Jump to content
LagerandGospel

Jubilee 2018 Roll Call

Recommended Posts

17 hours ago, pawpaw87 said:

First time attending...are “camp fires” allowed in RV area?

 

Not sure about the rv area but I don’t think with the weather projected that anyone will want a campfire. Prob won’t be under 70 degrees until early morning. Currently showing 70s til 2-3am but of course that’s subject to change. I think the temps will likely hold. I don’t trust any rain forecast this far out though. 

 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spent a relaxing day off completing

the PILE, test pack the car, go to

grocery store, all with the boys in

the background.

 

Jubilee on the horizon.

 

Praise DSO.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

everybody drive safe and have a BLAST this weekend!! Wish I could be there boogieing and hanging with y'all....

just soak up all the great vibes, smiles, kindness, and laughter and bathe when you can...

 

💜😎💃🏻🌹

 

  • Like (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We'll be Truck'n for One more day....

 

Most of the cats that you meet on the street speak of true love
Most of the time they're sitting and crying at home
One of these days they know they gotta get going
Out of the door and into the street all alone

 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Island Bro said:

everybody drive safe and have a BLAST this weekend!! Wish I could be there boogieing and hanging with y'all....

just soak up all the great vibes, smiles, kindness, and laughter and bathe when you can...

 

💜😎💃🏻🌹

 

Can’t wait to see you at Red Rocks!!

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FYI for any 1st timers, do NOT drive dirty leaving jubilee. Too many people we know got in trouble 1st few years. They still heavily profile on Monday with 10+ troopers in the 1st few miles pulling over the cars that their spotter calls in, but most know to leave everything there. 3 lanes wide of heavy traffic and 3 miles down the road a trooper just randomly pulls out of the median and sits on my bumper for 2 miles 3 years ago. Every year there are 2-3 people pulled over at all times going both ways. It’s literally that bad.  Be safe. 

  • Like (+1) 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Frankenstein260 said:

 Are the gates opening at 12:00 on Friday or will they open earlier for us to set up camp?

Standard statement has always been gates at noon but they are usually open before that just depending upon the whem of those folk running the entrance.

 

Peace and Love and drive safely,

Doc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's Jubilee time!  Go ring that bell peoples!  Sorrowful that I'm a no-show but life intervenes.  So bleeping excited for everyone!  There is nothing quite like:

  • The moment when you realize that you can't sleep Thursday night
  • The moment you push away from your house to hit the road to Shangrila and start the soundtrack for the ride
  • The moment when you finally put your rig in park at your final spot
  • The moment you start seeing the faces of those who help make Jubilee even better
  • The moment your camp is set and you get to sit down and exhale that 'I'm done' breath 
  • The moment of that first belly laugh that you know will be followed by 100+ more in the next 3 days
  • The moment that the the first band gets started and which begins the buildup to the DSO sets
  • The moment one of the longest pre-games of the year begins
  • The moment you head down to the stage so you don't miss DSO coming out
  • The moment the first note pierces the air and you already know it's gonna get Stranger
  • The moment you realize that many of these moments and 100's of others like it will get to happen whether the sun or moon are setting
  • The moment you realize you'll have to keep dancing to keep from getting over-heated

Safe travels to everyone.  No foolin about riding out of that place dirty - just don't do it.  Keep you stuff nice 'n' tight goin in and you'll be golden!  Cut some rug and move some furniture for me!

  • Like (+1) 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FINAL weather forecast per TWC:  All days, highs mid 80's, lows mid 60's.  Fri. - mostly sunny, 20% chance of rain.  Sat. - T-showers, 80% chance . . ..  Sun. - PM T-showers, 80% chance . . . Mon.- Scattered showers, 40%.

Packing up now and out the door at first light.  Safe travels to all!  Will meet you at the Jubilee!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

...the law come to get you if you don't walk right....watch each card you play....Just cuz you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.....it feels just like running a red light....it's all right.... Ain't no place I'd rather be...so, the kids they dance and shake their bones.... Sleep in the stars.... Wake up to find out...enjoying the ride... gonna have another good time, one more time.... Hey, Saturday nite.... Drink all day, gonna rock all nite..... Thank you, for a real good time..... Truckin', I 'm a going home, whoa, whoa, baby, back where I belong....

