bluegrass dead cover at jubilee. You would be the low cost option to grateful grass.

Sitting in a hotel room in Seattle as we speak, anxiously awaiting liftoff after a day strolling next to the Puget Sound.

A beautiful couple of spring days in the PNW, with flowers blooming, birds singing little songs and then flying off, and bright sun shining through my window.

Night 1 of 3, with 2 shows on the bouncing floors of the Crystal Ballroom to follow back home. But first? Tonight's tour kickoff at the Showbox Sodo. All I can think of is this: I couldn't be more thankful, I couldn't be more excited to dance with a bunch of smiling weirdos. I can't imagine my life without this music. I'm glad I don't have to.

Thank you Grateful Dead and thank you DSO. Almost time now. Its gonna be a long, long, crazy, crazy night.

• Forum MVP

No more West Coast til '17.

Ouch...shit. This news is a bit difficult to swallow.

Well I've never been East of Minnesota in my life but I have a feeling DSO is what will get me out over thataway.

Meanwhile,,we better soak up every minute of their west coast playing!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP
The Boulder run starts tonight - Have fun lucky ducks!  Here's to the drunk talkers finding something else to do for the next 3 nights.  {{{Dance Space}}}

75 degrees today and 38 with snow by Saturday into Sunday.  Wheeeeeeeee! :)

• Forum MVP

I just found out that only malicious envy is a deadly sin and not plain envy. I don't want to hurt anyone or ruin their time b/c I'm envious. I just want to join in on the fun too!! *grabs rosary and does 10 Hail Marys for sloth and gluttony.

Archived