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Tea said:

It's Jubilee time!  Go ring that bell peoples!  Sorrowful that I'm a no-show but life intervenes.  So bleeping excited for everyone!  There is nothing quite like:

  • The moment when you realize that you can't sleep Thursday night
  • The moment you push away from your house to hit the road to Shangrila and start the soundtrack for the ride
  • The moment when you finally put your rig in park at your final spot
  • The moment you start seeing the faces of those who help make Jubilee even better
  • The moment your camp is set and you get to sit down and exhale that 'I'm done' breath 
  • The moment of that first belly laugh that you know will be followed by 100+ more in the next 3 days
  • The moment that the the first band gets started and which begins the buildup to the DSO sets
  • The moment one of the longest pre-games of the year begins
  • The moment you head down to the stage so you don't miss DSO coming out
  • The moment the first note pierces the air and you already know it's gonna get Stranger
  • The moment you realize that many of these moments and 100's of others like it will get to happen whether the sun or moon are setting

Safe travels to everyone.  No foolin about riding out of that place dirty - just don't do it.  Keep you stuff nice 'n' tight goin in and you'll be golden!  Cut some rug and move some furniture for me!

 

Gonna miss your spirit bro!!!  Gr8fulpair and goingbacktowhere too.  Thats a big bummer.  Our embassy suites group in raleigh was a lot of fun.  Will miss you guys a bunch.  It definitely wont be the same.  I likely have a better chance to get into heaven now.....right?

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, How Do You Do? said:

FINAL weather forecast per TWC:  All days, highs mid 80's, lows mid 60's.  Fri. - mostly sunny, 20% chance of rain.  Sat. - T-showers, 80% chance . . ..  Sun. - PM T-showers, 80% chance . . . Mon.- Scattered showers, 40%.

Packing up now and out the door at first light.  Safe travels to all!  Will meet you at the Jubilee!

 

Technically the final forecast for Saturday and Sunday will be on saturday then sunday  That 80% you mention is the chance that 1 drop may fall.  Its afternoon thunderstorm season because of the heat.  Cells can pop up anywhere.  I aint worried about 30 minutes of rain.  There wont be a big rain front so Im not worried.  Thats the shit that gets you.  I dont expect more than 1-2 hourrs of rain total all jubilee by my forecast and thats as good as you can ever hope for.  Plus it will be so damn hot, we will be praying for rain during the afternoon to cool it down.  Im an amateur meteorologist as I have to be with my anal compulsive need to plan.  I predicted no rain would fall in Wilmington as everyone on tv was calling for it to pour.  But its hard to calculate afternoon thunderstorms as it may go from sunny to pouring rain in 3 minutes this time of year.  BUT....the nights will be clear with no rain and thats the good part.  Will only rain between noon and 5p.  mark it down.

 

Time to hit the road.  Took care of some work and time to head northeast!!!!!!  See you bitches soon!!!!!(used in a loving context)

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After year one I definitely ain’t scared of a little rain. Lol. After that mess I’ve learned to be at least a little prepared. Just hoping for no musical cancellations 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Getting real close now.

Work over until Tuesday.

Super psyched for my

first jubilee.

See everyone tomorrow.

 

Praise DSO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

pregame party at the park&ride

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m so jealous. Self employment in a seasonal business is keeping me grounded. Somebody’s got to tend to Greg’s Grateful Gardens. Enjoy your time in the sun to the fullest. Dance in my place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In line over here next to the venue. They're going to move us across the street soon and said they'll stop traffic to let the line move along. There are a bunch of people over here, looking pretty orderly so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

California kind and Dso/Melvin made me a redneck. What does it mean if half of your face is burnt but the other half is white. I tried my best to rotisserie myself but 95% of the time the sun was on my right side and my neck. Need a north facing show to even me out. 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • LMAO 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Chatbox

    Please do not post support requests here. Use Private Message.
    Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.
  • Recently Browsing
     
     

    No registered users viewing this page.

     
×